Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by saluki42 View Post
    I am with everyone else in terms of being frustrated and wanting a new WebOS phone now but really???

People are on here saying they have a launch day Pre but can't wait one more month to see what is coming out? I have an older Pre with a screwy headphone jack if I have gone this long I can go a few more months. . .
    I'm not frustrated because I have to wait one more month. I'm frustrated because I've already waited about 9 months past when I would have liked upgraded hardware. Really, I've been frustrated ever since Sprint customers didn't get the option to upgrade to a "plus". And now we have to wait until Feb to find out how much longer we have to wait??

I urged my brother to wait until CES before ditching his Pre, but he gave up on it and bought an Epic. He tells me he doesn't like it, but he just couldn't tolerate the glitchiness of the Pre. :shrug: But if he's even following Pre news any longer, I'm sure he is glad he didn't take my advice, and just went ahead and got a phone he can use.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Think Big - robust product line of webOS devices
    Think Small - tight seamless integration across devices
    Thing Beyond - implementation of a total solution. Cloud Storage, Music Streaming, an iTunes solution (something that integrates many of the "other" acquisitions) that have occurred beyond Palm.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=skutcka;2816127]Think Big - robust product line of webOS devices
    Thing Beyond - implementation of a total solution. Cloud Storage, Music Streaming, an iTunes solution (something that integrates many of the "other" acquisitions) that have occurred beyond Palm.[/QUOTE

all of that can happen. but the "big,small , and beyond" words i think are reffering mainly to devices. for sure a palmpad, a small smartphone(something missing in todays market), a supersmartphone(sized like an iphone?), and beyond, meaning other new devices: touchstones, printers,and...some other new things.
  4. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Think big PROMISES
    Think Small DELIVERY
    Think Beyond 2011
    Big = Tablet Device
    Small = Smartphone
    Beyond = something that goes around your wrist
    +1

I want to see a webOS watch/phone plus tablet combo. do talking on a bluetooth head set

Also, I like the cloud integration stuff as well, maybe add carbonite, tonido, and drop box functionality to webOS, that would be a real dream. Plus ubiquitous computing like Dieter is always talking about, put my phone down to pick up my tablet in exactly the same state. definitely should have persistant data app state across hardware like chrome OS.

+++++++++++++++
    Moderators, could we start weeding out all the repetitive negative comments that are on every single thread? It is really lame and a bit of a joy kill, I hate to see my favorite site highjacked by a handful of vocal people
    +++++++++++++++
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Moderators, could we start weeding out all the repetitive negative comments that are on every single thread? It is really lame and a bit of a joy kill, I hate to see my favorite site highjacked by a handful of vocal people

the more opposition ,the better ! something that nobody cares about, nobody comments. every time they say something negative, is because they are very jealous at us. deep inside ,they know they never should have drop webos. and they cant stand it. thats why they have to keep coming to a blog that "officialy "has nothing to do with them anymore. the same thing happens in every aspect of our lives.doesnt it?
    Quote Originally Posted by saluki42 View Post
    I am with everyone else in terms of being frustrated and wanting a new WebOS phone now but really???

People are on here saying they have a launch day Pre but can't wait one more month to see what is coming out? I have an older Pre with a screwy headphone jack if I have gone this long I can go a few more months.

Also, to the people who feel like the announcement will be a big disappointment, I would like to know what a disappointment is to you. Two new phones and a Pad? One new phone and a Pad? Only a pad? I have a hard time believing, especially with Palm mentioning phones and pads, that there won't be 2 or 3 new devices here. I would even put money that at least three new devices are announced.

Everyone cool out! We have a date for now and that is more than we have had in a while.
    I agree with you there... Grants the only way my phone works now is by using "The Ghastly Headset" App to even use the phone as well... A phone. But lets all chill and wait till Feb. 9th! If we don't like what we see then we can leave but we have to at least see what they will offer!!
    Big= PalmPad 9" - 10"
    Small= Palm Pre 3.7" - 4.5" slab
    Beyond=Cloud, Big integrates with small, like all Apple devises.(Also can be webOS 3.0 and beyond)

Palm / HP will integrate all devises, phones, cloud, pads and printers.

This way if you have picture on phone you can automatically send it to cloud, palmPad and your printer. Or if you are reading a book on palmPad and you want to continue to read it on your phone or even on your computer. Seamless integration across the board.
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    On the announcement for February - Does anyone think there will there be a new WebOS phone for Sprint? My Pre is barely hanging on, but I just can't give up WebOS.

Thanks!!!
    What if this whole crusade's a charade? -Trent Reznor
    NINherd,

No phone for Sprint has yet been announced or leaked, we will have to wait until the Feb announcement. Good luck in hanging on until then.
    Nothing yet, and nothing will be at this CES event either. Palm / HP will be having its own event in Feb. They want to be like Apple and MS. All we can do till then is speculate what will be coming down the pipe. I am sure that Palm has a flagship phone coming to Sprint, what it looks likes and what it will be is anyone guess. But by looking what is going on at CES right now, all upcoming phones will have dual cpu, so lets hope the new pre will have dual cpu with 1.2 - 1.5 speeds.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=shloime;2816232]
    Quote Originally Posted by skutcka View Post
    Think Big - robust product line of webOS devices
    Thing Beyond - implementation of a total solution. Cloud Storage, Music Streaming, an iTunes solution (something that integrates many of the "other" acquisitions) that have occurred beyond Palm.[/QUOTE

all of that can happen. but the "big,small , and beyond" words i think are reffering mainly to devices. for sure a palmpad, a small smartphone(something missing in todays market), a supersmartphone(sized like an iphone?), and beyond, meaning other new devices: touchstones, printers,and...some other new things.
    shloime, I hear what you are saying and if it was still 'just' Palm that's what I would expect. However, with HP I've raised the bar. I know there's a phone or two, I know there will be a palmpad or whatever they call it. I want and 'solutions'... we'll see.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    whatever it is , I think we all agree is going to rock n roll BIG TIME ,right?
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    think big = We've got a big problem. We're not ready for CES this year.
    think small = webOS market share is getting smaller by the month with no products on the shelves.
    think beyond = iOS and Android may be beyond our reach at this point.
    have you said one positive thing about Palm or webOS anytime recently? your posts seem to be filled with anti-Palm nonsense as of late.

i have a better site for you: www.androidcentral.com
    Maybe "Think Small" is the watch...

After all, there seems to be much to-do over Casio's watch
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsetter883 View Post
    have you said one positive thing about Palm or webOS anytime recently? your posts seem to be filled with anti-Palm nonsense as of late.

i have a better site for you: www.androidcentral.com
    Ah... Finally, someone says it. If I had said that I probably would have got flamed. Thanks.

Also, think big has to deal with more than just hardware.

Small has to deal with some type of record for smartphone thin-ness/compactness, maybe a flexible screen.

And beyond is just whatever else they'll come up with that they haven't yet.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by conozo View Post
    Think big= large slate style phone
    Think small= pixi replacement
    Think beyond= tablets, I'm thinking a smaller one 7" and a larger one 10"...
    I'm in your camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by shloime View Post
    whatever it is , I think we all agree is going to rock n roll BIG TIME ,right?
    im not too sure anymore. android seems to be steeling the show right now. hp/palm need to get their rears in gear here.
    It's been said on here already, but HP is going to have to produce something that just doesn't fall in line with every other product. Their devices will have to absolutely WOW people and the media. I don't think a product comparable to the new Motorola Xoom will do it to be honest. There has to be more if HP wants to cut into this market share.

There is a major topic I haven't seen in my brief browsing of this thread. HP webOS needs APPS...PERIOD! Some new concept or new trickery with their hardware (which needs to be "not just another tablet") as well as an army of devs creating apps.

This is my prediction. It is based on what I would think needs to happen for HP to gain some market.

think big = Some new device(s) with HP's bendable OLED screen which will allow for an expandable tablet size that can fold or compact into your coat pocket or backpack (Student version?). They already claimed the "Palmpad" will be the thinnest tablet. Of course this would have to have WOW specs. I've also had the idea they could release something with the bendable technology that doubles as a phone in small form factor and expands to the tab size. It will have to be something of this EPIC nature.

think small = We've all seen the picture of Phil M. and the watch area blacked out. That will be cool and all but the question is...what can you do with it? I think it has to be a fully functional interconnected device that comes with a Bluetooth headset. Also there needs to be 2+ phones of different form factors that simply WOW with some new twist of technology.

think beyond = HP has said they moved significant resources (people/devs) into the Palm/Mobile Division. I think they will announce that with the release of webOS 2.0 will be the release of App Catalog 2.0. What's the difference from the current one? The new one has been populated by THOUSANDS of high quality applications all home grown from HP. I mean 20k + apps available that fully utilize whatever hardware HP releases (camera, mic, interconnectivity, etc). Also they need to announce that they have recruited all of the major mobile app devs to convert their apps for webOS. Something like this will need to happen. Also SPRINT needs to be mentioned. If not, bye bye for a lot of people. They should also mention every carrier to be honest.

Release date of the first device = March (Depending on HP's fiscal year it coule be April or July.)

Who knows if any of this is remotely close, but I think it really needs to be in order for HP to gain the market share they want.

P.S. They should launch the "Palm Legacy Rewards Program." This will reward current Pre and Pixi users with their new "small" device like the watch.......for FREE as a token of appreciation. It can be "with purchase of XXXX phone." Whatever....just give us something PAAAAAAAAAAALLMM!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    im not too sure anymore. android seems to be steeling the show right now. hp/palm need to get their rears in gear here.
    you think so? Even android fans are not impressed with 3.0, and state it looks messy, with everything all over the place. To me its the same ole show same type of slab devices, from a dozen different companys, running a different version of android, a minor spec bump here and there, with their diff skin ontop. I think the wow factor from android is gone, and it comes down to now if the competiton can present something that will take away from android all together. Also did anyone see the playbook again in action, even engadget says Palm should sue. Though looking at the UI and how they do it looks like a cheap bad immitation of webos. Its very choppy, non responsive, and very ugly I dont think HP needs to take any legal action if they release a finished webos tablet it will murder that thing.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast