1.    #1  
    Hey there,

i am recently using the webOS musicplayer app to hear some music and i am not statisfied.

I am listening to iTunes m4a files on a Pixi Plus with the build in app and the custom earphones.
    Whats bugging me is,...

1. the hole system seems to slow down when playing (is the player really using this much ram?)

2. i can hear gaps/break. It is like the player needs to process something or to buffer up something and than there is a little break (under 0.1sec) and the music continues.

3. i have tested the consumption with only music. It seems the player is consuming x% for 0.x h of playtime. 30mins = 5%

I am asking myself if there is a nativ file type which the player is better a handeling. Should i converte them into .mp3 files? They all have a cover-picture included into the id3 tags, should i remove them? Is the hombrew musicplayer faster/ less battery consuming?
    I never had those problems when I used my Pre, but then again, I never used the stock music player. I always used the music player remix from Preware, so you may want to try that.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by DirkGently View Post
    3. i have tested the consumption with only music. It seems the player is consuming x% for 0.x h of playtime. 30mins = 5%
    5% of what?
    5% of a new mugen 1400 = 70mA
    or
    5% of a 1 year old palm battery (e.g. 700mAh) = 35mA?
  4.    #4  
    5% of a 3 days old stock battery
    I'd suggest giving Music layer Remix a try, it is much better than the stock app.

But remember, when you are using something like that, more battery drain is normal and will happen on any phone.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!