1.    #1  
    According to TreoMB.Com, Walt Mossberg latest column states that hanspring will be coming out with a add-on battery back for the the 300, but it should work with all the treos.

Good news?
    I wonder how much thickness it will add.
    I wonder what other types of expantion capabilties the treo connector provides.
    I wonder if Handspring will comeout with a higher-res sd capable unit by next february?
    I wonder if I should start saving now?
    I wonder. :-)
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Here's the review: http://ptech.wsj.com/archive/ptech-20020919.html

Regarding battery life, it says: "As for battery life, the new Sprint model gets about the same 2.5 hours of talk time as the original model. But by the holidays, Sprint and Handspring plan to offer a snap-on extra battery that will cost under $100 and double the battery life. The battery will also work on earlier Treos."
    Originally posted by Felipe
    According to TreoMB.Com, Walt Mossberg latest column states that hanspring will be coming out with a add-on battery back for the the 300, but it should work with all the treos.

Good news?
    I wonder how much thickness it will add.
    I wonder what other types of expantion capabilties the treo connector provides.
    I wonder if Handspring will comeout with a higher-res sd capable unit by next february?
    I wonder if I should start saving now?
    I wonder. :-)
    I'd bet you'll see a SD slot before a high-res Treo. Look at the new clamshell phones coming from people like Kyocera. They aren't high res either. I guess it depends on how quickly Handspring adopts 5.0.
    I think hi-res will not be a major priority. It would raise cost, zap power and slow down all treos. Once OS5 is out and Handspring makes a decsion of whether to use it right away, things may be different running at 200mhz instead of 33. I'll bet the reasons the color Treo screens are currently only 12bit are speed and power consumption.