Page 8 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858 ... LastLast
Like Tree168Likes
    Perhaps you have some facts that contradict my experiences? Or are you just going to remain dismissive?
    If I show up at your door, chances are you did something to bring me there.
    If summer means june, it's okay. If summer means September, then not.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    Nice long opinion, which is basically all this post is.
    His opinion is very accurate. I deal with a lot of different people who ask questions about what they need or want. I have one older co-worker/friend who is perfectly fine with a feature phone and quite bluntly says he doesn't need anything else. He even makes fun of us that do. His attitude is quite common. The majority of people don't care about the specs, they care about what the phone does for them. My wife doesn't give 2 schnitts about the specs in her BB phone. She only cares what it does for her.

It amazes me how often the tech community gets this thought pattern about everyone else caring as much about the specs as they do. That opinion is completely wrong. It just is.
    Quote Originally Posted by falconrap View Post
    His opinion is very accurate. I deal with a lot of different people who ask questions about what they need or want. I have one older co-worker/friend who is perfectly fine with a feature phone and quite bluntly says he doesn't need anything else. He even makes fun of us that do. His attitude is quite common. The majority of people don't care about the specs, they care about what the phone does for them. My wife doesn't give 2 schnitts about the specs in her BB phone. She only cares what it does for her.

It amazes me how often the tech community gets this thought pattern about everyone else caring as much about the specs as they do. That opinion is completely wrong. It just is.
    I'd say a few things to this.

This is changing. As companies like Verizon continue to push spec commercials with megapixels and 1ghz claims and as Apple pushes retina display and other features people are more aware of what phones are made up of or can do. Additionally people that don't care and stick to feature phones won't suddenly jump to a Pre3 (or even a Veer - see the Kin pricing problem) so that's a little irrelevant to the smartphone wars.

Maybe the masses won't say "Wait wait wait! iPhone 4 has a hummingbird processor, what does this have?" but it's not crazy for them to say "Is this as good as the iPhone's retina display" or "Is this camera as good as the Droid-of-the-week?"

They'll get a no answer and that is how they will spec shop without actually spec shopping.
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    Nice long opinion, which is basically all this post is.
    It's Precentral's forums, 99.5% of what is posted here is nothing more then opinion. If you are looking for only facts the internet may not be the place for you.

I just bumped it up to 99.5001%
    Apps:

Turn the Dial Radio Directory (Phones)
    8-bit Miner (TouchPad)
    Turn the Dial Digital Edition (TouchPad)
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Blank View Post
    Perhaps you have some facts that contradict my experiences? Or are you just going to remain dismissive?
    Come on now, you gave no facts,, you gave opinions based on your experiences. Lets not jump on someone for having there own opinion.

Evo-lution
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    Well Played, good sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by imgreenlantern2 View Post
    Oops on the post. My question is this Mr. Cantaffordit. Is this plan Palm will finalize for making things right for everyone a reaction to the horrific decisions to delay the new products until summer, or is your response in response to something else?

What you are saying to me is HP/Palm has realized that "they dun it again", and they've got to come up with a plan to save their $1 billion dollar investment.
    I'm not sure I understand the question. What I am trying to convey is that Palm understands that the timing of this is terrible because most users don't have a reasonable alternative because the Pre2 isn't being offered by US carriers (vzw starts on the 12th) and the new phones won't be available for a while.

At&T users can spend over $400 for an unlocked phone, Verizon users can burn their upgrade on a Pre2 a few months before the good stuff starts to arrive, and Sprint users... have to leave Sprint or dump webOS. And users outside the USA are no better off.

Palm know that. They expressed to me directly that they didn't feel good about this. Several openly expressed that they were pushing for Palm to do something to improve the situation. Palm has tweeted and bogged that they are working on a plan. Personally, I think they need to make the Pre2 (or Veer?) available for a low upgrade price without affecting anyone's renewal date.

So, my point is that the video in the OP implies that Palm is thumbing their nose at current users. Palm is known for good customer service, and they are openly acknowledging a problem they are actively working to solve in a way that will satisfy users.

Assuming they come up with a good plan, the video wont be accurately reflecting Palm's attitude. Does that clarify things for you?
    For the record the video is more so a commentary on how the Pre is seen as tainted, playing-it-safe-specs and bad timing (and how that timing will affect said specs), lack of surprise despite their "Think you saw it all on Engadget? Think again!" teaser and Apotheker's odd lie rather than them leaving Sprint users behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by imgreenlantern2 View Post

All I have to say is this is exactly what I've been saying the whole time. Everyone forward this to Joe Rubenstein. Of all the people in the world HE NEEDS TO SEE THIS!
    I'll agree, the post says it all, and is probably typical of most of the complainers.

Ranting and raving, and totally lacking in the ability to voice legitimate concerns in a mature and thoughtful way.

Yep, says it all.
    This was just posted to twitter by Palm:

@Adora Guys, no OTA for legacy devices does NOT necessarily mean you're never getting 2.0. We're still working to do right by you.
    7:14 PM Feb 9th via Bad Kitty
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    Wow, and nary a Between E and G word in it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Blank View Post
    ...By and large, people don't care.
    Anyone that doubts this, I have a challenge for you. Pick 20 people at random (be honest and make sure it's random, you're the only one that's going to know the results anyone). Ask those 20 people what the processor speed is on their phone.

They don't know. They don't care.
    Quote Originally Posted by Billionaire View Post
    Why are you being so vague? Why not mention what these reasons actually were that made it such an "understandable," "necessary," "impressive" decision.
    Possibly, some of the folks that know the answers to your questions are under an NDA.

I know, I know, crazy thought, but stranger things have happened.
    NSFW
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    LMAO

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    This was just posted to twitter by Palm:

@Adora Guys, no OTA for legacy devices does NOT necessarily mean you're never getting 2.0. We're still working to do right by you.
    7:14 PM Feb 9th via Bad Kitty
    WebOSRoundup.com has posted several very clear and understandable reasons why an over the air (OTA) update would be a poor decision, and in some cases disastrous. They obtained their information from an HP representative.

Here is but one of the 3 reasons they gave:

"The OTA update is difficult because the OS has grown larger and they would likely need to repartition the device, causing a wipe of the media partition, and you canít do that OTA if you want happy customers. This is why the webOS Doctor idea may end up being the better solution for those who do want 2.x on their older devices, but isnít something the average Joe would do."

source: Making the Case: Why HP isnít allowing OTA updates (and why we think itís a good thing) | webOSroundup
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    Well, I think that it is obvious by all of the facts put on display in this thread that HP hates webOS users, and would prefer them to all move to Android, WP7, and iOS.

lolwut?
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    If summer means june, it's okay. If summer means September, then not.
    by the way hp is moving summer means december.
    hp is going to get kill with all of the android super phones that is coming out, and coming out soon, plus iPhone 5 is around the conner, what the hell was hp thinking.
Page 8 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858 ... LastLast