Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    Very excited for this date. I just want webOS 2.0 or 2.0.1 or whatever it is to be released now.. if they release that in the next week or 2 and I can run it on my Sprint Pre Plus, I'll be able to shutup until the new hardware comes out.. Please Palm! Give us webOS 2.0 now.. waiting until March is just absured!
    Good move HP/Palm.

Wait until everyone forgets what was revealed at CES and then hold you own and watch everyone go "HOLY CRAP! THAT'S AWESOME"

Don't share the spotlight, have it all to yourself. =)
    1 Gen iPhone > 2 Gen iPhone > Droid Eris > Palm Pixi Plus.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmmahoney View Post
    Good move HP/Palm.

Wait until everyone forgets what was revealed at CES and then hold you own and watch everyone go "HOLY CRAP! THAT'S AWESOME"

Don't share the spotlight, have it all to yourself. =)
    It's a risky gamble though. For this to work, HP has to show a slew of products that are significantly better than the things that will be demoed and announced at CES.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ctbeiser View Post
    Alright, here's my ridiculously lengthy 0.02.
    First off, the date:
    Someone will actually read this entire post.

didn't get through the first paragraph... such that it was...
    OK, time to focus on the topic. The negative rhetoric is certainly getting repetitive, so perhaps the discussion can focus on the upcoming announcement. If it continues to drift further toward a "less filling - tastes great" thing, we have a thread we can merge this with.

Thanks!
  6.    #126  
    <<thread cleaned>>

As cantaffordit said - Please stay on-topic folks. Thanks
    Global Posts
    909 Global Posts
    this will be the date they actually announce the devices... And that they will be "available in the coming months".
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumbochief View Post
    Snip...

Regarding the 5MP camera, this is why I have a $1500 SLR. snip...
    Damn, your SLR is only $1500? You skimped, must be BB of Fry's special. My 14 year old nephew just brought 1800 SLR. You might as well use your PRE.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    didn't get through the first paragraph... such that it was...
    In very, very short: They picked a very good date, they're probably releasing two phones, a tablet, maybe a printer, letting out webos 2.0, and announcing the next version. And maybe a toaster.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ctbeiser View Post
    In very, very short: They picked a very good date, they're probably releasing two phones, a tablet, maybe a printer, letting out webos 2.0, and announcing the next version. And maybe a toaster.
    Oh, in that case... I think you are pretty much "spot-on".

Actually, I did read the whole thing, but I was too tired after doing so to reply. ;-)

Yeah, HP is following the Apple playbook by having an exclusive event. ...and these phones are going to be awesome.
    i want to attend this event. i live 2 hours from SF is it only media thats invited or can anyone purchase tickets? i emailed thinkbeyond@webosevent(DOT)com i wonder if i will get a reply. by the way webosevent(DOT)com takes you to this title page
    if I had my choice it would be controlled leaks for the die hards, and the fun of February for the mainstream.
    Did you know I can also annoy you on twitter? @mikevember
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    This is going to be bigger than anything they could have done at CES. Just wait...
    i know what the announcement is. that they are going to have a special new york show in june 2012 ...
    I'm excited that we have something to aim for, something to talk about that isn't pure speculation. Here's to hoping for great news.
    +1
    I hope my Pre doesn't die before the event, and with die I really mean die (95% of the touchscreen doesn't work, there's a few oreo, there's a USB crack, it is stuck on headset mode, battery acts weird and lasts a few, it sometimes turns off when I close the slider, ghosts touchs when the battery is almost at 0%, but I still can make calls with my handsfree)
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    i know what the announcement is. that they are going to have a special new york show in june 2012 ...
    Would have played better if you said June 2011....string you along and all that.
    Apps:

Turn the Dial Radio Directory (Phones)
    8-bit Miner (TouchPad)
    Turn the Dial Digital Edition (TouchPad)
    I think they are doing this in Feb because they didn't have anything
    ready for CES in Jan!

They needed another month to have something solid to show off!

If this is the case the release date can't be any time soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingInIowa.com View Post
    ready for CES in Jan!

Maybe they are doing this in February because it's the largest technology company in the world and they don't need the CES to get the media attention...
    Newness Developments apps:

Quote Originally Posted by RacingInIowa.com View Post
    ready for CES in Jan!

Maybe, but it makes more sense that they've already been testing these devices, meaning they're likely in the final phases and could be ready to ship my March or April. There have been hints of that.

What is more likely is that any announcements by HP at CES would have gotten lost in all the noise surrounding Android tablets, Android LTE phones for Verizon and other gadgety stuff at CES.

HP was smart in not holding the announcement two weeks after CES bc that is when Apple will likely hold their ipad 2/Iphone on V announcement.

Early Feb allows HP to escape all of the tech news from Jan and have a captive audience of tech journalists.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast