1.    #1  
    I know this may be a longshot, but my Pre+ is starting to crap on me and I was wondering what are the chances that Verizon would replace it with a Pre 2 (when/if they get it)?

I've read multiple in multiple threads that companies may eventually allow an exchange for a comparable product, but do you think that they would do the same with a Pre and Pre 2?

The problems I'm running into is a messed up headphone jack (doesn't give a strong, consistent connection) and buttons that occasionally stop working. They're not total game breakers, but I'm starting to get tired of the hardware (yes, I know I'm preaching to the choir). My battery is utter crap now, but that may be caused by overclocking and what not, so I'll put that on me.

As a day 1 Pre+ owner, I'd love to stick with webOS, but would rather not get a replacement or refurbed Pre1.
    I'd say no chance whatsoever. It isn't available from VZW yet.

If it were, the only time the consider swapping to a different phone is when a phone is still under warranty and has been replaced multiple times. After a few times, they will sometimes offer to let you have something else - usually at the upgrade price without changing your upgrade date.

Every now and then they will swap something strait across if there is a long history of problems and a really unhappy customer.

Personally, I hope they just offer the Pre2 to any Pre Plus user for the upgrade price with no change in contract date. I'd see that as more than fair if I could grab a Pre2 for around $99, use my Pre Plus as wifi only, and still have upgrade eligibility later this year...

...and think of all the money VZW would safe in support costs and replacements for hardware issues! ;-)
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lingo View Post
    I know this may be a longshot, but my Pre+ is starting to crap on me and I was wondering what are the chances that Verizon would replace it with a Pre 2 (when/if they get it)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I'd say no chance whatsoever. It isn't available from VZW yet.
    I haven't done any replacements, but I have a buddy who might be able to pull some strings...may have to ponder that later down the line.

On another note, I would love if they let us do an early replacement, depending on the February announcements.

Thanks for the response!

On another other note: I wonder what it would take to trick a Wal Mart employee into thinking that I'm actually replacing a Pre 2 instead of a Pre Plus...
    Last edited by Mr. Lingo; 01/04/2011 at 03:47 PM.
    Your chances are Slim and None; and Slim just walked out the door.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lingo View Post
    On another other note: I wonder what it would take to trick a Wal Mart employee into thinking that I'm actually replacing a Pre 2 instead of a Pre Plus...
    Naughty... naughty... lucky for you it's after Christmas or there might be ashes in your stocking!
    Verizon just gave me a replacement plus for my plus with the keyboard [keys sticking] issue. It was a Jan 2010 pre+.

But I have heard that they have a lemon policy. That is, if you're having really bad luck getting a good replacement that works, they will sometimes upgrade you to the next better phone.

Once it's in full release, maybe if you are having to continually replace your phone, maybe they'll upgrade you???
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy