Hewlett-Packard Company
    3000 Hanover St.
    Palo Alto CA 94304
    US
    +1.8005247638 Fax: +1.6508522936

Domain Name: hp.com

Registrar Name: Markmonitor.com
    Registrar Whois: whois.markmonitor.com
    Registrar Homepage: MarkMonitor | Brand Protection, Domain Management, Anti Fraud Solutions

Administrative Contact:
    Domain Administrator
    Hewlett-Packard Company
    3000 Hanover St.
    Palo Alto CA 94304
    US
    +1.8005247638 Fax: +1.6508522936
    Technical Contact, Zone Contact:
    HP Hostmaster
    Hewlett-Packard Company
    1000 NE Circle Blvd MS 413A
    Corvallis OR 97330
    US
    +1.8005247638 Fax: +1.5417156789

Created on..............: 1986-03-03.
    Expires on..............: 2011-03-03.
    Record last updated on..: 2010-12-23.

Domain servers in listed order:

ns1.hp.com
    ns5.hp.com
    ns3.hp.com
    ns6.hp.com
    ns2.hp.com
    ns4.hp.com
    Sprint Love
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    How is that any different from Google "fully optimizing" Android?
    The "small" difference is that webOS is a full linux OS, they can use it on any platform out there.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Newness Developments apps:

When i first read the post, I thought it said January 9th, HAHAH, wow i wish that was true.
  5.    #365  
    Quote Originally Posted by djfu3l3r View Post
    check this out. its a homepage to the hp event on feb 19th in san francisco.

i would really like more info on this i want to go so bad
    psst... it's on the 9th, not the 19th.

<merged>
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    If the tablets are set to ship in March, maybe not annoucing them till February will do HP some good at maintaining consumer interest.
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
    how good can a webos tablet be if there are no revolutionizing apps to support it? We need app developers to step up majorly
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eggroks View Post
    how good can a webos tablet be if there are no revolutionizing apps to support it? We need app developers to step up majorly
    We need the tablet first. We also don't know if they'll be some new "revolutionary" apps at launch.
    You're assuming that all developers are sitting on their hands. You don't know how many developers are just itching for the tablet to come out.
    guess we can only wait and see if we will have app boom once the tablet is released. Hope so.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    You're assuming that all developers are sitting on their hands. You don't know how many developers are just itching for the tablet to come out.
    Actually...

See chart B on page 4.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    Actually...

See chart B on page 4.
    Bad link?

Quote Originally Posted by rothoof View Post
    Bad link?

It downloads a zip file with a a pdf in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JLegacy View Post
    If the tablets are set to ship in March, maybe not annoucing them till February will do HP some good at maintaining consumer interest.
    I hope that they'll be offering one that will be wifi only so it won't be tied to a carrier.
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    I think webOS will be out in March, but 2.5-3.0 be out in June with the new units. " I hope "
    WebOS has been out since June of 2009.
    Quote Originally Posted by mellowbugle View Post
    As far as apps are concerned. I think if HP is secretly working with all the major businesses to get apps for the "new" WebOS then they have a fighting chance. I know hardware is the BIG issue and it's what kept a lot of people from buying into the system but apps aren't there either!
    I'll say this, I doubt that Ruby is suddenly sitting on the board at Amazon because he needed a second job, or that he suddenly "discovered" that they have a book reader. Who wants to start a poll on how soon we see a Kindle app for the Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    You find someone who promised they'd leave PreCentral, and you have a point. May I suggest a PM?
    I don't think you paid much attention to what he was actually saying. He specifically mentioned the "It's CES or bust crowd". Meaning those that said they were leaving WebOS if they didn't make a big splash at CES.
    Quote Originally Posted by m3grady2 View Post
    i think he's talking about the 1 year early upgrade for 1st day pre adopters, which if hp keeps true to their slogan will be at the end of the 2 year contract.

Side note i can't believe its been 2years since palm knocked our socks off at ces in 2009 boy time flies.
    I'm in the 1 year early upgrade group. It's not been a year since I was upgrade eligable. To have been waiting a year, he would have had to have been eligible for an update since January of 2010.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Thank you. HP has a whole team of internal developers.
    guess we can only wait and see if we will have app boom once the tablet is released. Hope so.
    Don't be expecting like 10,000 apps on Feb 9 or 2 months after that. What you're likely to see are about 10 to 20 apps that the mainstream consumer would want/need. So we're talking maybe Amazon & Nook reader apps, Netflix, New York Times pad version, a couple games from a major dev house, etc. I suspect that the "selected" dev houses have been in development on these apps during the last several months using the Enyo framework so that it scales to the phones.

Don't expect anything more on the apps front on announcement day. And don't expect the app count to really pickup until later this year when HP can get all of the devices in the field and more carrier deals signed with carriers outside of North America.

Jon Ruby stated at the All Thing D Mobile confab several weeks back that HP needs the several core apps that users use in their lives and that HP doesn't have those apps yet, but they're working on it. I agree. So while the pad and the phone needs more of the "everyday/every man/woman" apps, I think some go way overboard with the mantra that apps will make or break a platform.

Nilay Patel and Paul Miller made a brilliant observation during an Engadget podcast that took place last week or this week. HP has 5,000 apps in the catalogue. Both said that 5,000 is just enough and that the problem isn't not having enough apps. They said the majority of consumers don't go into the store saying "I need apps, more apps. Give me more apps." That they go in bc their contract is up and they're looking for a new phone.

If you talk to your friends or coworkers you'll like find that is the case. I've seen it with my co-workers. Not one person was asking about apps when they first started to inquire about phones or when they went into the store. Nor did the salesperson in the store say "Hey this phone system has 100k apps and that other only has 5,k or 10k". And when they did decide to download apps it was the "essential" apps which they downloaded; dvr manager, bank app, maybe Netflix and something else. And those are the types of core apps the HP needs. The others apps are sprinkles on your cupcake icing and HP should continue to get those so that the app cat can grow. But focus on the essentials first and then go from there. And I think you'll see and hear that on Feb 9.
    Last edited by playboy; 01/09/2011 at 08:30 AM.
    Are you trying to hurt me?