Page 39 of 48 FirstFirst ... 293435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Hey guys and girls new member here. Been an Apple fan for quite some time and had all the versions of the iPhone (iP4 now) but i cant wait for the Feb 9 announcement. I think webOS is by far the superior OS out there and i hope HP surprises us with a 4" Monster on the 9th. Ill be ready to ditch the iP4 and iOS in a heartbeat. I think HP has been talking a lot and hopefully they back it up with:
    4.3 960x640 or similar
    Slim chasis
    dual core
    webOS beastie.
    Quote Originally Posted by ermir4444 View Post
    Hey guys and girls new member here. Been an Apple fan for quite some time and had all the versions of the iPhone (iP4 now) but i cant wait for the Feb 9 announcement. I think webOS is by far the superior OS out there and i hope HP surprises us with a 4" Monster on the 9th. Ill be ready to ditch the iP4 and iOS in a heartbeat. I think HP has been talking a lot and hopefully they back it up with:
    4.3 960x640 or similar
    Slim chasis
    dual core
    webOS beastie.
    Welcome! I'm glad you found an OS that works well for you.

Yea, Feb 9th should be an interesting day...

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    With the amount of leaks and the rate of them increasing before the 'Think Beyond' event on Feb 9th... Will there be anything left that will be a surprise us? We already know the specs of the tablet and probably also the phone.
    (anyone familiar with available tech and based off of the tablet specs it's not going to be very ground breaking specs... more like what's sort of expected.)

I'm sure leaks about the small phone will start tricking in soon.

Anyways, any surprises gonna be left?
    There's only one way to find out...
    apps and partner
    enyo can scale from phone to tablet so I expect we will see demo of interconnectivity
    I don't think that we have any idea of what really will be announced on 9th. There hasn't been much that I would regard as leaks (ie originating from HP Palm). The bulk of what we have seen is just unsubstantiated rumours.
    Trust me there are plenty of surprises left!

-Toaster
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    There hasn't been many leaks of phones.
    concerning the tab there was leaking of specs and things like that.

the really interesting things not:

the concrete experience of webos on a tablet (and all the new ideas baked in).

so... i expect to be surprised...
    Quote Originally Posted by toasterthegamer View Post
    Trust me there are plenty of surprises left!

-Toaster
    Toaster, have you seen the new devices?
    If the [two/three] leaks were it, I'm pretty sure HP would be a goner. I'm sure they have 10 aces up their sleeve for us in a few days. They sure do know how to give us a tease though.
    Sprint Love
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    What is your twitter user name?
    Twitter

I think that's it.
    Sprint Love
    I have a feeling the leaks we've seen thus far about the tablet haven't been quite on the mark -- these things usually aren't. Also, we don't know a THING about the phone/phones they're going to introduce. It's still going to be an exciting day, and it can't get here soon enough!!!
    well, thats a good question.

If HP has really been hard at work, and is really taking the reviving of webOS seriously, then they have to surprise us.

If they don't, it'll be a huge let down.

You have to remember a lot of these leaks come from HP, as way to stir up some excitement, and keep people talking. Same with the random one line quotes you get from HP officials at events, that spark follow up questions that are met with 'wait and see' and smiles. This past week they've actually be releasing teaser videos. They're doing this on purpose

Its all marketing, and as far as creating a buzz within the webOS community - they've succeeded. The problem is they need to reach outside of the community, and if they don't drop some major news - device wise, as well as software wise - they're going to be choking in the dust that iPhone on verizon stirs up the following day.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I'll be tweeting from the event if interested (the dev event also)
    I'm bringing a cell phone jammer just to keep the world in suspense a bit longer...
    I would do some unspeakable things if someone actually did that. ltm
    Sprint Love
  17.    #777  
    <<threads merged>>
    So this is now non-news, but until I saw the updated version, I freaked out:

From Tech tapas: Apple, Intel, HP, Microsoft, Nokia, plus Net addresses exhausted | Good Morning Silicon Valley

• Yesterday, GMSV talked a little about the fallout related to the Intel chip-design flaw, which was announced Monday. Here’s more: HP has reportedly postponed a media event scheduled for next week. Hewlett-Packard was expected to unveil webOS tablets in San Francisco on Feb. 9. Our request for comment has yet to be returned, but a company spokeswoman told InformationWeek that the event has been called off because HP is “evaluating our product roadmap in light of the industry issue.”

Update: The expected launch of HP’s webOS tablets is on for Feb. 9. There were two HP events scheduled for next week, and the InformationWeek article mentioned above referred to the one for unveiling business laptops. The Mercury News is still scheduled to attend next Wednesday’s event. Palm spokesman Alex Hunter said in an e-mail that next week’s event will take place as scheduled.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    guys did i simply not see it or is the outline of the tablet on the countdown page now showing more of the tablet? i thought originally it was just the outline of the side and now it seems to cut away at about the middle.

HP Palm USA|Mobile Products for Consumers, Professionals, and Businesses
    Funny is that there are like thousands of people (management in hp/palm,engineers,developers,even those operators in factories or photographer and graphic who prepared stuff for their ads) who knows exactly whats coming but nobody says anything