Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    No, and I dont care anymore. I think whoever can release a dualcore smartphone first on Sprint, will be the one who gets my scrill.
    "I will go in this way, but I'll find my own way out." -DMB

Dear Lord,
    Please grant me the ability to punch people in the face over standard TCP/IP.
    Amen.
    I personally don't like to have **** that everybody else has. i.e iphone.

No physical keyboard is also a fail for me. I like that i can tether for free on sprint thanks to mytether. I also like swappable batteries because i frequently go on long trips/plane rides.

But honestly, without precentral, i don't know how i would have managed with webOS beta which is essentially where we are "pre"-2.0
    Treo 650 > HTC Mogul > HTC Touch Diamond > BB Curve > Palm PRE > HTC Evo + BB Bold
    At one time, I thought I had to have a physical keyboard, too. But once I got used to not having it, I don't miss it.

Sent from my proudly-owned EVO, by way of Llazy Llama Llinguistics™
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    Quite simply, both.

At&t put their eggs into IOS. [until recently]
    Verizon put their eggs in Android.
    Sprint had their eggs in BlackBerry and Palm OS.

There's no reason to not expand to all platforms.
    That way your customer base is more broad spectrum, you don't exclude anyone.

If Sprint had two solid devices from each platform [Blackberry, Android, WebOS, WM7, and IOS] they would completely own any other carrier.
    I really wish the US would get to the model of just being able to buy a phone and then install the chip/sim card of our preferred wireless carrier. No locked down phones and no worry about what phones a particular carrier is offering - just like how we buy computers. The current arrangement sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    When did Sprint ever put their egg's in Blackberry? It wasn't until recently (like what, 2009?) that they started getting Blackberries when the brand would launch (when I say brand, I mean new BB brand like the Tour -- which was turned into the Bold later on). Mostly Sprint would get the left overs from another carrier. Plus, Sprint has been pushing Android devices like crazy. Especially since the EVO 4G...
    The answer, of course, is that they didn't. It's just another broad sweeping statement that's not based in fact.

I was patiently waiting for new BB devices when the Pre was announced. I was considering switching carriers simply because they (Sprint) didn't offer the new BB's.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I was patiently waiting for new BB devices when the Pre was announced. I was considering switching carriers simply because they (Sprint) didn't offer the new BB's.
    If only Sprint had offered the new BB's. Damn you Sprint.
    Proof that this IS NOT a Sprint iPhone? Gizmodo was invited. End of Story. WebOS device? Possibly but it would be weird to have Sprint announce somethng two days prior to HP's event.
    Quote Originally Posted by wodin6 View Post
    I have pretty much the same beliefs. I only want a physical keyboard. I've used both and I prefer a phone with one. iOS is also a major issue for me. I do not use very many apps, so how a phone works as a phone is most important to me. The only reason I even have a smart phone is for web browsing, email, and pandora. I'm also very OCD and have to have a clean home screen. In webos, I leave 0 cards open. When I had android, I had 0 icons/widgets. iOS is just a cluster of icons and I cannot handle that. lol
    I agree 100%! I haaaate that cluster of endless apps that litter the iphone os and I despise how ios handles notifications and multitasking. Only thing I envy are the apps that I wish I could use on a daily..but the multi tasking and data consumption I do with the pre I could never do with the same with ios. Also I almost never play games on my pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    I really wish the US would get to the model of just being able to buy a phone and then install the chip/sim card of our preferred wireless carrier. No locked down phones and no worry about what phones a particular carrier is offering - just like how we buy computers. The current arrangement sucks.
    I think the biggest difference is that for most people they are happy using a 3 year old computer if it was top of the line when they bought it, or if they upgraded certain parts that you can't do with a phone. I would rather pay $200 for a locked phone every 2 years for use on a specific carrier than pay $600 for an unlocked phone.

The wireless landscape in the U.S. Doesn't lend itself to swapping as much as it does in Europe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    Quite simply, both.

At&t put their eggs into IOS. [until recently]
    Verizon put their eggs in Android.
    Sprint had their eggs in BlackBerry and Palm OS.

There's no reason to not expand to all platforms.
    That way your customer base is more broad spectrum, you don't exclude anyone.

If Sprint had two solid devices from each platform [Blackberry, Android, WebOS, WM7, and IOS] they would completely own any other carrier.
    I think even though Sprint hasnt found much success as of late with focusing on Blackberry and Palm, i dont see them truely abandoning it now that both companies future looks bright. I think Blackberry is doing amazing with their ads now and with HP going full force with Palm we are going to see a revolution in the smartphone OS wars.

Sprint knows this, and they also know that alot of their still loyal business class customers want a Blackberry or Palm phone. So what you said is sound but i still think Sprint will be very Blackberry and Palm focused in the next few quarters. Sprint is in the Blackberry and Palm camp. Its only not worked out for them because both companiea went stale for a long while. Now i think we are going to see some crazy developments before this year ends. Here's hoping HP can end up at the top of the hill in the end.
    Sprint needs to steal some thunder from the Verizon iPhone announcement. The more I think about it, the more likely a Sprint iPhone becomes realistic. Look at Sprints change to the $10 premium data package. Why would Sprint make the change if not for a 3G device that would potentially be a huge seller?

Front running the HP event with webOS devices before they're announced? Seems kinda backwards, though I suppose announcing an entire line of webOS devices and their availability and pricing on Sprint is possible, with the expectation more information will be learned about the devices shortly?

A full expansion of WiMax to all/almost all Sprint areas?

Oh well, you can really spend as much time as you want trying to link together coincidences into a giant conspiracy theory if you want. Most people with that habit get labeled as crazy so I'm going to stop now, hah.
    It seems as though there is a better chance of Sprint getting the Iphone than getting a new WebOS phone.
    i cant see Sprint announcing any new WebOS devices on Feb 7. that is 1 day before HPalm have their press conference and for Sprint to announce new WebOS phones what would HPalm have to say?

i think Sprint will announce stuff to do with their wireless plans and 4G, or from a post above, that they will merge with HPalm. then the next day HPalm follows up announcement about the new devices that will be on Sprint.

i guess we will find out soon enough
    While one can clearly see that HP/Palm having an event on the 9th would normally preclude a carrier pre-announcing on the 7th, I don't think it's entirely unlikely due to the nature of the event on the 9th. If HP/Palm is primarily planning to focus on a multi-carrier, multi-device launch with a demonstration of this new ecosystem that they will apparently be driving into the market, then it's quite possible they gave Sprint the go ahead to launch a Sprint specific phone to drum up some anti-iPhone excitement for the carrier.

Had the HP/Palm event been solely focused on new phones and tablets, and not the whole ecosystem thing, then I don't think this would have even been a possibility. Don't really know either way, so I guess we'll see in 21 days, or so.
    Isn't the upcoming Sprint announcement supposed to be "an industry first"? If so, how would the iPhone qualify for that when it has already been announced on Verizon? Would there be something different about the Sprint iPhone as opposed to the Verizon one?

If the PalmPad offers something truly unique, I could see that maybe falling into the "an industry first" category. Then there is the rumor about a new 3D video capable device. That could fit the category as well.
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    Isn't the upcoming Sprint announcement supposed to be "an industry first"? If so, how would the iPhone qualify for that when it has already been announced on Verizon? Would there be something different about the Sprint iPhone as opposed to the Verizon one?

If the PalmPad offers something truly unique, I could see that maybe falling into the "an industry first" category. Then there is the rumor about a new 3D video capable device. That could fit the category as well.

I agree, or unless the iphone sprint announces will be a 4G wimax one.
    Yeah I was wondering about that but would a wimax iPhone really be something worth calling "an industry first"? There are already wimax phones available so what would put the iPhone in that "industry first" category on Sprint?
    i posted this in another thread.

i dont think sprints getting the iphone.

http://twitter.com/sprint/statuses/24956118409150464

" Thx 4 the iPhone comments! While it’s a great device, Sprint has a strong device lineup, great 3G/4G network & simple, cost-effective plans. "
    yeah the announcement for sprint is going to be about the 3d android phone. Worlds first
    set up exchange on your iOS device
    sign in with gmail account
    server: m.google.com

Now you have 2 features of mobile me for free. Ill still pay for mobile me for my 20 gigs of storage (which I use for web hosting), for remote desktop, and to host my photos. Amazon sells it for 60 bucks btw.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast