Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38434445464748
    talk it the palm name is dead now?
    I'm not impressed with the new phones either. Tablet looks cool but the phones don't seem to excite me that much.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    I like the Pre 3 but not available until summer!!! 1.4GHz processor, 3.6 in
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Event seems to mainly be about TouchPad & webOS 2.1 and how all devices are interconnected
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    TouchPad not available until summer either
    Quote Originally Posted by garnetlove View Post
    Yeah, but we knew that....
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    Looks like the Palm name is history....
    PALM IS DEAD! LONG LIVE HP!

BTW - the pre 3 IS a superphone. 1.4 g snapdragon, 3.6" screen AND two cameras 5 mp and a front facing for video chat.

All the apps that were missing too... most anyway.
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    3.6". 1.4 single core come summer surrounded by 1.2 dual cores with 4" screens more on board memory and a card slot. Palm failed almost as much as Sprint did on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by e-gadget-guy View Post
    PALM IS DEAD! LONG LIVE HP!

BTW - the pre 3 IS a superphone. 1.4 g snapdragon, 3.6" screen AND two cameras 5 mp and a front facing for video chat.

All the apps that were missing too... most anyway.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    3.6". 1.4 single core come summer surrounded by 1.2 dual cores with 4" screens more on board memory and a card slot. Palm failed almost as much as Sprint did on Monday.
    pre 3 is coming spring. NOT summer
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Part of me is really annoyed at the summer date.

Part of me figures that works because my Sprint plan runs out in June
    Come on guys, if you want a 4" screen, how the hell can they fit in a portrait sliding keyboard? And I think they'll abandon a lot of their current customers if they drop the physical keyboard.
    Based on the liveblog...it all went downhill after the tablet intro, climaxing with a corny horrific song ending.

They're trying to give Sprint a run for their money...where's Blaine?
    Oooo...a month sooner. You know spring won't mean april 1. Eveyone else is shoing dual core 4" screens with card slots and on board memory. This is inline with today's specs and a slight bump up over the processor in the droid 2. Not impressed.

And the dell venue pro is a 4" slider. And why did they have to stick to the portrait slider format? For both phones? Sorry, this is midrange at best and at least on sprint, 3g only phones will continue to decline as everyone will want to see some value for their extra $10/mo. And 4g is everywhere now be it wmax, lte or hspa+. Their premier phone has neither of the 1st two. Just not impressed any which way I look at it. Like Sprint's lackluster performance on Monday, HP did not live up to the hype they created. And thy had the nerve to call engadget out so to speak. Lame.
    Quote Originally Posted by e-gadget-guy View Post
    pre 3 is coming spring. NOT summer
    The three things I most wanted from today, and did not get:

1) Announce when existing devices get 2.1

2) Announce RELEASE dates for new devices

3) Announce CARRIERS for new devices
    So you got the big bagel....
    Just heard a news peice on the radio about HP's big announcement.

The newsman said " HP announced today 3 new products coming out the will run on the PALM OS...."

Even the media don't really care!
    Well, this may be it. I was planning on sticking with my Sprint Pre for the duration of my contract (until late October), but now I'm seriously reconsidering.

The marketing-esqe vague release dates are really disturbing. You have to follow the hype of a release with the immediate availability to catch impulse buyers! This is why Apple has done so well since its introduction of the iPod. To do so otherwise causes memory to fade and competition to catch up, which looses customers.

I'm all for strengthening the webOS platform. Spreading it to multiple devices across multiple interfaces draws in customers and keeps them in the ecosystem. Showing devices we can't purchase, with promises of availability and afterthought hints of further integration just puts off potential converts.

I've been happy with the Pre, but I wanted more in the form of webOS 2.0. With HP not giving us an update on existing devices and promising future devices several months away on carriers unknown, I have to reevaluate my loyalty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
    Agreed. I love my Pre, love WebOS...but it is slowing down a bit too much for me to hold out until Summer. I'm seriously considering just sticking it out though, I'm THAT dedicated to it.
    my pre wont hold out till summer. another cracked usb door, power button dying smh. I'm not getting another refurb. Hpalm really ****ed me off today. I would've stuck it out longer if i was getting a fully functional 2.0 on my craptastic pre minus.
  19.    #960  
    <unstuck>
Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38434445464748