Page 7 of 62 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 1235
Like Tree168Likes
  1. #121  
    Then they should have done what they said they would do and not release anything until it was ready. I feel their hypocrisy will be the products downfall.
  2.    #122  
    Yah.. ok.
  3. #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    this has been posted several time, funny, but not overly accurate once palm finalizes a plan for making thing right for everyone.
    Well we don't know how satisfying their special fix will be. Early upgrades for people would be awesome but if it's something like a modest credit than it's another story.

    I think HP is smart and has a plan. Additionally the whole issue isn't that products aren't out now - they have time to get customers whenever they launch. They still have to look at a big picture - i.e. they've announced specs that are competitive today that may not be in 5 months.

    We'll see. I think they still have a shot but their timeline isn't ideal.
  4. #124  
    Exactly! The average consumer looks at cell phone specs like they are buying a computer. I want the fastest processor, the most memory, the most RAM, the best graphics, etc. If you aren't at the top you will get looked by by 50% of the public imho.

    If Pre 3 was coming out this month or next month, it would sell like hot cakes. August its going to struggle.
  5. yoshivan's Avatar
    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    #125  
    I had to do something about no more updates for Pre. heres what I wrote to CEO.

    "http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/execteam/email/ceo/index.html"

    "Hello Mr.Apotheker. I am writing this to express how much I was disappointed and felt anger after knowing HP is not giving anymore updates to Pre, the smartphone.

    I am the one of thousands that fell in love with the 1st Pre when its came out. Paid 300 CAD with 3 years contract, which is almost free phone now. Had to buy protectors to keep the phone clean, bought a bigger battery because OEM one did not last even a day for my needs. Spend a lot of time to make Pre to suit for my use, spend a lot time to give feedback on precentral.net and such... It's just HOURS of times! besides I had to pay another 150 CAD for replacement to new phone by getting "Phantom touch screen issue" . I was so mad to pay EVEN MORE for the hardware failure that I never caused ! But I cooled down and excited when I heard the news that webOS 2.0 was coming soon. But NO 2.0 for us!?!?


    You have built new Pre2 and even 3 based on all the feedbacks we all the 1st Pre user provided!! and NOW you are saying no more updates for 1st Pre!?!?!? Does this make any sense to you???

    YOU, HP HAS JUST ABANDONED US!!
    WE WERE USED AS GUINEA PIGS !!





    Thanks for reading.


    Regards





    Y.O
    Vancouver, Canada "






    Easy on me if you find mistakes. Eng is my 2nd language....
  6. #126  
    the phone was never 300. It was 200.00 with a 3 year. ( I know, I got it august 27th/ day one)
  7.    #127  
    <<merged>>
  8. #128  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    <<merged>>
    Yesssss! Merge'em all!
  9. #129  
    Joe Rubenstein? Who's he?
  10.    #130  
    The sense of Entitlement in this industry never ceases to amaze me. We have a printer from another company that is 2 years old and is not supported any longer for software updates. Should I rant and rage about being abandoned by them? No, because I purchased a printer for a purpose and it is now old technology. Why do people feel like they were 'abandoned' or lied to by a company because their OLD hardware simply doesn't have the power to handle newer software. It's the nature of the beast when it comes to electronics. /amazement.
  11. sphere79's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    #131  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Why do people feel like they were 'abandoned' or lied to by a company because their OLD hardware simply doesn't have the power to handle newer software.
    Uhhh, I dunno, maybe because we were told last month we'd be getting the updates? Maybe because everyone and their mother KNOWS they actually CAN run webOS 2.0 (especially the pluses) quite well and there are a bunch of videos and discussion from testers to show that.

    I think the question is why anybody would purchase ANY future webOS product knowing fair well that no matter what HP tells you, it's possible they might only support the hardware for a year or two and then force you to upgrade hardware to get a new OS.

    How is every webOS fan not up in arms between the multitude of delays and broken promises and now the nail-in-the-coffin "big" announcement on the 9th? Short of HP buying me a Pre2 (and no, I will not extend my contract) I am done with webOS with my next upgrade. The only positive in this mess is that I can now be free of all the delays, missing functionality, small app catalog and crap hardware of the past. I know I will be likely moving to something Android based, and while I will miss the slick interface I will finally be free of the "coming months" shackles of HP and webOS.

    YOU GET NOTHING! You lose HP! Good day sir........
  12. AdmiralMVP's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    #132  
    <<quoted post now deleted>>

    Uh, look again ... I've been a member for over a year. And yes, being on VZW, that was right after launch day on The Big Red. So you could say that I've been quite the lurker on here (for about a year before that even), but I check PreCentral every day for news and such. It's a great site and great community and I'll continue to visit to check up on how things are going.

    I've confirmed my suspicions that webOS truly does have a cult following -- leave and express your dissatisfaction by moving to another platform, and the inevitable "don't let the door hit ya" comments start flowing. That wasn't the intent of my rare post.

    I wish HP the best, but fear the worst. It's too bad that the best mobile OS is in the hands of such poor businesspeople.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 02/12/2011 at 08:37 AM.
  13. #133  
    I am a longtime user/owner of many Palm products... I've hung in there with Palm, longer than some of you have been able to wipe your own butts....

    With everything that has happened, I simply cannot stand it anymore. All of this has left me feeling like a WebOS cheerleader who got punch-drunk on the Apotheker "Cool-Aid" and now feel used like HP's "team-wh*re" the morning after the big game...

    I honestly can not believe that there are still people in the "Palm Loyalty Cult" that feel OK with this whole debacle... Unless you are employed by HP-Palm or make a living off their success as an app developer... I can not possibly see how you can defend them after this?!?!?!

    Unless HP does something to Really, Really impress me in the new few weeks, I will leave and never look back... Sure the "New" products look awesome but, its seemingly more of the "all show and no go"... and all done with a nice wet "warm-slap"... Their announcement of no 2.0 update, no serious future OTA updates for "legacy products" (barely a year for some owners), or even the long promised "Flash" update, makes this THE biggest kick in the teeth.... As another blogger posted, its like Chevy Chase's line in Christmas Vacation when he finds out that there's no X-mas Bonus... all he got was a stupid "Jelly of the Month"... and I fear that is exactly what HP's response will be for us.
    "Palm, Productivity in Your's..."

    God Bless and Travel Well!

    Prius, Proof that People Will Buy Anything... Baaaa!
  14. #134  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    The sense of Entitlement in this industry never ceases to amaze me. We have a printer from another company that is 2 years old and is not supported any longer for software updates. Should I rant and rage about being abandoned by them? No, because I purchased a printer for a purpose and it is now old technology. Why do people feel like they were 'abandoned' or lied to by a company because their OLD hardware simply doesn't have the power to handle newer software. It's the nature of the beast when it comes to electronics. /amazement.
    HP still occasionally provides updates for my laptop.
    There are also other companies who update older hardware because they want to keep their consumer base consistent.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  15. #135  
    A friend of mine just sent me the link to this youtube video today. I was gonna post it, but naturally, it's already posted...

    However much I was rooting for Palm/HP, this video resonated very, very strongly for me.

    At this point, I rather feel like someone who's been lied to and disappointed too many times. I still have hope for them, but feel like a dupe in having that hope.
  16. #136  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    imagreenlantern2,

    I get your skepticism... but your analysis is way off. Cantaffordit and I had the chance to drill a VP about this at the show and there were very good, and quite understandable reasons for delaying the actual launch. Honestly, I was a bit perturbed about this when I first heard it, but after our conversation and seeing the 'larger picture' behind the scenes - it was a necessary thing. As long as they can stay with their timeline, they didn't "dun it again" as you say. But there are some very smart people at HP and Palm who made some tough and impressive decisions. It isn't Palms desire to wait for a release, but it was due to many factors that together made the decision a smart (albeit unpopular) move.
    Could you perhaps share the reasoning and factors that gave you reason to believe that they know what they are doing and that convinced you to see their choices here are necessary?
  17. #137  
    Last edited by warlord9159; 02/12/2011 at 07:04 PM.
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

  18. #138  
    Quote Originally Posted by imgreenlantern2 View Post
    Exactly! The average consumer looks at cell phone specs like they are buying a computer. I want the fastest processor, the most memory, the most RAM, the best graphics, etc. If you aren't at the top you will get looked by by 50% of the public imho.
    By your logic, Alienware should have bought Dell, not the other way around.

    I've spent much of the last 20 years helping people pick out computers. No, I'm not in sales. I've sent some people to HP, some to Dell, and some to others. Their question is never, "What is the fastest out there?" Instead, it is, "What do I need?" My girlfriend asked this question a couple of months ago, and she's playing on a Sandy Bridge Core i5 with 4GB, a 460GT video card, and a motherboard that allows the option for another 460GT should she go with it. Another friend got a similar setup but with a smaller motherboard and no video card because the Core i5's video is sufficient for Office, movies, and simple games. Many other friends have gotten computers at wide ranges from the very simple and inexpensive to very high-end based on what they needed, not what the top of the line was.

    Similarly, people don't want the fastest, biggest, highest-storage phones around. They want one that will work for them. I know a number of people who get feature phones because they don't feel the need for anything more. My girlfriend is one of them -- or was until she saw the interaction between the TouchPad and the Pre3. Now she wants the combination, but she does not want just the Pre3. She uses my Pre on occasion. She likes the size and finds some of the features vaguely interesting, but it isn't a complete enough solution for her.

    Those who have been scoffing at the specs and claiming that the average Joe on the streets care as much as they do are living in their own little world. Verizon and AT&T sell a ton of phones that aren't at the peak of specs. Most people want features, battery life, and smoothness. If someone can figure out how to give them features they want on a 100MHz/16MB phone, they'll get that. If it takes a 1GHz phone with 512MB, they'll use that.

    By and large, people don't care.
    If I show up at your door, chances are you did something to bring me there.
  19. #139  
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Blank View Post
    By your logic, Alienware should have bought Dell, not the other way around.

    I've spent much of the last 20 years helping people pick out computers. No, I'm not in sales. I've sent some people to HP, some to Dell, and some to others. Their question is never, "What is the fastest out there?" Instead, it is, "What do I need?" My girlfriend asked this question a couple of months ago, and she's playing on a Sandy Bridge Core i5 with 4GB, a 460GT video card, and a motherboard that allows the option for another 460GT should she go with it. Another friend got a similar setup but with a smaller motherboard and no video card because the Core i5's video is sufficient for Office, movies, and simple games. Many other friends have gotten computers at wide ranges from the very simple and inexpensive to very high-end based on what they needed, not what the top of the line was.

    Similarly, people don't want the fastest, biggest, highest-storage phones around. They want one that will work for them. I know a number of people who get feature phones because they don't feel the need for anything more. My girlfriend is one of them -- or was until she saw the interaction between the TouchPad and the Pre3. Now she wants the combination, but she does not want just the Pre3. She uses my Pre on occasion. She likes the size and finds some of the features vaguely interesting, but it isn't a complete enough solution for her.

    Those who have been scoffing at the specs and claiming that the average Joe on the streets care as much as they do are living in their own little world. Verizon and AT&T sell a ton of phones that aren't at the peak of specs. Most people want features, battery life, and smoothness. If someone can figure out how to give them features they want on a 100MHz/16MB phone, they'll get that. If it takes a 1GHz phone with 512MB, they'll use that.

    By and large, people don't care.
    Nice long opinion, which is basically all this post is.
  20. #140  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    imagreenlantern2,

    I get your skepticism... but your analysis is way off. Cantaffordit and I had the chance to drill a VP about this at the show and there were very good, and quite understandable reasons for delaying the actual launch. Honestly, I was a bit perturbed about this when I first heard it, but after our conversation and seeing the 'larger picture' behind the scenes - it was a necessary thing. As long as they can stay with their timeline, they didn't "dun it again" as you say. But there are some very smart people at HP and Palm who made some tough and impressive decisions. It isn't Palms desire to wait for a release, but it was due to many factors that together made the decision a smart (albeit unpopular) move.
    Why are you being so vague? Why not mention what these reasons actually were that made it such an "understandable," "necessary," "impressive" decision.
Page 7 of 62 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions