Page 14 of 48 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
    So is palm not presenting anything at all at Ces? Not even webos 2.0 release dates, nothing?
    Quote Originally Posted by protofa View Post
    hopefully they announce dual core hardware. if not, they should keep their mouth shut
    I don't even know what they can announce that will even be comparable to the stuff we've seen over the week...
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    After looking at the information on the MWC website... HP may have made a very good choice waiting to announce their new stuff and mobile direction at their own event and away from CES.. and right before the Mobile World Congress event.

The MCW is a huge meeting for app developers

HP is announcing their mobile devices a week before this event.
    HP is sponsoring 2 separate areas of this event.
    There are a ton of developers there for HP to meet up with and sell.

HP could walk into this event with exciting new news, win developers over, and come out with a lot of new partners for webOS. (Heck, they could already have a lot of that going on already.)

Of course, I'm just spit-balling here... but their timing of their event just before the MWC is starting to actually look like a very smart strategy!
    Your analysis made my eyes light up! I totally agree that it sounds like a good play. It's dependent, of course, on what they actually have to show...
    no PALM is NOT showing ANYTHING, but from what I understand ....HP has a booth or a room or a stage or something to that effect and contrary to my(and others too) ridiculous previous comments..... They aren't just there for the milk and cookies.

C'mon people, give your heads a shake and snap out of it! They are there for a reason and it isn't cookies, door prizes, toasters, carnival games or anything of that nature

It's only a week or 2 or whatever (that's how close I'm paying attention) ....it'll be ok, I promise.

remember that song at the end of "The Life of Brian?".... I know you do, now everybody get together,you know the words!!!

....Always look on the bright side of life.......(this is the whistling part)..... And repeat!

lol

(the scene at the end of the movie, for those that don't know......Brian and a couple of criminals get crucifyied and left to die.....they start singing the song....)
    Last edited by sledge007; 01/07/2011 at 08:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    no PALM is NOT showing ANYTHING, but from what I understand ....HP has a booth or a room or a stage or something to that effect and contrary to my(and others too) ridiculous previous comments..... They aren't just there for the milk and cookies.

C'mon people, give your heads a shake and snap out of it! They are there for a reason and it isn't cookies, door prizes, toasters, carnival games or anything of that nature

It's only a week or 2 or whatever (that's how close I'm paying attention) ....it'll be ok, I promise.

remember that song at the end of "The Life of Brian?".... I know you do, now everybody get together,you know the words!!!

....Always look on the bright side of life.......(this is the whistling part)..... And repeat!

lol
    Well I'm not interested .. If there's no milk and cookies I'm done with HPalm!

And what's "the life of brian"?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  6.    #266  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    And what's "the life of brian"?
    Nooo.. you didn't actually say that did you?? LOL It's only one of Monty Python's famous movies (no where as good as 'The Meaning of Life' though)

Ok.. sorry.. back on-topic.. where where we now? Oh yeah, <singing>...Always look on the bright side of life.......(this is the whistling part)..... And repeat!
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Nooo.. you didn't actually say that did you?? LOL It's only one of Monty Python's famous movies (no where as good as 'The Meaning of Life' though)

Ok.. sorry.. back on-topic.. where where we now? Oh yeah, <singing>...Always look on the bright side of life.......(this is the whistling part)..... And repeat!
    Well as much monty python .. Drugs are bad .. Most of my memories from 16-24 are nothing more than the occasional acid flashback

That wasn't acid.

The wait is extreme torture for everyone waiting for new webOS toys.

Posted from my eVo!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Well between that.. The acid trips and stayong aways from the meds... You know troubles brewing

When isn't trouble brewing with you?

Posted from my eVo!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by c_legaspi View Post
    palm/hp is using feb 9 to make an announcement because they havent got a clue abut what their next phone is going to be and so they are waiting to see what comes out of ces.
    you are just silly
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Uh....those are PHONE plans.
    I was under the impression that tablets were "add-ons" to a person's cellular data plan. That not the case?

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised if not.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post

Why does everyone assume that because HP is there they would only be showing off webOS-related stuff? They DO make a lot of other stuff that has been known to sell pretty well. I'm guessing nothing they are doing at this CES is particularly groundbreaking or innovative, but it's probably still a good way for them to introduce other, newer HP products.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    Why does everyone assume that because HP is there they would only be showing off webOS-related stuff? They DO make a lot of other stuff that has been known to sell pretty well. I'm guessing nothing they are doing at this CES is particularly groundbreaking or innovative, but it's probably still a good way for them to introduce other, newer HP products.
    I didn't assume anything I'm looking at this (and every) site with my HP w2408 monitor, love it

The sky is falling, world's going to end tone used to be irritating, and now it amuses the **** out of me, lol. Thank you all for keeping me entertained!
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    I do have to wonder how many questions the HP folks have fielded (or will have to address) about Palm and webOS.
    So if nothing webOS comes out in CES, can you people who promised to leave actually leave? And please, "don't look back" by coming back here and posting "just switched to an evo, never looking back".

Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    I do have to wonder how many questions the HP folks have fielded (or will have to address) about Palm and webOS.
    about 20 per user of p|c...

$$
    I see pandas.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    So if nothing webOS comes out in CES, can you people who promised to leave actually leave? And please, "don't look back" by coming back here and posting "just switched to an evo, never looking back".

Why is it that people who love WebOS and dislike people bigging up other platforms hang around the OTHER DEVICES forums? Even crazier is the fact that they continually want people who actually do belong here to leave...
    Cause it's all in the new posts feed
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    Cause it's all in the new posts feed
    At no point is anyone mandated to look at that. There is a reason we have subforums, each dedicated to specific topics, and these happen to be specifically for OTHER DEVICES. Don't tell someone to go to Android Central if they're posting appropriately at PreCentral.