Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I spoke with an insider yesterday who has SEEN the next Palm device. It will be super small, as in super way small, much smaller than the Pixi. The idea is you can bring it out on your glam evening out, when you don't want to carry something bigger.

The source is 100% reliable, and that person said they saw the actual phone. You can dismiss this post, and I will not release the source's name, but I am happy to never post on this site again if I am proven wrong.

The small form factor is NOT what I was hoping for. I was hoping for the fastest, baddest phone on the market. I think Palm should basically push out whatever you think should go into an iPhone 5 (including no keyboard), and focus on speed and the most intuitive mobile user interface in the world.

But instead, here's what you got, super small tiny dinky phone. You can bank on it.
    Perfect for a busy moms out for a "glam" evening? Oh no!!!

But, they are looking for something different to help them stand out, so maybe it could be cool. My wife would go for tiny if it somehow also has a real keyboard.

Can you make it into a wristwatch, like an iPod Nano?
    There was a rumor of a keyboardless Pre coming out to replace the pixi overseas. I think the screen was to be the Pre sized screen, but thinner with no slider.
    If this IS true, Im sure its just one of the many phones they are coming out with.
    If this is true, it makes me glad I moved on. If I had a phone any smaller than the Pre was, I would lose it sooooooo fast!

I also don't do glam nights out, or nights out of pretty much any type, so I'd see no point.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Didn't we already hear a rumor somewhere that HP planned to release "the world's smallest smartphone" or something like that? I agree with the post above, I have no reason to doubt that this is true, but i can't imagine that is the only phone they will announce.
    That doesnt seem reliable. Palm has to be really stupid to do that.

Sent From Tapatalk.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    I hear its going to come with a clothes pin on the back. So you can just wear it on your jacket, pants, socks, underwear, wherever you like.

I don't mind different form factors, just don't gimp it.
    While others make bigger phones HP is moving towards smaller and smaller phones....This is just nutz
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    If this is true, it makes me glad I moved on. If I had a phone any smaller than the Pre was, I would lose it sooooooo fast!

I also don't do glam nights out, or nights out of pretty much any type, so I'd see no point.
    I like the size of the Pre, and one thing holding me back from some other phones is that they are too big to fit in my pockets, but I really have zero need for anything smaller than the Pre.

That's nifty, but if they don't have something powerful that runs on Sprint, I guess I have to choose between the new Evo w/keyboard and the Epic.
    Let's all remember that this is just an unconfirmed rumor. Announcement on the 9th should clear things up.
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzlegal View Post
    I like the size of the Pre, and one thing holding me back from some other phones is that they are too big to fit in my pockets, but I really have zero need for anything smaller than the Pre.

That's nifty, but if they don't have something powerful that runs on Sprint, I guess I have to choose between the new Evo w/keyboard and the Epic.
    Epic is pure garbage and plastic like the pre. Get an evo. Go look at it. Its smaller than you think.

Sent From Tapatalk.

Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Well, you've to to admit that it is a niche. The Verizon Mommy-phone didn't work because the Pre was never really designed to fill that niche. However, a truly small phone could do it. A lot of people did like the size of the Pixi despite it being kind of a paddle.
    I would have gotten a pixi if it was bigger. I like that form factor.

Sent From Tapatalk.

Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Well, you've to to admit that it is a niche. The Verizon Mommy-phone didn't work because the Pre was never really designed to fill that niche. However, a truly small phone could do it. A lot of people did like the size of the Pixi despite it being kind of a paddle.
    Every mommy I know with a smartphone has an iPhone, Evo, or Blackberry.
    post seems like troll bait to me......... but that being said I would not be surprised to see a small form factor.
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzlegal View Post

I thought that about the Evo, when I first looked at, however, after I got it, I was pleasantly surprised. The size is perfect and it still fits in the pocket of my size 1 women's jeans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Every mommy I know with a smartphone has an iPhone, Evo, or Blackberry.
    Yep! This mom has an Evo and my son will be 16 in 5 more days.
    Small could be cool, but the problem is that it will have the same data plan requirements as a full sized smart phone. I'm not going to pay for that much a month to not be able to use much data due to screen limitations. It just doesn't make sense. If it was offered on a dumbphone plan, perhaps.
    Did you guys already forget that HP already promised they'll release more than one device (I heard 5 or 6) this year? That's HP, not PALM. Remember, PALM doesn't exist anymore.

Alarmists never cease to amaze...
    Last edited by rsanchez1; 01/11/2011 at 03:38 PM.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast