Page 24 of 48 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 480 of 960
  1. #461  
    Guess what day the new Verizon CDMA Apple Iphone 4 will be released.... Feb. 10th. Can you say "drown out any HP News". This is unfortunate and if HP doesn't drop something big, nobody is going to remember what happened on Wed. Feb. 9th.
  2. #462  
    Yeah...gotta give it to Apple on the timing. HP can't change their announcement date now. I really hope HP Palm gets aggressive with leaks between now and then.
  3. #463  
    Mobile Hotspot included. Up to 5 devices. I wonder if that includes the iPad...
  4. #464  
    I would love to get some leaks as to what we will be finding out, but I think we all know that will be hard because they have been so good at it so far.....


    My Themes:CLICK HERE
  5. #465  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Yeah...gotta give it to Apple on the timing. HP can't change their announcement date now. I really hope HP Palm gets aggressive with leaks between now and then.
    They have to leak. Otherwise, no one will wait to see what they have to say. HP did it to themselves, though. They knew this was the time when Apple makes big announcements. And they had to know the Verizon iPhone was coming. Can't blame Apple if HP's announcement gets torpedoed. It is always a bad idea to go swimming where sharks are known to be, at feeding time.
  6. #466  
    I half expected V/A to make it available 2/8 to not even let HP get much more than a line on the 9th. The 10th is just about as effective.

    I don't know if leaks will help any. If they actually announce NEW products that will be available Feb/March, then they will need to be a step up from iP4. Gonna be an interesting 4 weeks...
    I see pandas.
  7. #467  
    but in all reality, verizon still have the 2 week return policy, so any major announcement that is made on the 10th could warrant returns for the new palm devices...
  8. #468  
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    The point about new webOS smartphones being lost in the introduction of the webOS tablet is a good one. What is HP to do then? Introduce the phones at a different event? HP may be big enough to hold their own event. However, their mobile lineup is no big enough to hold one event per device.
    How do you know this? Do you know what they are planning, for fact? What hardware they are introducing, for fact? That there is NO innovation that warrants special attention, for FACT?

    Let's try to keep an open mind here, at the very least, shall we?

    This is, after all, a site based on WebOS devices and thier supporters/users - some optimisim, heck, even some outright positive speculation is quite appropriate, given the circumstances.

    Sheesh.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

  9. #469  
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    I half expected V/A to make it available 2/8 to not even let HP get much more than a line on the 9th. The 10th is just about as effective.

    I don't know if leaks will help any. If they actually announce NEW products that will be available Feb/March, then they will need to be a step up from iP4. Gonna be an interesting 4 weeks...
    IMHO, leaks are absolutely necessary at this point. Verizon iPhone launches on the 10th and Mobile World Congress is a few days later, and some of those products will be available in March/April. There is NO room in that news cycle for anybody.
  10. #470  
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Yeah, on Feb 11 not a single one of those Verizon iPhone buyers will still be using an iPhone. They will all return them to wait for the webOS superphone to arrive in coming months.
    McNamee, is that you?
  11. #471  
    silly HPalm, making us wait in the coming months...verizon iphone gangbusters...it better be amazing or HPalm's DOA

    but i wonder is the date on purpose?
  12. #472  
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Right now would be a good time for a pre-announcement press release of new HP smartphone hardware
    I'd even go for a blurry-cam video/picture.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  13. ToddK's Avatar
    Posts
    666 Posts
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    #473  
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    They have to leak. Otherwise, no one will wait to see what they have to say. HP did it to themselves, though. They knew this was the time when Apple makes big announcements. And they had to know the Verizon iPhone was coming. Can't blame Apple if HP's announcement gets torpedoed. It is always a bad idea to go swimming where sharks are known to be, at feeding time.
    Well, I will. ...waited this long, I can wait another couple of weeks.
  14. #474  
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    They have to leak. Otherwise, no one will wait to see what they have to say. HP did it to themselves, though. They knew this was the time when Apple makes big announcements. And they had to know the Verizon iPhone was coming. Can't blame Apple if HP's announcement gets torpedoed. It is always a bad idea to go swimming where sharks are known to be, at feeding time.
    I don't think there is any way HP is outshone by the 7 month old iPhone 4. Too much money involved. They are not Palm.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  15. #475  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    I don't think there is any way HP is outshone by the 7 month old iPhone 4. Too much money involved. They are not Palm.
    like i said in the other thread, iP4 is soooo last year!
    I see pandas.
  16. #476  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    I don't think there is any way HP is outshone by the 7 month old iPhone 4. Too much money involved. They are not Palm.
    Seriously? Apple's stock shot up to the $340 mark based on an announcement of an announcement. Conservative estimates have Verizon selling 12-13 million units over the next 7 months. That's what genuine impact looks like.

    The flip side is the bar is set so high now that even a fraction of the CDMA iPhone 4's pre-launch success could probably be considered a win for HP.
  17. #477  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeisnowonfire View Post
    I would love to get some leaks as to what we will be finding out, but I think we all know that will be hard because they have been so good at it so far.....
    You want a leak, a little birdy that is usually right told me some things that show disapointment coming...

    I'm keep hopin for a multi carrier bash and sooner rather then later.
  18. #478  
    well palm just blew a good verizon launch. I don't care what you guys say palm/hp won't make a splash on that network even if they announce a <spongebob> app free with phones. Verizon will push the iphone like you won't believe. Palm better focus on a sprint launch now. Even that needs to be asap cause even I am thinking of switching to verizon for the iphone now. Palm just got scooped.
  19. #479  
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Seriously? Apple's stock shot up to the $340 mark based on an announcement of an announcement. Conservative estimates have Verizon selling 12-13 million units over the next 7 months. That's what genuine impact looks like.

    The flip side is the bar is set so high now that even a fraction of the CDMA iPhone 4's pre-launch success could probably be considered a win for HP.
    I'm sorry, but I don't think the impact of a mid-year iPhone jump to Verizon is going to spell doom for HP. The best thing they could do is launch a phone at that "party". If they do that, then they will not be forgotten. Going up against last years iPhone is a God send.

    Imagine if Apple and gone crazy and launched the iPhone 5....
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  20. #480  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    I'm sorry, but I don't think the impact of a mid-year iPhone jump to Verizon is going to spell doom for HP. The best thing they could do is launch a phone at that "party". If they do that, then they will not be forgotten. Going up against last years iPhone is a God send.

    Imagine if Apple and gone crazy and launched the iPhone 5....
    There's a very good chance the 5th gen iPhone could launch around the same time HP hits the market with their phones though...

    Really, I think the notion of the iPhone 4 being old kit is something people like us think about. The rest of the world is just happy to be able to get an iPhone without having to leave their network.

Posting Permissions