Page 16 of 48 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Honestly, in my experience, it's much more the case that a thread about HP Palm and their products is usually driven in that direction by a Palm fan slamming Android or iOS. The post I responded to by Rsanchez is an unprovoked baiting post in a thread about the February 9th announcement. But apparently, THAT "off topic BS" is permissible while the "off topic BS" not supporting Palm is what must be eradicated. Seems fair.
    Now what are you going on about? I never slammed iOS or Android in that post. My post was directed at the "CES or bust" crowd, and I want them to make good on their promise. Never did I say "go enjoy your inferior phone" or some other statement slamming Android or iOS.

Sorry to go offtopic on this one, but this had to be cleared up.
    What is so bad about leaving Webos for a while or for good? The second solid rumors came out that HP wasnt going to have a presence at CES, i (as one of the ces or bust crowd) hightailed it to the Evo.

I need better tech for what my daily routines require. The Evo has always enticed me with what it can do. I fulfilled my CES or bust promise with no regrets.

Doesnt mean i wont go back if Palm knocks it out of the park in six months though. Hopefully they come out with some pretty amazing apps though that actually interest people.

Also, if Palm never recieves love from Google with some of their amazing apps that they loan out to the iphone then it'll never gain traction.
    Okay, let's just stop with the name calling. It is not necessary. Just because you don't agree with someone else's decision does not give you a valid reason to be rude. No one is forcing the same decision on you.

Some people need a phone that works that way it is supposed to and they need it now, they can't wait to see what's coming in a few more months.

Switching is their right and it is not up to anyone else to make the decision for them.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  4.    #304  
    Thanks verwon...

Lets take this back On-Topic everyone. There are many members here who may not be holding a webOS device in their hand but still contribute to answering questions and helping others here. Of course there are some who make posts in the main forum to simply get people agitated. If you see these posts, simply hit the "report" button to alert a Mod. But... as I said, there are many who may have chosen to play with another device right now who may (or may not) be simply waiting to try out a new HP device if a HOT one is announced at the big event. Either way, that's a wondrous thing of freedom.

So... having said that, can we please move back on-topic and discuss the upcoming event and expectations, hopes, dreams, fuzzy-wuzzies... we are looking to come on that day. We have a forum for cross-platform chat...so let's keep that stuff over there.

Thank you!
    My next cell phone will be a dual core phone. I'd like it to be a WebOS phone. Guess I'll find out Feb 9th, cause if I don't see what I want I'm getting an Atrix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Babadi View Post
    My next cell phone will be a dual core phone. I'd like it to be a WebOS phone. Guess I'll find out Feb 9th, cause if I don't see what I want I'm getting an Atrix.
    IMO, dual core is a meaningless geek spec. It means nothing in a vacuum. Throwing more processor at a phone will not make the UI any more user-friendly, or the apps higher quality. You still need trim, purpose-driven code paired with a brilliant UI and the highest quality touch technology. The Pre doesn't have to be dual core any more than the iPhone.

The iPad is one of the most under-speced devices I've seen in a while. Yet, it's operation is blazing fast and smooth as butter. It doesn't need dual core; it needs more ram to handle all the tasks people want to do with it. What I'm saying is don't get caught up in geek speak. In the real world, it means very little.
    atrix has caught my eye too. android is getting better and has the big name devs supporting it.

you can also say webos is meaning less if no one is supporting it or buying it.

dont get me wrong, i like webos but there is no excitement being generated to promote it. if the atrix had webos on it, i would really be in a bind of which one to buy because android has the apps i want now but on the webos, i would have to wait a for it to be developed by the big name devs or by the homebrew devs we have here.

omly good thing for me is that most of the new phones being show cased wont be out before 9 feb.

oh by the way, the atrix has 1g of ram
    Last edited by c_legaspi; 01/07/2011 at 09:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    IMO, dual core is a meaningless geek spec. It means nothing in a vacuum. Throwing more processor at a phone will not make the UI any more user-friendly, or the apps higher quality. You still need trim, purpose-driven code paired with a brilliant UI and the highest quality touch technology. The Pre doesn't have to be dual core any more than the iPhone.

The iPad is one of the most under-speced devices I've seen in a while. Yet, it's operation is blazing fast and smooth as butter. It doesn't need dual core; it needs more ram to handle all the tasks people want to do with it. What I'm saying is don't get caught up in geek speak. In the real world, it means very little.
    1. I plan to own my next phone for two years. I guarantee that apps will take advantage of dual core in that time. Reports I read from CES also stated that phones like the Atrix and BIONIC were running Android smoother than they had ever seen.

2. Please don't talk about apple products like that. Lord knows apple would love to, and probably will, sell outdated tech at huge mark ups just because it looks smooth due to pretty animations. iOS doesn't even freaking multi-task for real yet. So don't tell me it's good enough.

3. Please keep in mind that I'm really hoping HPalm steps up and reveals a true top of the line phone. I want WebOS, but Motorola frankly just set the bar with the Atrix and BIONIC.
  9.    #309  
    Guys... please... on-topic. Once again, this thread is not about cross-platform arguments. Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Guys... please... on-topic. Once again, this thread is not about cross-platform arguments. Thank you
    Forgive me for saying this, but good luck.

Posted from my eVo!
    Quote Originally Posted by c_legaspi View Post
    oh by the way, the atrix has 1g of ram
    I did focus on dual core in my original post because it's a good reference point, and I'm interested in the BIONIC as well. But the spec sheet on the Atrix is just crazy overall. A few other highlights.

540 x 960 pixels
    1,930 mAh battery

Side note though. Sprint was damn quiet at this show.... Makes you wonder if HPalm has something cooking for them so they didn't feel the need to make a splash here. Instead waiting for Feb 9th.
    The thread is about Feb 9th. I'm saying that imo, the bar has been set for what Palm needs bring to the table on Feb 9th. Sorry if it derailed a touch. Tried to redirect it back towards the topic at the end of my last post.
  13.    #313  
    @verwon... LOL.. I know, right?

Guys, If the thread can't stay on-topic, we'll just close it. Please get back to the OP discussion and away from cross-platform arguments. Thanks
    regardless, after the announcement I will switch to whatever carrier has whatever device first. I need to have webOS back in my life.
    Did you know I can also annoy you on twitter? @mikevember
    I think I'm goin to where matias is. I have a feeling he will build something amazing using the amazing infrsture android has.

Unless Palm still has a visionary and will completely blow our minds.. Say multi apps per screen with drag and drop funtionality and a fully baked synergy.
    iphone 4 will be coming out on verizon soon. It's to be announced tuesday. This is going to seriously hurt palm sales if there's no big release or even anouncement of a palm phone before. After people hear iphone news they stop thinking of anything else.
    @verwon... LOL.. I know, right?

Guys, If the thread can't stay on-topic, we'll just close it. Please get back to the OP discussion and away from cross-platform arguments. Thanks
    If I weren't an atheist, I'd say a prayer....
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    I think I'm goin to where matias is. I have a feeling he will build something amazing using the amazing infrsture android has.

Unless Palm still has a visionary and will completely blow our minds.. Say multi apps per screen with drag and drop funtionality and a fully baked synergy.
    I'll be in line with you. I'm starting to think this guy brings more to smartphones than people realize.

YAY Feb 9
    I think HP didnt want to be another tablet. And I wonder if they want Apple to try to trump them by announcing iPad 2 first. That way HP gets to show their revolutionary features last -- and stay in our minds longer. Danger is, Apple is an innovative company -- is HP really that confident that they thought of something Apple hasn't.
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    The problem is that HP Palm is a big fat no-show at CES this year and, instead, sent a message with nothing other than a calendar date and six words (three of them "Think"). There's just not that much more to stay on topic about Feb 9 and we have a separate thread about the "Think..." lines. That's all we got in webOS-land right now - the most boring place in smart phone universe at this time.
    You are such a happy, fun, lover of life.
    Apps:

Turn the Dial Radio Directory (Phones)
    8-bit Miner (TouchPad)
    Turn the Dial Digital Edition (TouchPad)