Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
    If you couple this annoucement with this tweet from last night:

Twitter / Robert Scoble: Tonight a VP from one of t ...

"Tonight a VP from one of the world's biggest consumer electronics companies convinced me not to buy any tablet or phone until February"

you might say there is a good chance that HPalm is going to launch a phone or pad on February 9th.
    I could be wrong (and probably am) but I have a feeling that company is Toshiba. I was recently told about some pretty incredible stuff they're going to be showing off soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    Or it can mean, wait till Feb to see what we have then wait another 6 months for us to deliver it to the market :P

i kid i kid
    You may be kidding, but you are right. Might not be 6 months. Maybe 4? Maybe 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post
    It has now become, "The coming seasons."
    Quote Originally Posted by prethadd81 View Post
    I wonder why HP and Palm have a booth then?
    Well...believe it or not, HP is more than just webOS. They've been known to make PCs and other stuff from time to time.
    I really should not have to say this, but MHz does not equal performance. The 800MHz in the Shift is faster than the 1000MHz in the Evo

Regarding the 5MP camera, this is why I have a $1500 SLR. While I use the camera on the phone, it is for stupid stuff. My last photo is of an electronic message on a parking meter box saying I did not have to pay (in case the meter maid ticketed me anyway)

I do wish the display were 3.7. When you see 3.6 v 3.7 it is surprisingly noticable. Oh well.

Will never use the FFC (as stated earlier)

While the termination fee does not tie me to Sprint (really not that much money) I do like them. I qualify for an upgrade, and my cracked (came this way in the box and now is much worse) and slow (yes I use the overclock app) pre is very long in the tooth.

I will miss the incredible mutitasking, but that is about it. While I dont hate the hardware the way some do, this thing can get scrathed sitting face up on a table (hate screen protectors)

While I will still visit the forum (not like I come here that often anyway) I am afraid that come monday my Pre will join my collection of outdated gadgets.

For your final valid point of "Why not an Evo?" well I fibbed a little. The Pre is actually my wife's and she thinks my bought on launch day Evo is too big.

Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Honestly, don't see how the Evo Shift is better than even the Pre 2.
    • 800 MHz - Why did they go down from 1GHz?? Even the Pre 2 has 1GHz.
    • 5MP Camera - Why did they go down from 8 MP?? Even the Pre 2 has a 5MP Camera.
    • 3.6 in display - Why did they go down from 4 in? Now just a half inch bigger than the Pre 2
    • No front facing camera

About the only things it does have over the Pre 2 is 4G, a slightly bigger display, and of course the Android Marketplace. Oh, and I guess the fact that it's on Sprint is another thing that it has over the Pre 2. But then, why downgrade when you can still get an EVO?
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    Well...believe it or not, HP is more than just webOS. They've been known to make PCs and other stuff from time to time.
    I thought it was confirmed the Palm didn't have a booth? They do have a conference room though...
    Quote Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
    If you couple this annoucement with this tweet from last night:

Twitter / Robert Scoble: Tonight a VP from one of t ...

"Tonight a VP from one of the world's biggest consumer electronics companies convinced me not to buy any tablet or phone until February"

you might say there is a good chance that HPalm is going to launch a phone or pad on February 9th.
    Sounds right!! What other company is coming out with a phone and tablet like that? Could be rim but they have showed a lot already. Could be apple but they aren't at ces.... Could be android but we've seen honeycomb and gingerbread too and they already have crazy phones... ITS PALM. HP!!!

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    if my phone breaks before than, I'm supporting another company.

I think the coming months turned into half a year.
    I would think "in the coming months" still falls under that(6months) timeline....
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post
    This is true.

I really hope people aren't expecting new hardware to be released at CES or this new HP event in Feb.

These events are for announcements of future hardware/products...
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I would think "in the coming months" still falls under that(6months) timeline....
    The beauty of "in the coming months" is that it means pretty much nothing. It sounds better than "eventually" or "some day" though lol
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    only if your a fnboy and don't like to see what's out there
    LOL better not say PHANBOY... Somebody might get offended
    You know why they gave out invites today, becuase everyone was going to jump ship if somthing wasn't said this week LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    I hope it turns out to be something great for all of you and I also hope it doesn't take 6 months after that, for it to be available for purchase.
    Although Rube and Palm are apart of HP, this is NO longer the old Palm and a company like HP will NOT tolerate the things that took place at the old Palm in regards to announce now and release 6 months, etc.

I am very confident we will see why HP is a major player and leader in the world within the technology industry. If you like how apple takes charge, leads, innovate, etc, then I believe one can expect the same from HP moving forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    The beauty of "in the coming months" is that it means pretty much nothing. It sounds better than "eventually" or "some day" though lol
    this whole time with my Pre has been hurry up and wait...... I'm used to it....on my 4th Pre.... I don't really care too much, it's nice to have a shiny Pre every 3-4 months. I even decided not to skin my new one this time.

I honestly wasn't expecting anything at CES anyways.... Why get your hopes up for nothing? When the goodies are ready, they'll be released, and if they are as good as they are purported to be, they'll sell themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    Although Rube and Palm are apart of HP, this is NO longer the old Palm and a company like HP will NOT tolerate the things that took place at the old Palm in regards to announce now and release 6 months, etc.

I am very confident we will see why HP is a major player and leader in the world within the technology industry. If you like how apple takes charge, leads, innovate, etc, then I believe one can expect the same from HP moving forward.
    Why wait? HP has already shown us what they can do in regards to innovation and release: Slate 500.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    this whole time with my Pre has been hurry up and wait...... I'm used to it....on my 4th Pre.... I don't really care too much, it's nice to have a shiny Pre every 3-4 months. I even decided not to skin my new one this time.

I honestly wasn't expecting anything at CES anyways.... Why get your hopes up for nothing? When the goodies are ready, they'll be released, and if they are as good as they are purported to be, they'll sell themselves.
    I stopped skinning and casing ages ago to heh. Cases broke when they fell, and skinning got the phones egdes all dirty so I was just whatever.

Couple scratches on the palm pre, but oooo soo naked.

My birthday is feb 17th, good month for me heh.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    Why wait? HP has already shown us what they can do in regards to innovation and release: Slate 500.
    Meh. I figure that was just the Pre2 of tablets...something in the works before the Palm buyout that they had to follow through on to get rid of some surplus hardware.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I think they are gonna pound their new laptop line at CES. I've always thought they will hold a separate event for the webOS side of things. The extra few weeks wait is going to be rough, but I'm excited.
    I hate to gloat, but I started a thread asking if HP should wait 1 wk or so after CES to do their own thing, kinda like Apple does. I am super excited and know 2011 will be expensive for my wife and me.

Coming from teh world of sales and now politics, I always hopped and believed doing something at CES, but KNOCKING it out the box at a stand-alone event would be awesome for HPalm.
    Last edited by RoverNole; 01/04/2011 at 03:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    I think the guy who scheduled this event must have been in some way related to the guy on the Titanic who told the band to keep playing as the ship was going down - hey, you do what you can to keep people on the boat.
    lol why would you think HP is worried about the 2 million or so current webos users when HP stretches worldwide in computer sales. When HP makes 30 billion plus a Quarter compared to Googles meesly 7. When they have a brand name higher then apples (hp 10, apple 17) and has so for years. If HP's ship is sinking please show me where the leaks are at.
    great. Wait a year to be told another month to get told wait another 2-8 months. You guys can put all the positive spin on it you want but this sucks and is not good news anymore.
Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast