Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    good criminy people...HP has already stated:

MULTIPLE FORM FACTORS

This is NOT the only phone they will be releasing! They KNOW it can't be the only one...come on! Unlike Apple, they WILL be releasing different form factors so that people have a choice & can actually make their phone FUNCTIONAL for their lifestyle!

I can't wait for Feb 9, but I seriously hope they throw down the gauntlet or I'm gonna flip out & (begrudgingly) grab an Evo or switch to Verizon for iPhone...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Let's all remember that this is just an unconfirmed rumor. Announcement on the 9th should clear things up.
    No. It's "100% reliable". Didn't you read the OP? Jeesh!
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    With all the bluetooth accessories and auxiliary devices out there i can almost imagine a base phone sans speaker/earpiece for a minimal interface. Taking it a step further, the idea of being able to take a different phone out for a different occasion is an interesting idea. If maybe you could take a more rugged/basic version of your phone out to the gym (think ipod nano), but then switch it back to your full featured touch device for work/normal use...
    +1

HP has repeatedly said they'll release multiple devices. One that is small would make alot of sense - it would have fewer rivals, appeal to certain demographics, and may be better working with a tablet. Why have a 4 inch phone if you are also carrying around a 10 inch tablet?

When Palm came out with the Centro, most of us Pre users thought it was insane, yet it turned out to be a cash cow for Palm, their last one...

Personally, I like the sliders, but to each their own.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Having had the Pre for awhile forced me to swear off phones with moving parts!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
    +1

HP has repeatedly said they'll release multiple devices. One that is small would make alot of sense - it would have fewer rivals, appeal to certain demographics, and may be better working with a tablet. Why have a 4 inch phone if you are also carrying around a 10 inch tablet?

When Palm came out with the Centro, most of us Pre users thought it was insane, yet it turned out to be a cash cow for Palm, their last one...

Personally, I like the sliders, but to each their own.
    you really had the visor handspring phone?
    remember when you bought it? i think we are one of the first smartphone users in the world!
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    I switched from the Pre to the Pixi and I am actually quite happy. A svelte phone is honestly very nice. i do forsee issues with using a tiny onscreen keyboard tho
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    Oh, then it would work great with VOICE COMMANDS. *crossing fingers*
    I love inside sources.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Hope it comes with the optional clip on magnifying glass so a normal person will be able to see it the screen and keys
    pictures?
    <This Page is Blank>
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Did you guys already forget that HP already promised they'll release more than one device (I heard 5 or 6) this year? That's HP, not PALM. Remember, PALM doesn't exist anymore.

Alarmists never cease to amaze...
    If Palm didn't exist I would be without a job.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    If Palm didn't exist I would be without a job.
    Ok, so the rebranding still isn't complete. Still didn't see any mention of Palm on that HP invite. webOS, yes, but no Palm...
    Remember that blacked-out tiny device on Phil McKinney's wrist? Hmmm....
    i love how this rumor just randomly comes out the day of the verizon iphone lol..it must have facetime also.
    Most mom's I know drive something like a van (family taxi) or a truck. Why come out with some frilly (girly?) phone when that doesn't seem to be what most families need?
    <This Page is Blank>
    Im sure they have multiple phones in the works but the big questions are what will be announced on feb 9 and what will be available when. tI would not surprise me if they came out with the super small phone right now that is designed to pair-up with their tablets somehow doing the cloud thingy. That would be something new and different that would set them apart from the mass of slabs that have just been announced.

Rumors are rumors but at least one said that there would be three tablets introduced and there are only 4 new codenames we know of right now if I remember correctly. Plus we all know that HP is more excited about the tablets and toasters than the phones.

So a new tablets and os and super-small phone that works on its own but really shines when hooked up to a tablet would not surprise me for now, then at some point in the summer more form factors start to come out.
    Quote Originally Posted by preoccupied View Post
    I spoke with an insider yesterday who has SEEN the next Palm device. It will be super small, as in super way small, much smaller than the Pixi. The idea is you can bring it out on your glam evening out, when you don't want to carry something bigger...
    I don't doubt your information, but I do doubt that a super small phone is going to be their only new offering.
    Quote Originally Posted by poppeye View Post
    With all the bluetooth accessories and auxiliary devices out there i can almost imagine a base phone sans speaker/earpiece for a minimal interface. Taking it a step further, the idea of being able to take a different phone out for a different occasion is an interesting idea. If maybe you could take a more rugged/basic version of your phone out to the gym (think ipod nano), but then switch it back to your full featured touch device for work/normal use...
    That's essentially what my opinion piece the other day suggested. {Jonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
    if this holds true. And they don't also announce a phone on feb9th with a screen that's at least as big as the pre's then I can see palm being the laughing stock of the mobile world.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast