Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst ... 313637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
    Allthingsd which has been not shy to post negative articles on Palm in the past, seems to be hopeful even as they acknowledge the unknown future (see below). I think this is a more skillful way to present the issues than the Barron's writer, I am surprised his presentation was so one-sided.

HP’s WebOS App Ecosystem is “Uncertain,” and That’s a Good Thing | John Paczkowski | Digital Daily | AllThingsD
    This will be our first look at HP’s new ecosystem–smartphones, connected devices, apps and the OS that ties them all together–and likely be the beginning of a slow untethering from Microsoft’s Windows OS. And if Palm has done it right, webOS could finally become a viable challenger to iOS and Android–particularly the latter, which has had a mixed reception in the tablet market. But that means coming to market with not just a compelling tablet OS and hardware, but a burgeoning applications and content ecosystem–something not easily achieved...The caveat here, is that HP’s new tablet (or tablets) presents developers with an enormous opportunity precisely because its app ecosystem is uncertain. It’s going to be a lot easier to score a hit...
    23h 40m and we will have more than uninformed supposition.
    HP is proud of webOS so they'll hang on to it as long as they can...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    <<thread merged>>
    Quote Originally Posted by FliedLice View Post
    I hope by 'shortly after' they mean, by the time I get off work.
    I'm just going to be watching the liveblogs all day, figure between PreCentral, WebOS Roundup and Engadget they should get enough detail up while we wait for the videos.
    HP said 6000 apps. How many official apps are there now? I read somewhere that HP employees developed 500 apps, have we seen any of these?
    so will i haha i cant wait im sooooooooooooo excited.
    Quote Originally Posted by whodo_voodoo View Post
    I'm just going to be watching the liveblogs all day, figure between PreCentral, WebOS Roundup and Engadget they should get enough detail up while we wait for the videos.
    Same here. Won't be getting much work done on Weds, but I would have liked to have the day off so I can watch it live. Just doesn't have as much meaning when you're reading constant gasps and misspells because they're trying to type as fast as possible.
    After what went down with Sprint today I'm not gonna' even think about it until I get off work...
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Whos going to have a live stream for the event? Id like to watch.
    I'm going to be paying more attention to my phone then my teacher in class on Feb 9th
    Quote Originally Posted by remmy123 View Post
    I sure hope sprintv does!

Palm prē-ist.
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    So how long before we NEED tablets

Wednesday February 9th, 2011 is when we'll start to feel the NEED for tablets!
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Is this also the break with the Palm branding? Is Palm going away for good on the 9th?
    Not sure if anybody noticed (or anybody cares anymore), but the official facebook page for webOS is now HP webOS....so that would seem to indicate "Palm" is bye-bye...at least on the software front.
    World's smallest smartphone could simply mean that it's smaller than say the iphone 4. Stop thinking the actual diameter of the device. Maybe we should try thinking its thinner and lighter than anything currently out. HP using the word 'smallest' could be a clever way of misdirection.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I hope they put one of these new Texas Instrument Omap 5's In whatever they are gonna show us!

Texas Instrument takes lid off of OMAP 5 platform | BGR | Boy Genius Report
    Quote Originally Posted by djprelude View Post
    I hope they put one of these new Texas Instrument Omap 5's In whatever they are gonna show us!

Texas Instrument takes lid off of OMAP 5 platform | BGR | Boy Genius Report
    Highly unlikly.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    Highly unlikly.
    hey i can dream cant I

how awesome would that be lol
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    I have really been impressed with the secrecy HP has kept on this release. I doubted their ability to keep everyone quiet for so long
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by remmy123 View Post
    same here, does anyone have a link?