Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    think big = PalmPad
    think small = there was talk about a small phone for teenagers and small fingers
    think beyond = print via bluetooth on new HPalm WebOS printers

what is your best guess?
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 01/05/2011 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Fixed Typo in title
    big=palmpad
    small=phone
    beyond=cloud

beyond may also = "in the coming months"
    Big = Tablet Device
    Small = Smartphone
    Beyond = something that goes around your wrist
    big=palmpad
    small=phone
    beyond=toaster, sorry printer
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Big= PalmPad
    Small= WebOS 2.??
    Beyond= Roadmap for 2011
    ^ this.

I just hope that big and small is multiple models even if only one of each is ready to ship soon.
    BIG: PalmPad
    SMALL: New smartphones, namely the small one they are talking about (but hopefully more)
    BEYOND: Cloud capabilites, future of HP webOS (and subsequent updates), 2011 roadmap, and hopefully more
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Big=Everyone's expectations

Small=What they will actually deliver

Beyond1="If we [HP] write of the Palm acquisition as a loss in Q2, our stock will recover by Q4."

Beyond2="Golden parachute, CEO search committee."

Beyond3="Bear with us a few more months, while Microsoft puts the finishing touches on their ARM port of Windows 7 for tablets while we prepare the hardware."

Taking off my Palm ****** hat for a minute, I have a copier at work that contains a web browser in the color front panel LCD. How many times have you stood in front of a copier and wished that you could surf the web? I thought so. If HP's big announcement is for the proverbial webOS toaster, it would certainly explain the Palm talent exodus being reported here. I'm hoping that they have a huge surprise in store for us in February, because I really like webOS and what Palm has tried to deliver with it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeisnowonfire View Post
    BIG: PalmPad
    SMALL: New smartphones, namely the small one they are talking about (but hopefully more)
    BEYOND: Cloud capabilites, future of HP webOS (and subsequent updates), 2011 roadmap, and hopefully more
    This. Basically what Precentral said. It makes sense.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vreihen View Post
    Big=Everyone's expectations

Small=What they will actually deliver

Beyond1="If we [HP] write of the Palm acquisition as a loss in Q2, our stock will recover by Q4."

Beyond2="Golden parachute, CEO search committee."

Beyond3="Bear with us a few more months, while Microsoft puts the finishing touches on their ARM port of Windows 7 for tablets while we prepare the hardware."

Taking off my Palm ****** hat for a minute, I have a copier at work that contains a web browser in the color front panel LCD. How many times have you stood in front of a copier and wished that you could surf the web? I thought so. If HP's big announcement is for the proverbial webOS toaster, it would certainly explain the Palm talent exodus being reported here. I'm hoping that they have a huge surprise in store for us in February, because I really like webOS and what Palm has tried to deliver with it.....

I agree except

Beyond= far beyond my patience.

I have a launch day Pre and have stuck it out because I love WebOS, but now that I see there won't even be an announcement until Feb. and likely no device for several months beyond that.. I'm going to get an Epic or Evo Shift and check back in a year...
    Big=big hype
    Small=small hope of anything in the next millenium
    Beyond=permission to go get any phone out there.

Time to get serious about hunting for what our next phones will be. My wife's Pre is hurting bad. We were there on launch day. I'm angry and mad they are taking so long. I'm angry and mad that HP is doing all it can to kill Palm & WebOS. But I have to start looking at other options.
    Author of Exch-Calc, Dog Years, Cat Years and all future creations of Pre-zy Software. Available in the Application Catalog.
    Big and small are beyond obvious and give you no new info. "Beyond".....have no idea and don't care. Vague teases would be more exciting if they weren't coming from a company with a solid track record of not delivering delivery dates and stated business goals. I guess that wouldn't apply to HP, but I've seen no clear evidence - aside from branding changes - that they're playing a whole new ballgame.

I'm glad they finally scheduled....something, but I'm looking more forward to MWC than I am this.
    Think big= large slate style phone
    Think small= pixi replacement
    Think beyond= tablets, I'm thinking a smaller one 7" and a larger one 10"

release dates soon to follow since they seem to be done with the original palm roadmap
    I kinda hope that "small" means a wrist watch, like **** Tracy had.

But I'm disappointed that it'll be that many more weeks before we even hear anything, let alone get new hardware. Sigh. Time to seriously shop for Androids. What's good in Sprint's line up?

It's a shame, because really like WebOS. I even like the form factor of the Pre. But I'm a launch-day user, and the phone is still glitchy from having an underpowered processor for what they are trying to do. If the Sprint Pre2 were on sale today, I'd probably just buy it and be satisfied with having second-rate app availability in exchange for a slick phone. But it's not, and it's not clear when/if it will be availble.
    I am with everyone else in terms of being frustrated and wanting a new WebOS phone now but really???

People are on here saying they have a launch day Pre but can't wait one more month to see what is coming out? I have an older Pre with a screwy headphone jack if I have gone this long I can go a few more months.

Also, to the people who feel like the announcement will be a big disappointment, I would like to know what a disappointment is to you. Two new phones and a Pad? One new phone and a Pad? Only a pad? I have a hard time believing, especially with Palm mentioning phones and pads, that there won't be 2 or 3 new devices here. I would even put money that at least three new devices are announced.

Everyone cool out! We have a date for now and that is more than we have had in a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by saluki42 View Post
    I am with everyone else in terms of being frustrated and wanting a new WebOS phone now but really???

People are on here saying they have a launch day Pre but can't wait one more month to see what is coming out? I have an older Pre with a screwy headphone jack if I have gone this long I can go a few more months.

Also, to the people who feel like the announcement will be a big disappointment, I would like to know what a disappointment is to you. Two new phones and a Pad? One new phone and a Pad? Only a pad? I have a hard time believing, especially with Palm mentioning phones and pads, that there won't be 2 or 3 new devices here. I would even put money that at least three new devices are announced.

Everyone cool out! We have a date for now and that is more than we have had in a while.
    I don't think people are frustrated because they have to wait one more month. I think they are frustrated because they have to wait one more month....to find out how many more months they will have to wait for WebOS 2.0 on their devices along with some idea of when new devices will be released on the carrier of their choice.

You can't blame them. The only time HP has broken their absolute silence thus far is to tell us something is coming. This time, the "something" is an event to tell us when other stuff is coming. If nobody had seen WebOS 2.0, this might be a little more revelatory, but essentially people know a tablet and different devices - that will resemble larger phones/slabs - will be running this software that they are already know of.

I think a lot is riding on whatever cloud or content services they will announce to go with the devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    I don't think people are frustrated because they have to wait one more month. I think they are frustrated because they have to wait one more month....to find out how many more months they will have to wait for WebOS 2.0 on their devices along with some idea of when new devices will be released on the carrier of their choice.

You can't blame them. The only time HP has broken their absolute silence thus far is to tell us something is coming. This time, the "something" is an event to tell us when other stuff is coming. If nobody had seen WebOS 2.0, this might be a little more revelatory, but essentially people know a tablet and different devices - that will resemble larger phones/slabs - will be running this software that they are already know of.

I think a lot is riding on whatever cloud or content services they will announce to go with the devices.
    And I get that. I think there will be devices out before the start of May but I also feel the angst as well.

To me, CES is a great way to get media coverage for little cost but if you are a big company (Apple, HP) and can afford a big event all to yourself then I would say that is the way to go, especially if you need to get back in the game.
    +1

At CES you can do a press conference for a short time and the press will have overload from sitting through so many (and they are generally pretty boring). A dedicated event can be an all-day thing, with a fresh audience, entertainment, whatever.
    Big and small are obviously tablets and smartphones respectively.

Beyond can only mean one thing....."the coming months"
    Think big - PalmPad or $ of the PalmPad....
    Think Small - Ultra thin smartphone
    Think Beyond - An Ultra Small and yet surprisingly big toaster.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast