Page 18 of 48 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    all I'm asking for is either one or the other.
    both would be nice.

thanks
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    Yeah they do. All Google could do (but wouldn't) would be to pull the market out.
    The rest is open source and free.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    there are many articles stating that ces is a tablet showcase
    Motorola, Toshiba, Samsung, RIM Made CES Into Tablet Showcase - Desktops and Notebooks - News & Reviews - eWeek.com

but if HP can release the pad right as it is announced, then it gets individual attention and earlier release!!!! similar for a phone release.
    Highly doubt it that will ever happen...that will totally defeat purpose of announcement
  5.    #345  
    <merged>
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Lost reply said something like: I think apple does it, where they release a product the same day or very close to their announcement. if you wait 6 mo. to release a product after announcing, people forget about the announcement. remember what happened last time the pre was released.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilKell View Post
    Maybe this time HP/Palm will manage to convince a carrier to actually want their device? Verizon and Sprint basically told HP/Palm to take a hike with the Pre 2. They've been testing webOS 2 live on the Pre 2 for 4 months now, and not a word about when anybody will actually get it on the older devices.
    You have a source for the nonsense that "Verizon and Sprint basically told HP/Palm to take a hike with the Pre 2"? From everything I've heard, it is coming to Verizon, and something similar is coming to Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    If you think about it, HP would hold an event like this no matter how far down the road this new hardware is. They obviously didn't have anything ready for CES. So, they send out an invitation the week of CES for an event a little more than a month down the road - just about as long as you can go without seeming too late. Then they can announce that the teen smartphone will be ready in a couple of months and the tablet will be ready for the Summer.
    Got some crow I'm fattening up for folks like you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumbochief View Post
    Right. Because only true believers can post to a public forum.
    No other opinions are required.

And to think this is why I never bought into iPhone....
    I don't understand, he's acknowledging what you said. You didn't say you didn't like (your opinion) of what is going to happen, you said that you were getting an Evo Shift. Maybe it's that you didn't like his opinion of an Evo Shift, but it is what you said...
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    I think the guy who scheduled this event must have been in some way related to the guy on the Titanic who told the band to keep playing as the ship was going down - hey, you do what you can to keep people on the boat.
    Must be a great band playing. Good enough to keep some folks around who don't even own the device.

Of course, maybe they're trying to over-compensate for the dissatisfaction with whatever it is they got stuck with...
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    great. Wait a year to be told another month to get told wait another 2-8 months. You guys can put all the positive spin on it you want but this sucks and is not good news anymore.
    You've been waiting a year?? Seriously???

I bought an opening day Pre from Sprint, and my contract wasn't up a year ago. How have you been waiting a year?
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    .HP is not Apple. It was never Apple. It will never be Apple. HP couldn't innovate themselves out of a wet paper bag. What makes you think they are about to start now? The best notebook design they offer is a straight-up KIRF of a MBP, appropriately named, ENVY. Now, all of a sudden, we are supposed to believe that this is the "coming to Jesus" moment for HP, and we can now expect Apple-esque innovation? I don't think so.
    Nobody is expecting "Apple-esque innovation". That would be like expecting "elephantish speed". Jobs even stated that they steal their ideas. Please, face a little reality, having the top selling phone doesn't mean you're "innovative".
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    Highly doubt it that will ever happen...that will totally defeat purpose of announcement
    They could announce that it's shipping...
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    I know you're being sarcastic but i wanted to mention I think HP did exactly what most would expect. They showed at CES just what they make their money off of: computers, and printers, and enterprise storage solutions. That and business services is where they make their money. So i'm not that surprised it's what they show. Tablets and Phones, the webos, stuff is a potential growth area but i wouldn't expect them to put their eggs in one basket. I figured they'd have shown webos stuff but i'm not entirely stunned they didn't.
    Ya, I'm known for an occasional bit of dry humor...

And I agree with you completely about your comments. One of the biggest an most profitable businesses for HP is computers and printers. They announced a lot of new stuff for those products. Phones didn't distract from those big-dollar product introductions. But, webOS is getting it's own day/event to jumpstart the HP webOS era.

Once webOS runs on devices that dominate the revenue and profitability of an HP division, they might change their CES priorities.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bigwood212
    great. Wait a year to be told another month to get told wait another 2-8 months. You guys can put all the positive spin on it you want but this sucks and is not good news anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    You've been waiting a year?? Seriously???

I bought an opening day Pre from Sprint, and my contract wasn't up a year ago. How have you been waiting a year?
    I LOL'ed.....to that and thanks for that
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    i think he's talking about the 1 year early upgrade for 1st day pre adopters, which if hp keeps true to their slogan will be at the end of the 2 year contract.

Side note i can't believe its been 2years since palm knocked our socks off at ces in 2009 boy time flies.
    Last edited by m3grady2; 01/08/2011 at 06:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    How would this be different from what you can already do with iOS? How are they still not late to the party. Connected devices in a mature ecosystem are already here, and are getting better by the day.
    There is syncing from device to device -- Palm even has that with Palm Profile right now, but it's limited. But imagine -- and lets just use the iPad/iPod/iMac analogy here. Imagine being able to pull up any document, mp3, video, file (or presentation) or anything thats on you iMac or iPad on you iPhone -- even without iTunes. Imagine, if you will, no need for iTunes because it auto syncs. Added your new cd? Wow, its now on your iPhone or iPad. Not enough room? On the go, can't go to your iMac to re-sync? Come on, thats so 2010. In 2011 you just go on your iPhone and pick what songs you want and dont want and the get your music and/or video.

Now imagine HP getting this type of synergy before Apple. Notice I said before, because Apple and Google are both moving this way. Whoever does it first will be very successful.

Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Nobody is expecting "Apple-esque innovation". That would be like expecting "elephantish speed". Jobs even stated that they steal their ideas. Please, face a little reality, having the top selling phone doesn't mean you're "innovative".
    Apple is a very innovative company. They have changed Desktop OS forever. Look at Windows 7 and all it's features -- most started on Mac OS X Tiger. They changed the way we listen to music. Without them, we will want a Sony Walkmen with a CD instead of MP3. They changed the way we use and expect a phone to be. Without the iPhone, I doubt Windows Phone 7 would be here. WebOS might not even be here. Apple is currently innovating with actually adding a digital app store for their Desktop OS. Windows will follow, I assure you. (of course, I believe MS was on their way of doing this anyway -- but Apple still was able to get it done first).

I am no Apple hater. I love their magic mouse and I laughed when I saw MS make their version of it. I use their computers as I write this. But I believe WebOS is just a better and easier OS.

Also WebOS can scale web based apps. Not full fledged apps like iOS and Android has.
    check this out. its a homepage to the hp event on feb 19th in san francisco.

i would really like more info on this i want to go so bad
  19.    #359  
    Guys... please stop with the cross-platform chatter. If you want to talk about webOS vs. iPhone vs. android vs. whatever... we have a forum for that. Any further off-topic posts will be deleted.
    OMG OMG..

Ha really?

http://www.webosevent.com

Domain Name: WEBOSEVENT.COM
    Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC.
    Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com
    Referral URL: Domain Names, Web Hosting and Online Marketing Services | Network Solutions
    Name Server: NS93.WORLDNIC.COM
    Name Server: NS94.WORLDNIC.COM
    Updated Date: 23-dec-2010
    Creation Date: 23-dec-2010
    Expiration Date: 23-dec-2011
    Last edited by tooearly; 01/08/2011 at 06:58 PM.
    Sprint Love