Page 8 of 48 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 960
  1. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    #141  
    Maybe, but it makes more sense that they've already been testing these devices, meaning they're likely in the final phases and could be ready to ship my March or April.
    Or they blew their CES deadlines or they had a rough idea of what the competition were showing and knew that it has an inferior product and are rushing to make it more competitive by the 9th?
  2. #142  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
    Would have played better if you said June 2011....string you along and all that.
    Lol probably

    Quote Originally Posted by RacingInIowa.com View Post
    I think they are doing this in Feb because they didn't have anything
    ready for CES in Jan!

    They needed another month to have something solid to show off!

    If this is the case the release date can't be any time soon!
    Thats probably the case but it is a major disappointment. Would have been better to show us something at CES and announce the HP WebOS Conference then. That way we have something to talk about. Surely they have something to show us.
  3. #143  
    Quote Originally Posted by alvaro_qc View Post
    I hope my Pre doesn't die before the event, and with die I really mean die (95% of the touchscreen doesn't work, there's a few oreo, there's a USB crack, it is stuck on headset mode, battery acts weird and lasts a few, it sometimes turns off when I close the slider, ghosts touchs when the battery is almost at 0%, but I still can make calls with my handsfree)
    wow surprised you're still using it. there are ways to fix the headset stuck issue, search it up, I've had to use it once and it worked for me. You have a loose battery if your phone is randomly shutting off when you close the slider. Just got my 4th Pre and experienced the same thing. Put a little piece of folded paper on the top right hand side of your battery and that should fix the issue. Haven't had a problem since. And now back to our main programming.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  4. #144  
    Ahhhhhhh another lube job for CES... just to get lubed again in Feb that phones will be coming out in 'In the coming months' March to June? we won't see phones for 3 to 6 months...

    BUT HP better at least have a 'no-touch' demo of a few phones and a LIMITED sneak peek of something... this is starting to stink.
  5. #145  
    I hope not...
    must be available in Feb ....or I m going to Android...sooo bored of iOS...

    my Palm Pre plus was sold for the tiny keyboard i just want a full touch webos device...

    and I m using AGAIN an iPhone 4 and I m bored to death...
  6. #146  
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    Ahhhhhhh another lube job for CES... just to get lubed again in Feb that phones will be coming out in 'In the coming months' March to June? we won't see phones for 3 to 6 months...

    BUT HP better at least have a 'no-touch' demo of a few phones and a LIMITED sneak peek of something... this is starting to stink.
    Thats exactly what is going to happen and I do not know why you are so surprised by it. Even if they showed stuff at CES the products still would not be ready until they are ready. I think we all remember Palm 2009 at CES (which I think we all agree was a big mistake) when they did not release the Pre until June. A better model is the EVO which I believe was announced in April and released in June. I am guessing that we can hope for the same thing here with a Feb announcement and Phones Marchish to avoid iPhone competition.

    I feel that the tablets are going to be the first thing out the gate, but i do not see them wanting to fight the iPad head on so who knows whats going to happen there.

    The only surprising thing about all of this is that the pre2 was not released on Verizon sooner and that webOS 2.0 has not been released to the masses yet. I was sure when SFR got 2.0 we would be right behind, but i guess putting it on legacy hardware was not plug and play.
  7. #147  
    sure hope they bundle (give) webos phones with future purchases of enterprise hardware by corporate clients.

    push that market share!
  8. #148  
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan078 View Post
    I was sure when SFR got 2.0 we would be right behind, but i guess putting it on legacy hardware was not plug and play.
    If you look at past history with release dates of webOS updates.....not once did every single carrier get the new update at the same time. Wasn't Verizon months behind the rest of us?
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  9. #149  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    If you look at past history with release dates of webOS updates.....not once did every single carrier get the new update at the same time. Wasn't Verizon months behind the rest of us?
    Right behind was a poor term. I rock a pre minus so i am used to being first! I truly expected it to happen before the new year(at least for sprint), but I never expected the Pre 2 webOS 2.0 SFR loophole.
  10. #150  
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    Maybe, but it makes more sense that they've already been testing these devices, meaning they're likely in the final phases and could be ready to ship my March or April. There have been hints of that.

    What is more likely is that any announcements by HP at CES would have gotten lost in all the noise surrounding Android tablets, Android LTE phones for Verizon and other gadgety stuff at CES.

    HP was smart in not holding the announcement two weeks after CES bc that is when Apple will likely hold their ipad 2/Iphone on V announcement.

    Early Feb allows HP to escape all of the tech news from Jan and have a captive audience of tech journalists.

    uh...MWC - which is a phone-centric event - is three days later and there will certainly be leaks before then. Meanwhile, all of the non-iPad tablet competition will have announced at CES and some might be close to shipping already. I applaud the headline event, but the timing isn't optimal by a long shot.
  11. #151  
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    I guess Microsoft doesn't agree because they give the CES keynote tonight. Also, one month after CES is about as long as you can give yourself to put the event together. This gives me the impression that they mostly don't have things ready yet. We'll know if we see leaks over the next month.
    Microsoft is on every event out there, but they introduce their product lines on them? They're introducing Windows Phone at CES? They launched any version of Windows at CES?

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Newness Developments apps:

  12. #152  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    uh...MWC - which is a phone-centric event - is three days later and there will certainly be leaks before then. Meanwhile, all of the non-iPad tablet competition will have announced at CES and some might be close to shipping already. I applaud the headline event, but the timing isn't optimal by a long shot.
    And the optimal timing is?

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Newness Developments apps:

  13. #153  
    the agenda shows the topic for Ballmer's speech. It isn't about smartphones. I'm sure he will try to stick a few plugs in there, but that isn't his topic.

    and, he speaks there every year. But I can't recall MS ever announcing anything at CES.
  14. krische's Avatar
    Posts
    421 Posts
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    #154  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    the agenda shows the topic for Ballmer's speech. It isn't about smartphones. I'm sure he will try to stick a few plugs in there, but that isn't his topic.

    and, he speaks there every year. But I can't recall MS ever announcing anything at CES.
    Yeah I think last year their biggest announcement last year was the new version of their IPTV service, Mediaroom.
  15. #155  
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    And the optimal timing is?

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Months ago. Barring that, shortly after CES and well before MWC. But I would agree with Untidy Guy that if they are putting out the announcement that far, they are probably running behind already.
  16. #156  
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Also remember that we are waiting until Feb 9 to see what carrier these new devices will be offered on. My guess is that carriers will want an exclusive, again, if they are to introduce a new HP smartphone and tablet. There are plenty of smartphones and tablets to choose from. I think they will look at the success of the Droid brand for Verizon and look to do their own customization and branding.
    Agreed, but hopefully HP has the scale to do exclusive devices for multiple carriers like Samsung. I think a 2 device a month rumor was thrown around somewhere and would make sense.
    Last edited by Titan078; 01/05/2011 at 11:11 AM.
  17. TomD's Avatar
    Posts
    908 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    #157  
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Hmm...it seems like, at least for webOS fans, CES is over before it started.
    Not at all! I'm going to wangle an invite to Fort Mason Center!

    Besides I need to munch on free Palm goodies. It's the food of tech Palm health.

    Also I need to meet up with the webOS faithful.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
  18. #158  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Months ago. Barring that, shortly after CES and well before MWC. But I would agree with Untidy Guy that if they are putting out the announcement that far, they are probably running behind already.
    Twelve at least. But hey, they need to produce devices. If they release things on March, HP has done a great job, being how the OS is right now.

    Saying that... I'll love to see the MWC developer conference post webOS event.

    Apple is going to do something right after CES. Do you really think is a great idea to do the same thing at the same time? If not, when? After MWC? No way, that's later... How many weeks have a month?
    Newness Developments apps:

  19. #159  
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    Twelve at least. But hey, they need to produce devices. If they release things on March, HP has done a great job, being how the OS is right now.

    Saying that... I'll love to see the MWC developer conference post webOS event.

    Apple is going to do something right after CES. Do you really think is a great idea to do the same thing at the same time? If not, when? After MWC? No way, that's later... How many weeks have a month?
    Apple hasn't officially announced anything, but if you're going to live in fear of what Apple might do, why compete in the US consumer electronics industry? Verizon and ATT are outlying their plans for most of the year at CES, and HP isn't a part of them.

    I'm not sure waiting until February 9 to remind people they're in the game is such a good idea. That gives consumers lots of time to fall in love with and get acquainted with a Samsung Infuse 4G or Motorola Atrix 4G.
  20. #160  
    Hmmmm......


    "The second tablet features LTE, but AT&T was reluctant to share more specifics."

    First HSPA+ and LTE tablets coming to AT&T in the second half of 2011, Motorola included -- Engadget
Page 8 of 48 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions