Page 6 of 62 FirstFirst 12345678910111656 ... LastLast
Like Tree168Likes
    buh bye! (waits for thread to be merged)
    Android is pretty good. It is not as fun as webos but it will get you buy until Hp releases something new and you can come back to WebOs. I have the android now and like it pretty well. The amount of apps on it is nice. Multi-tasking is not my favorite thing but it works well enough. Lets just hope that HP gets things in order so we can go back to using WebOS!
    Shorter line for us.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmbrubak View Post
    Whatever. I stood up to my iphone friends for months and months and praised WebOS...but this is just terrible business. Pre3 is uninspired design and unexciting. I am not complaining, just stating a fact. I've been following precentral since I got my Pre+ and think it is a great community. I think HP/Palm really insulted their loyal customer base and so I am not sticking with them. Not trying to be a jerk (like you). Just making my point.
    Yeah the design is not anything "New" but did you watch the engadget videos. I was actually kind of impressed with the way it looks and it's thinness. I didn't appreciate it at all until watching it on video. But I like the original pre as well so that helps. If you didn't necessarily care for the original Pre but liked webos this is probably not the phone for you LOL. That being said I do wish a slab(besides the touchpad) had been shown but I don't want to start another thread about that. LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by weenarz1176 View Post
    EVO ain't that great. Big, bloated, software glitches more than the Pre's, phone doesn't ring half the time. UI is fugly and inconsistent. Battery life equally bad. I live in Overland Park, KS - where Sprint has its HQ - and NEVER use 4G because of lack of reception and unimpressive speeds. Miss having gestures on my phone. Sure it is faster, has more apps, more core functionality. But it's overhyped.
    The gesture area is going away in webOS by this fall. Sorry.

You have a bad phone. Call Sprint and demand a replacement. When you get the replacement, the reception will be dramatically better than the Pre and it will almost never miss a call unless you truly have no signal.

If it were not for the reception issues, I would say to follow the steps in the Extend Your Battery - Speed Up Your Phone to find what app is killing your phone. But the reception issue clearly marks this as a defective phone.
    Just wanted to say thank you, Precentral, for the continued excellent work you do for the WebOS community. I have gained a lot from being on this site.

For me, it's now on to AndroidCentral! See you there!
    zzzzzzz, don't leave the light on
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    zzzzzzz, don't leave the light on
    haha. nah, I deleted that app long ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon no h View Post
    Just wanted to say thank you, Precentral, for the continued excellent work you do for the WebOS community. I have gained a lot from being on this site.

For me, it's now on to AndroidCentral! See you there!
    I think you will find it doesn't feel the same over at AndroidCentral. Least I did. I never really got into it over there. I keep an eye out here for news and all that and post my opinion when I feel like babbling. So there is no need to leave even if you have switched over there is nothing in the rules about having to actively use a webos device!
    make sure you close the door in ur way out!
    There are actually quite a few of us that have switched, but still here at PC.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    There are actually quite a few of us that have switched, but still here at PC.

Sent from my eVo
    Yes there are. I stick around for the news. Since I don't have an official Android phone, Android Central doesn't offer me much. XDA is my second home now.

Swyped from my HTC HD2 (CM7)
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    <merged>
    Quote Originally Posted by spectre686 View Post
    I think you will find it doesn't feel the same over at AndroidCentral. Least I did. I never really got into it over there. I keep an eye out here for news and all that and post my opinion when I feel like babbling. So there is no need to leave even if you have switched over there is nothing in the rules about having to actively use a webos device!
    Good points, spectre686. I do like it here. And I still have my original PRE still going strong. I just think for my next phone (whenever that may be) I will switch OS.
    Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    buh bye! (waits for thread to be merged)
    your wait is over

<<merged>>
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    Shorter line for us.
    Was it ever long? I don't think it can get any shorter.

Moderator note: Warning--this video is not safe for work! And you might want to have the volume way down if your kids are around.

All I have to say is this is exactly what I've been saying the whole time. Everyone forward this to Joe Rubenstein. Of all the people in the world HE NEEDS TO SEE THIS!
    Last edited by jbg7474; 02/13/2011 at 06:47 AM. Reason: Added moderator warning
    this has been posted several time, funny, but not overly accurate once palm finalizes a plan for making thing right for everyone.
    Oops on the post. My question is this Mr. Cantaffordit. Is this plan Palm will finalize for making things right for everyone a reaction to the horrific decisions to delay the new products until summer, or is your response in response to something else?

What you are saying to me is HP/Palm has realized that "they dun it again", and they've got to come up with a plan to save their $1 billion dollar investment.
  20.    #120  
    imagreenlantern2,

I get your skepticism... but your analysis is way off. Cantaffordit and I had the chance to drill a VP about this at the show and there were very good, and quite understandable reasons for delaying the actual launch. Honestly, I was a bit perturbed about this when I first heard it, but after our conversation and seeing the 'larger picture' behind the scenes - it was a necessary thing. As long as they can stay with their timeline, they didn't "dun it again" as you say. But there are some very smart people at HP and Palm who made some tough and impressive decisions. It isn't Palms desire to wait for a release, but it was due to many factors that together made the decision a smart (albeit unpopular) move.