Page 40 of 48 FirstFirst ... 303536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    I'm glad HP is hyping this event and webOS in general. I'm thinking that the first thing that will be released after the event will be the 10" tablet by the end of the month. Next will be two smart phones; the "teen phone", and the slider that is teased in the launcher page video. Those will be released in March sometime. I thing those will be the only concrete devices after this event, but they will say something like- "Many more devices will be coming soon. We will be announcing 5-7 devices at all next webOS event on March 14th."

If that is what HP gives us for this event, I will be happy. I'm not in a hurry to switch phones right now and I think those devices would give the public/community enough excitement that people would want a webOS device.
    Quote Originally Posted by tr47 View Post
    Funny is that there are like thousands of people (management in hp/palm,engineers,developers,even those operators in factories or photographer and graphic who prepared stuff for their ads) who knows exactly whats coming but nobody says anything
    I bet precentral staff know and are bursting at the seams to tell us. They have only been reporting on Pre2 recently which has been out already and they've been filling space with a rehash of Pre tips.
    Looks like we will be seeing all the new palm phones in 2 days i cant wait maybe i will just upgrade :O
    will there be a live stream?
    I am sure there will be a live stream. If not, liveblogs.
    I think they will be i will be looking all day to find one and ill post it here if i find one.
    Is it just me or is there a difference between the countdown on the homepage and the "super device countdown" app?

I'm seeing a 2 hour difference. The countdown app puts me at 1:00 PM EST on the 9th. The P|C countdown puts me at 3:00 EST on the 9th.
    Quote Originally Posted by runsweetlew View Post
    Is it just me or is there a difference between the countdown on the homepage and the "super device countdown" app?

I'm seeing a 2 hour difference. The countdown app puts me at 1:00 PM EST on the 9th. The P|C countdown puts me at 3:00 EST on the 9th.
    You are right, the two counters are different. But the correct one would be the "Super Device Countdown" app as the event starts at 1pm EST.
    Quote Originally Posted by divinevox View Post
    I am sure there will be a live stream. If not, liveblogs.
    No livestream according to the Palm Facebook people, though they said the videos should go up not long after the event.
    I can hardly wait!

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    I'm trying to be as apathetic as possible so when the event comes I'm blown away.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by whodo_voodoo View Post
    No livestream according to the Palm Facebook people, though they said the videos should go up not long after the event.
    I hope by 'shortly after' they mean, by the time I get off work.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    I'm trying to be as apathetic as possible so when the event comes I'm blown away.
    Yeah me too, palm pixi 2, and an hp slate with webos on it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    I hate it when tech blogs report what analysts say. Analyst are no more informed than the average consumer.
    Quote Originally Posted by protofa View Post
    Yeah.. Tom couldn't guide himself to the bathroom

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    lame
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I don't see this at all. They seem to be setting up a whole device ecosystem. Smartphones are an essential and most portable part of that system. I think they hope that webos on desktops, netbks, tablets, and printers will actually increase smartphone sales.
    Yeah HP isn't making a new webOS smartphone, just after they pretty much just said they're making 2 new webOS smartphones in like 2 days.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Stay tuned for a very special webOS announcement we've been hyping for over a month! Sneak preview: We're killing the thing we just spent $1.2B on!