Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 960
  1. #41  
    I can't wait to see what is up HP's sleeve! :P
  2. #42  
    Check out the facility!

    Herbst Pavilion
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Hmm...it seems like, at least for webOS fans, CES is over before it started.
    only if your a fnboy and don't like to see what's out there
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    If you think about it, HP would hold an event like this no matter how far down the road this new hardware is. They obviously didn't have anything ready for CES. So, they send out an invitation the week of CES for an event a little more than a month down the road - just about as long as you can go without seeming too late. Then they can announce that the teen smartphone will be ready in a couple of months and the tablet will be ready for the Summer.
    100% on point.

    They were just not ready for primetime at CES so they are trying to cover it up by making their "own" event. Isnt MWC around then? Why not make it a week or 2 from CES? Yeah because they dont have things ready. I am starting to agree with webOSroundup that probably no devices till Juneish
  5. #45  
    I love how Palm notes in that poem they've seen our tweets and all CAPS.. classic
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumbochief View Post
    I am interested in the keyboard actually. Dont need FFC, and the benchmarks make it as fast as anything out there.
    Honestly, don't see how the Evo Shift is better than even the Pre 2.
    • 800 MHz - Why did they go down from 1GHz?? Even the Pre 2 has 1GHz.
    • 5MP Camera - Why did they go down from 8 MP?? Even the Pre 2 has a 5MP Camera.
    • 3.6 in display - Why did they go down from 4 in? Now just a half inch bigger than the Pre 2
    • No front facing camera


    About the only things it does have over the Pre 2 is 4G, a slightly bigger display, and of course the Android Marketplace. Oh, and I guess the fact that it's on Sprint is another thing that it has over the Pre 2. But then, why downgrade when you can still get an EVO?
  7. #47  
    I wonder why HP and Palm have a booth then?
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Honestly, don't see how the Evo Shift is better than even the Pre 2.
    • 800 MHz - Why did they go down from 1GHz?? Even the Pre 2 has 1GHz.
    • 5MP Camera - Why did they go down from 8 MP?? Even the Pre 2 has a 5MP Camera.
    • 3.6 in display - Why did they go down from 4 in? Now just a half inch bigger than the Pre 2
    • No front facing camera


    About the only things it does have over the Pre 2 is 4G, a slightly bigger display, and of course the Android Marketplace. Oh, and I guess the fact that it's on Sprint is another thing that it has over the Pre 2. But then, why downgrade when you can still get an EVO?

    Shift looks ugly IMHO. And the keyboard looks childish. And then again there are those Android SMS bugs that my friends are experiencing. THAT IS INEXCUSABLE to send a text to someone but for it to go to someone else.
  9. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    #49  
    Is this also the break with the Palm branding? Is Palm going away for good on the 9th?
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by prethadd81 View Post
    I wonder why HP and Palm have a booth then?
    Probably talk about webOS 2.0 and Pre2 and to create some hype for their "own" event Feb 9th.

    Also, maybe some new apps... I am thinking that CES would be more software based now.
  11. #51  
    It was going to happen sooner or later. Goodbye forever, Palm!
  12. #52  
    well we can always get a new device at best buy, pay for that extension joint where you get a refund based on the time length, then trade it in once new devices are released
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Is this also the break with the Palm branding? Is Palm going away for good on the 9th?
    At all things mobile, JR was asked about the Palm name and he doesnt give a crap about the Palm name and stated does it matter? The vid is posted on PC somehwere go listen to it and he prtty much confirms Palm name is going away for GOOD.

    I would love the Treo name to come back though.
  14. pk1234's Avatar
    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by prethadd81 View Post
    I wonder why HP and Palm have a booth then?
    so they can announce the Feb 9th event

    I thought only HP had a booth. Not HP/Palm
  15. #55  
    Okay, the attitudes need to stop! There is no reason to be rude. Everyone needs to pick the phone that's right for them and shouldn't be bashed, because they are not a diehard Palm fan.

    If you are that is fine, but if you aren't, that is also fine.

    I'm glad I switched to the Evo, however, I have no problem with the people that are holding out for whatever future surprises HP has in store.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    At all things mobile, JR was asked about the Palm name and he doesnt give a crap about the Palm name and stated does it matter? The vid is posted on PC somehwere go listen to it and he prtty much confirms Palm name is going away for GOOD.

    I would love the Treo name to come back though.
    If HP was signing my checks, i wouldn't care about the Palm name either.
  17. #57  
    If you couple this annoucement with this tweet from last night:

    Twitter / Robert Scoble: Tonight a VP from one of t ...

    "Tonight a VP from one of the world's biggest consumer electronics companies convinced me not to buy any tablet or phone until February"


    you might say there is a good chance that HPalm is going to launch a phone or pad on February 9th.
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
    If you couple this annoucement with this tweet from last night:

    Twitter / Robert Scoble: Tonight a VP from one of t ...

    "Tonight a VP from one of the world's biggest consumer electronics companies convinced me not to buy any tablet or phone until February"


    you might say there is a good chance that HPalm is going to launch a phone or pad on February 9th.
    Or it can mean, wait till Feb to see what we have then wait another 6 months for us to deliver it to the market :P

    i kid i kid
  19. #59  
    people still are saying that webos2 to all phones during ces. I would want that but feel it's unlikely, and that we'll get it during the feb event. Thoughts?
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    Probably talk about webOS 2.0 and Pre2 and to create some hype for their "own" event Feb 9th.

    Also, maybe some new apps... I am thinking that CES would be more software based now.
    Would be interesting if it was more software based and we come to find out HPalm has roped in some big name devs.

    I know we need more than just games, but I remember hearing about Cut the Rope and Fruit Ninja being ported to webOS months ago, but have yet to see those in the catalog.
Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions