Page 21 of 48 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NoResults View Post
    I don't see the big deal for a Kindle app? Not on the Palm Pre ok if they release a tablet but get real who reads a book on a pre? Or for that matter wants to see a movie on a 3" screen. I see new financial companies, news organizations etc every day for other operating systems this is what is needed not useless upgrades. I am perfectly happy with my Sprint Palm Pre and have had no problems with it.
    I was thinking more along the lines of Kindle for a Palm Pad device. That said, if you think people don't watch videos on small screens, you obviously were not on the flight I was on from DC to DFW this week. Everyone in every seat near me was watching a video on a small screen device (except for me).
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shloime View Post
    hp knows all of the negative ideas posted in here. they also know very well the new devices from apple and android. And they know that in order to compete , they need something that nobody thought about. thats where the words:" think beyond" fits. Meaning : beyond any devices , software, and the way they are connected until now. And they do have the money, experience, talents, best os, and desire to bring a revolution in the hitech world.
    this about sums it up.
    Does anyone know whether or not there's going to be a live video stream for the HP event taking place on the 9th of February at 10:00am?
    yes there will be
    Back on topic...more proof that HP should have announced at CES?

Kevin Rose: iPad 2 Announced in 'Next 3-4 Weeks' | News & Opinion | PCMag.com
    I hope this is the place to post about the Feb 9th announcements.

I'm really excited!

I'll consider buying a tablet once document editing is fully baked or if it brings something mind blowing that the phones simply can't do. Either way I think we'll be getting some serious info on it on the 9th and I'm psyched to see what it can do.

As far as the phone goes I'm diggin' the portrait slider OK, but proper build quality is a necessity. I could work with a physical keyboard-less slab, but either way I hope it's it's packin' a 4"ish screen.

Here's what I hope doesn't get announced:

Big=Five+ inch phablet monstrosity.

Small=Smallest phone ever.

Beyond=Tablet/The cloud is still neat.

And nothing else. I shudder at the thought but I'm hopeful (and fairly confident) that that's not how it'll be.

I guess for the most part webOS meets my needs, so I just hope they announce a viable handset on Sprint to replace my aging Pre in the next four months or so. If my situation were any more dire, or if my loose stipulations aren't met on the 9th I'd/I'll probably take some action and switch to a different platform. And if I was mad about it I'd probably leave this community behind too. Currently, I'm glad neither of those are the case for me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    I hope this is the place to post about the Feb 9th announcements.

I'm really excited!

I'll consider buying a tablet once document editing is fully baked or if it brings something mind blowing that the phones simply can't do. Either way I think we'll be getting some serious info on it on the 9th and I'm psyched to see what it can do.

As far as the phone goes I'm diggin' the portrait slider OK, but proper build quality is a necessity. I could work with a physical keyboard-less slab, but either way I hope it's it's packin' a 4"ish screen.

Here's what I hope doesn't get announced:

Big=Five+ inch phablet monstrosity.

Small=Smallest phone ever.

Beyond=Tablet/The cloud is still neat.

And nothing else. I shudder at the thought but I'm hopeful (and fairly confident) that that's not how it'll be.

I guess for the most part webOS meets my needs, so I just hope they announce a viable handset on Sprint to replace my aging Pre in the next four months or so. If my situation were any more dire, or if my loose stipulations aren't met on the 9th I'd/I'll probably take some action and switch to a different platform. And if I was mad about it I'd probably leave this community behind too. Currently, I'm glad neither of those are the case for me!
    You don't want a tablet announced or did I read that wrong?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Honestly, there is no need for bashing, it's just a phone!

Posted from my eVo!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Yeah. It's been rumored, although we haven't heard anything about it in awhile. I was open-minded about the idea until I went out and played with the Streak. Yikes! Not for me! I mean... they can go ahead and announce one if they want, just not in lieu of a 3.1"-4.3" something.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    I take it you mean a phone like the dell streak right?

If so, I concur.

The Dell streak was a failure for a reason.
    I see how my post was unclear.

No. I'm really psyched to see the tablet! Whether I deem it something worth purchasing for myself or not, I just want it to exist!

What I don't want is for the announcement to be limited to those three items (phablet, tiny phone, tablet) without there also being something in the 3.1"-4.3" range.

Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    You don't want a tablet announced or did I read that wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    I see how my post was unclear.

No. I'm really psyched to see the tablet! Whether I deem it something worth purchasing for myself or not, I just want it to exist!

What I don't want is for the announcement to be limited to those three items (phablet, tiny phone, tablet) without there also being something in the 3.1"-4.3" range.
    Ahhh.. That makes more sense.. Me too .. I hope this announcement brings more than the showing of a few phones or tablets.. I want that and them to wow me with upcoming features and integration/communication between all devices shown and not shown, what's being worked on and hints at those they can't mention

Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Ahhh.. That makes more sense.. Me too .. I hope this announcement brings more than the showing of a few phones or tablets.. I want that and them to wow me with upcoming features and integration/communication between all devices shown and not shown, what's being worked on and hints at those they can't mention

Amen. Exactly.

I pretty much listed what I think is a semi-realistic worst case scenario given the information we have, and the minimum for me to be satisfied.

What you described is what would get me really jazzed and I think it's closer to what we can expect than either of my scenarios.

Wo0t!

With that... it's way past my bedtime!
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    Does anyone know whether or not there's going to be a live video stream for the HP event taking place on the 9th of February at 10:00am?
    10:00am, what Time Zone is that? i.e. how far removed from GMT
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    a plead to the mods.

start enforcing your threats about deleting/moving posts that have nothing to do with thread titles.

this thread is about hp anticipation for feb 9th.

not about android or apple, not about what went wrong with the pre or pre 2 launch, not what's wrong with webos.

people are hijacking the threads from their android or iphone devices and ruining the fun of coming to precentral from those that count...webOS users.
    The wait is KILLING ME!!!! I'm trying to focus on other things, you know, the whole watching a kettle boil thing.

My head says I'd like a small pocketable smartphone like the Pre, but my heart yearns for a 4.x sized WebOS phone. I'm so torn.
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    a plead to the mods.

start enforcing your threats about deleting/moving posts that have nothing to do with thread titles.

this thread is about hp anticipation for feb 9th.

not about android or apple, not about what went wrong with the pre or pre 2 launch, not what's wrong with webos.

people are hijacking the threads from their android or iphone devices and ruining the fun of coming to precentral from those that count...webOS users.
    PM a mod and let them know how you feel... Don't Forget "REPORT POSTS" is your friend!!!

Just sell the Web OS devices in Brazil interest me... aaaaaall the rest, is dust in wind...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    IMHO HP have to come with something realy beyond all the smartphones presented at CES
    4G LTE and will have live stream, minimum dual-core cpu or go beyond and first with a multicore Cortex A-15:

Watt’s the Limit for Smart Mobile Devices? Meet the Cortex™-A15 - ARM Community

I don´t see matching the competition in hardware will be at this moment very succesful because android is bringing the gingerbread 3.0 to smatphones in a couple of weeks.

The Manta smartphone have to be beyond in hardware.