1.    #1  
    so with the nice read on our parents main page, what does everyone think about whats going on at HP? Are we up for a treat Feb 9th, revealing not just a tablet, and small pixi type phone, but maybe some 4G phones like the one rumored to launch on sprint this summer? Atleast this looks like things are in works, and are working in the favor of smartphones for webos, I guess we all can stay tuned.
    4G device announcements would be good form on HP's part. After all the 4G folderol at CES this year, HP portfolio would look pretty weak if it didn't have more than a couple of 4G devices in it.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    4G device announcements would be good form on HP's part. After all the 4G folderol at CES this year, HP portfolio would look pretty weak if it didn't have more than a couple of 4G devices in it.
    +1 hopefully they have a 4G super device ready for VZ and Sprint no later then this summer if they intend on being competitive IMO.
    I agree with ya Kupe... I think at this point in the game, with all of the $$ Sprint (and Vzw) has put into expanding their 4G service, they would nearly require some support from the device manufacturers. It's good for everyone moving forward to get phones out that support the infrastructure. I'd be really surprised to not see most phones coming with 4G very soon.
    Is anyone really surprised by this? I'm not. Jon Ruby said in the interview at All Things D Mobile weeks back that he was excited that the company is working on LTE & WIMAX devices.

They'll likely announce a LTE device(s) for Verizon on Feb 9 & they'll prolly announce for Sprint that day as well. I'm sure they're working on a LTE device for AT&T as well. So no it doesn't surprise me. Plus that is where the world is going.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    I'm still wondering why the report of this on engadget says, "It's not a forthcoming Palm LTE phone for Verizon..." Palm Voice Test portal foreshadows Verizon's LTE voice plans, quasi-affirms new pricing -- Engadget How do they know there isn't a Palm LTE phone in the works? If not a Palm phone, why would they have started with the Pre+ product page as a base?
    WiMax was never mentioned actually, it was LTE and HSPA+. It may have been accidentally skipped over, or a specific omission. I hope that Sprint gets a 4G device but if not I am willing to jump ship to have a 4G palm device.
    Did you know I can also annoy you on twitter? @mikevember
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    I think Sprint is looking to 4G to move its subscriber base into more expensive plans.
    All of the carriers are looking to do that. 4G is a money grab & big V has hinted at this in investor meetings.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevember View Post
    WiMax was never mentioned actually, it was LTE and HSPA+. It may have been accidentally skipped over, or a specific omission. I hope that Sprint gets a 4G device but if not I am willing to jump ship to have a 4G palm device.
    Ok. But I don't get the line of thinking that is so prevalent on this forum. That is, if a specific carrier isn't mentioned in a rumor or leaks, then then everyone starts panicking that their favorite carrier isn't going to get a device.

There hasn't been one peek out of the HP camp or from the carriers as to if they will or won't carry HP phones & tabs. I suspect that the top three carriers in this country will carry HP devices.
    I'd bet that mobilecrunch got it right:

From Palm Crackin’ Away At A 4G LTE Device For Verizon?

Here’s what likely happened, according to our source: Right now, Verizon’s busy testing as many devices on their new LTE network as they can. Before testing a device, they add it to the database (or, as in this case, copy a similar device’s database profile to act as a placeholder) so that it shows up in the intranet, allowing them to more easily record and share tests. There are two checkboxes to click when adding a new device: one that keeps it off the customer-facing-site, and one that keeps it off any sub-domains (that way they’re able to fine tune the device’s page on the hidden sub-domains before pushing it public.) Verizon tester clones a few Palm device profiles to act as a shell for this new device, botches a few checkboxes, and bam — it’s on the subdomain.

Now, as for the name: based on what our source is telling us, it seems unlikely that the device’s name is the “Palm Voice”. Rather, the testers involved were primarily testing this new device’s voice (read: calling) performance over 3G (“Palm Voice Test”) and over LTE (“Palm LTE Voice”).
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    Ok. But I don't get the line of thinking that is so prevalent on this forum. That is, if a specific carrier isn't mentioned in a rumor or leaks, then then everyone starts panicking that their favorite carrier isn't going to get a device.

There hasn't been one peek out of the HP camp or from the carriers as to if they will or won't carry HP phones & tabs. I suspect that the top three carriers in this country will carry HP devices.
    I personally do not have a favorite carrier. I want a 4G webOS enabled device. I wont panic, I will jump to whoever has the 4G device that I want.
    Did you know I can also annoy you on twitter? @mikevember