View Poll Results: When do you think a new WebOS device will be released on Sprint?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • February

10 10.31%
  • March

36 37.11%
  • April

6 6.19%
  • May

8 8.25%
  • June

20 20.62%
  • After June

8 8.25%
  • Never

9 9.28%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    So release it on Verizon where the new iphone 4 just hit? Or how about ATT with their already iphone user base to go along with a ****load of android devices coming out including the Motorola Atrix(which is gonna be 150-200 and has 1GB and can dock into a desktop like computer and can be bought with a latop skeleton for 499)?????

tmobile is small but you can release for them. Sprint doesnt need to hope, they will get crack at first device release. Now whether there will be 4G on board is another question.. With all this talk about sprint going LTE or even dual wimax/LTE makes sense to skip 4G on sprint at least until they figure out what they are doing
    The situation with Sprint will become clearer, maybe even with the announcement tomorrow. Sprint needs a game changer. No device, or device family, will be sufficient.

Verizon's ads have focused on "the network", which is their biggest differentiator. (They have to justify high consumer prices somehow.) Devices, like iPhone are promoted with that context.

If WiMax isn't the long term answer, I'm hoping Sprint makes its network intentions clear.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Dan Donovan
    Quote Originally Posted by dgdonovan View Post
    The situation with Sprint will become clearer, maybe even with the announcement tomorrow. Sprint needs a game changer. No device, or device family, will be sufficient.

Verizon's ads have focused on "the network", which is their biggest differentiator. (They have to justify high consumer prices somehow.) Devices, like iPhone are promoted with that context.

If WiMax isn't the long term answer, I'm hoping Sprint makes its network intentions clear.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

I am hoping that as well. Dan seems to indicate they plan on using WiMAX as "backhaul" as he says and LTE as well. Maybe they plan on phasing out CDMA with LTE, and use LTE for Voice/Data while WiMAX be for tablets specifically for data? Having two 4G technologies would help relieve your wireless bandwidth.

And I think WebOS will make a home on Sprint, with ATT and Verizon always getting a "Plus" version. I think the Palm Pre 2 was actually passed over by Sprint. Probably because they didn't want their WebOS users to all upgrade to the Palm Pre 2 then want the new HP phone in March - June (whenever it is released).

Also, it will not be released on Verizon first. Think about it. Why would HP release the Pre 2 in Feb and then announce that Verizon is getting the new HP "MYTE" (or whatever it is called)? That would under cut the Palm Pre 2 sales and HP doesn't need that. It be best for ATT and Sprint to get the HP "MYTE" and then later on it goes to Verizon, or something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Juan Juice View Post
    given how great it turned out last time, I'd say sprint won't be geting the first round of new WebOS devices, sprints only hope is HP learns from palms mistake and just puts the phones on all carriers on the same day...
    Sprint has the largest installed Palm user base and the ones with the least recent hardware. Wouldn't logic dictate that Sprint will be next in line?

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Hopefully sprint by early march. sprint premier discount has to be used by march 31st. I'll reup for two years if its a 4"+ high end slab.
    most likely March, given that if a smartphone device is announced, and if we stick to what the CEO states about announcements and product releases I say thats a safe bet. Also with VZ getting the Pre 2 end of this month now, I see sprint right now since nothing new is around the corner for them its a safe bet. Though I would hope a AT&T launch around the same time as well.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    I think April or May. This will be right around the time original Pre owners signed two year contracts and Sprint will want to capture those individuals. I'm pretty sure it will be a 4G phone since Sprint is now charging the $10 premium data to all smart phone users, even those without 4G.
    It's a bummer that Sprint only offers the 1 year upgrades to those that have been with them 10+ years and those that have a base plan of, $89 for single plans and $169 for family plans. I guess I will be forking over much more money every other year to get the latest devices.
    as of now you get the 10 extra charge for any new phone activation so this tells me they wanted this in place now for the new phone coming out in march .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    as of now you get the 10 extra charge for any new phone activation so this tells me they wanted this in place now for the new phone coming out in march .
    Yeah, something like that. I think they wanted to charge the $10 for new activations before their "big" announcement.
    It's going to be before April...my long time Sprint rep assured me I'd be able to get one by my upgrade date on Apr. 1st...
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

it will be in march but its only going to be the small teen phone. Hp isn't going to be able to compete with the high end 3d phones by android that will be presented on sprints feb 7 event.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12