Page 36 of 48 FirstFirst ... 26313233343536373839404146 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    what is happening on feb 6 or 9 with the palm pre....im so oblivious to this right now.
    ???
    Think Big
    Think Small
    Think Beyond...

Lol
    ,Feb 9th is when HP is announcing....

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    He suggested in another thread that there will be 6 released over the year. So it could mean that its lower end...or it could mean that only two are being released now, with specs "on par" with this years offering, but the ones later on in the year will be slightly beefier. Could go either way.

I will say, its been very intriguing reading this guys messages and to see if some of the stuff he's suggested "leaks" out in the next few days/weeks
    I believe he said 6 devices, not phones.
    we need apps!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by juavez707 View Post
    we need apps!!!!!
    This seems to be the glaring problem that everyone here is overlooking.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    The importance of apps has been greatly exaggerated. Only 18% of US users who own or plan to own a smartphone say that the presence of apps has an influence on their buying decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by fredc1 View Post
    The importance of apps has been greatly exaggerated. Only 18% of US users who own or plan to own a smartphone say that the presence of apps has an influence on their buying decision.
    And your source is?
    Exactly, because without a seamless google voice app and document editing, I'm sticking with android. Add an agenda view/today wallpaper to the list too. Well, that and removable storage. Still stuck on that, and it doesn't look like their tablet will have it. Add that to the 4:3 screen, and no on board hdmi, and it seems like the Apple influence didn't die when HP came on board. Hope this big debut goes way beyond the leaked stuff.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    And your source is?
    Deloitte's 'Revolutions 2010' Survey: Mobile 'Apps' and e-readers Transform Consumer Behavior -- NEW YORK, Sept. 22 /PRNewswire/ --

Equally interesting is the fact that 35% of smartphone owners have never even downloaded an app.
    I think the importance of quantity of apps is overrated, but there is a severe dearth of "Primary Apps" on webOS, and that is the problem. Stuff like Twitter, Netflix, Audible, from the actual companies themselves, is desperately needed. Third party work-around apps are nice, and it's all we have for the most part, but if webOS starts gaining traction with content providers in an official capacity, I think that will help their poor "app perception".
    Come play with my Twitter.
    I could not give a rat's hind quarters about tablets. I will not carry a laptop, a phone, and a tablet. I think the tablet market was created for a product, just like netbooks, instead of the other way around. I want to see a phone with the HP tablets specs (minus of course the 10 inch screen) to replace my original day 1 Palm phone. I am worried all this energy is being poured into the HP tablet and the phone will get no HP lovin'. May Feb 9 prove me wrong.
    the Pre2 actually is the device that has the tablet power built inside.
    it has a 1GHz cpu and with that, it is _very_ powerful.

only things missing are compass and gyroscope.

so at the moment they don't necessarily need a Pre replacement, they need other form factors...
    Someone who is going to the night time event pick me up my stuff
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    they need a pre replacement I NEED A PRE REPLACEMENT PLEASE. And not the pre 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    Thats because its Microsoft. Microsoft doesn't really have a cool factor.

Xbox has a cool factor.

Not microsoft.

Not launching on CDMA was the biggest mistake of the WP7 launch IMO.
    They were going to go for the global market first, apparently. I saw a WP7 phone yesterday and a young guy had it, using it's Zune-like music player. Not too shabby IMO. If they can get youth interested, that's a good thing since youth drives a lot of marketing.

However, now that there's a CDMA iPhone, yep time to get on the ball for CDMA. Otherwise it'll still be Android vs. iOS.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  16. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Still not touched a WP7 for more than a couple of minutes and I still don't know anyone who has one.
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    I could not give a rat's hind quarters about tablets. I will not carry a laptop, a phone, and a tablet. I think the tablet market was created for a product, just like netbooks, instead of the other way around. I want to see a phone with the HP tablets specs (minus of course the 10 inch screen) to replace my original day 1 Palm phone. I am worried all this energy is being poured into the HP tablet and the phone will get no HP lovin'. May Feb 9 prove me wrong.
    But with a good tablet or netbook, you do not need to carry your laptop. You can leave your precious data at home or leave it at the office, then carry only what documents you need for the day. Although a phone with a big screen can also double as a mini-tablet.

I think the tablet market was created to compete with laptops. That was how it was before they became huge(when MSFT kept trying) and now even more so. You still cannot replace a laptop depending on what you do, but many people likely do not need to have their laptop with them all day long. Put on email, office, presentation and document editing features; and some would be good to go for the day. Although concerning email, you probably need to have a data version if you're going to rely on the tablet for email and not your phone.

Some of the tablet's features can be redundant if you have a smarphone, but if you need or want that screen size and don't want to risk your laptop data, tablets are useful IMO.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    Someone who is going to the night time event pick me up my stuff
    And what "stuff" are you expecting?

I can probably be bribed. (kidding, of course)
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Still not touched a WP7 for more than a couple of minutes and I still don't know anyone who has one.
    I don't want to head off topic, but I have several friends who bought them. They aren't loving them like I thought they would (because they are young and really like the social media stuff).

Anything they probably like about WP7 seems to be overshadowed with the problems they are having with hardware and call quality. That sound familiar.
    Quote Originally Posted by fredc1 View Post
    Deloitte's 'Revolutions 2010' Survey: Mobile 'Apps' and e-readers Transform Consumer Behavior -- NEW YORK, Sept. 22 /PRNewswire/ --

Equally interesting is the fact that 35% of smartphone owners have never even downloaded an app.
    Made this point several times with real world examples but there are too many people on the internet that have gotten caught up in the apps, apps, apps, apps mantra that has been created by a few in the elite drive by tech media.

In the real world, as has been said by some here and during podcasts on other tech sites, the majority of smartphones buyers don't go into a store and start off with "apps, apps, apps, I need apps, give me apps."

Thanks for the link. But I suspect you'll still have people screaming apps, apps, apps.
    Are you trying to hurt me?