Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    Why wait? HP has already shown us what they can do in regards to innovation and release: Slate 500.
    last time I checked that was for business and it sold more then expected? our company even uses them. Innovation in regards to smartphones, and tablets will also be assited by Palms team, and even steve jobs stated a dozen times they do a damn good job of that, and if you talk about what HP cant do in regards to anything, maybe you should take a look at their finacial and sales sheet, I gurrantee it will outshine what Google has had from now through the last decade.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    great. Wait a year to be told another month to get told wait another 2-8 months. You guys can put all the positive spin on it you want but this sucks and is not good news anymore.
    it is hard to wait, I agree but would you rather them rush whatever they have now to the market, and reap more bashing then palm did when they released the palm as a unfinished product? I would hope not.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by saluki42 View Post
    Check out the facility!

Herbst Pavilion
    That place is HUGE! I'm guessing their expecting quite a crowd for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    Meh. I figure that was just the Pre2 of tablets...something in the works before the Palm buyout that they had to follow through on to get rid of some surplus hardware.
    I don't get your point. HP had plenty of time to work on the Slate. They had more experience making Windows based tablets than anyone. They were considered to be the biggest tech company at the time. The only difference between then and now is that they own what's left of Palm. There is no reason the Slate shouldn't be the best of breed for the time it was released. If HP has the chops now, they should have had it then.

Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    If you like how apple takes charge, leads, innovate, etc, then I believe one can expect the same from HP moving forward.
    HP is not Apple. It was never Apple. It will never be Apple. HP couldn't innovate themselves out of a wet paper bag. What makes you think they are about to start now? The best notebook design they offer is a straight-up KIRF of a MBP, appropriately named, ENVY. Now, all of a sudden, we are supposed to believe that this is the "coming to Jesus" moment for HP, and we can now expect Apple-esque innovation? I don't think so.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    great. Wait a year to be told another month to get told wait another 2-8 months. You guys can put all the positive spin on it you want but this sucks and is not good news anymore.
    Were you really expecting new hardware to be released at CES?
    im not thrilled about waiting until feb for an announcement. for all we know this may not even be phones they are announcing. whatever is coming probably won't be able to be purchased until the summer sometime. ill hold onto my evo until then.
    I hope it isn't overshadowed by an Apple iPad event.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Were you really expecting new hardware to be released at CES?
    I def wasent, im sure HP wants not only to help Palm finish a optimized version of Webos (the reason why even now the delays for 2.0 or whatever comes), and very very great state of the art hardware. If they would have rushed something out last christmas I would have been mad concerned really.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    Apple will probably have it the same day, just to be a ******.
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    I dont think it will, I also wounder if Palm had the resources and money to release what is the Pre 2 now back on 06/09 with a complete webos 1.4.5 it would have really hurt iphones 3Gs launch, and Palm would prob still be a single entity right now. This time around even if they launch devices around the iphone 5, Hp has the resources to not only match whatever technology Apple has, but even surpass it. If HP drops the ball, it will be because they were doin a half *** job, not like Palm in the past of not having the resources to compete.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    or a Verizon iPhone event. You have to wonder who the carrier for these phones will be. The idea of "all carriers" is probably unrealistic. Carriers seem to be pretty selective these days (ahem, Pre 2). I'm guessing AT&T. They'll take anything that might make up for the loss of iPhone exclusivity.
    I would guess Sprint, Verizon, and AT&T. T-mobile hasn't gotten any webos phones ever. Internationally, SFR of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    or a Verizon iPhone event. You have to wonder who the carrier for these phones will be. The idea of "all carriers" is probably unrealistic. Carriers seem to be pretty selective these days (ahem, Pre 2). I'm guessing AT&T. They'll take anything that might make up for the loss of iPhone exclusivity.
    I dont think its unrelealistic, and even now we dont even know if HP offered the Pre 2 to Sprint all were just rumors. As so is what they state now as the Pre 2 to be sold only for 2 months on verizon, before they release their own brand of webos phones. Have you used a HP product before, if so you would know the products they produce are state of the art, hmm the reason why they make so much money huh. So if a plastic galaxy S can be put on every carrier best believe if HP intends on doing so it will happen. Again this isnt little ole Palm we are talking about anymore so think bigger and out of the box from now on.
    It'll be interesting to see if they can get dev support for both phones and pad. I know Enyo is supposed to help with this, but I'm concerned. I have never been a huge app fan (I have what I need) until we got my dad an iPad for Christmas. The quality of the iPad apps blew me away. The NHL Center Ice app that gives hd live games with all stats was incredible. Being able to play ESPN videos on the top of the app while reading below it as opposed to opening a new screen was great.

I love webOS and I hope this announcement and its devices drive the popularity of the OS both with customers and developers.
    I still find it hard to believe that Palm has a conference room booked at CES to show nothing. I wouldn't be surprised if they showed a Pixi 2 with some other news thrown in, then the Feb 9 announcement had the big guns. Either way, we have a drop dead date now, and know they will announce something then.

For those thinking they will be forever to get new phones out, remember that they have stated a new phone every 2 months this year. Pretty hard to do that if you are sitting out the first 6 months of the year. I'm betting on an early March availability date of something from the Feb 9 event. Then we should start seeing these things popping out every couple of months through the end of the year. Whether or not Sprint has to wait until June for something is an entirely different situation. Being on Verizon, it's not one I have to deal with.
    webOS on Treo?
    Quote Originally Posted by falconrap View Post
    I still find it hard to believe that Palm has a conference room booked at CES to show nothing. I wouldn't be surprised if they showed a Pixi 2 with some other news thrown in, then the Feb 9 announcement had the big guns. Either way, we have a drop dead date now, and know they will announce something then.
    They will use that primarily for hosting private briefings for clients and partners. And, they announced a new notebooks and desktops today. Not announcing phones isn't the same and not announcing anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    They will use that primarily for hosting private briefings for clients and partners. And, they announced a new notebooks and desktops today. Not announcing phones isn't the same and not announcing anything.
    +1 now Palm is under HP we all know they have alot of products to showcase a year.
    I personally cant wait for CES and now I totally cant wait for Fed 9, I read somewhere that any new phone from Palm will be coming out in June 12, or around that day. Hope it is a 4.3 inch screen with dual cpu. With that size screen dont need hard keyboard. Do you think that the new phones be out with 2.5 webOS or 3.0? Or is HP going to follow Apple way with doing major updates once a year. Cause if you look at Android they are already working on Honeycomb but Gingerbread not out yet and not all phones have Froyo. I swear I cant keep up with all these update from Android.

What you guys think which way is better? Frequent updates or yearly updates. I am already camping out by the local Sprint store. :-)
    If the hardware holds up, I tend to keep my phones for years. I want regular updates to the software, but a quality phone should last well beyond the contract renewal date.
    But Palm is listed as an entity holding that room. Why even list Palm if 1) they have nothing to show or say, and 2) the name is supposedly going bye-bye? Seems like a waste of money and resources to have anyone from Palm there unless there was something to show or say.

Like I said, I still find it hard to believe. It may be true, but still seems like a waste.
Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast