Page 52 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2424748495051525354555657 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1235
Like Tree168Likes
    You broke your silence for that?.......You didn't even break the back cover!!
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    fxspec06 and GreenHex like this.
    Ohhh the humanity!!!!!!!
    fxspec06 likes this.
    Shouldn't this be in the "Goodbye!" thread?
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

sledge007 likes this.
    oh, and you spelled "misery" wrong
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by itchyarmadillo View Post
    ............I put it out of it's misury
    LOL, I felt like that sometimes, too. Though I never did it.
    <threads merged>

Felt like that myself on more than one occasion with my Pre-, mainly the simple fact that I didn't want to pay for another phone kept me from doing it, then I figured it out, and made it work.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    yep the pre- made me more than a little mad several times !! then i moved on to the pre2 and pre3 and never looked back!!! but remember this ! any and every phone is going to frustrate you!! i promise !! just remember what i have just said when it happens !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    So upgrade with Verizon is here in 1 month. And I think its time to head out. I love the pre and everything it does, but I hate the pre for everything it doesn't do. I Don't want to switch to a iphone 4s but seeing the apps and everything you can do with it..... Man.. I gotta switch. I wish hp had more support for this device.... But you can only wish.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Nokia 3210 > TRACPHONE? > SAMSUNG E330 > HTC DASH > LG VX8350 > PALM PRE+ > HP PRE3 VZW

Yes, the HP PRE 3 is amazing, Yes its fast, Yes it was a dumb move for HP to cancel it, YES its worth the price, If you have been reading this so far, you should have one sitting on your computer desk next to you, smiling. Enjoying the best purchase ever.
  9.    #1029  
    Until new hardware comes out someday... someday... <sigh>, I think many are in your shoes. There is a thread discussing the apps you can add to the iPhone to make it more webOS'y

Perhaps this will help you until we see what the future holds:
    http://forums.webosnation.com/other-...nto-webos.html
    W00sh likes this.
    Its gotten so pathetic thanks to hp that we aren't even seeing many good bye posts on webosnation...people are just leaving.

Damn you Leo, damn you.
    C-Note and spherelander like this.
    Maybe nobody is leaving anymore..
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Maybe everyone has already left.

Sent from a Motorola-Photon using TapTalk for Android
    spherelander likes this.
    It's hard to stay a webOS guy.. but when you realize that the iphone doesn't have true multi tasking.. it makes it really hard to go IOS..

I say this because I was trying to play a youtube music video the other day on the Ipad as I surfed the ipad for other things to do.. and well, needless to say it wasn't possible. Had to use pandora instead.. .. can't pick the song on pandora guys! sucked

Anyway.. I'm trying to stay WebOS.. Plan on buying a Pre3 for verizon and coughing up the money.. They are 500 bucks on ebay.. Not a good price, but something I can save for..

So in the end.. Yeah, most people have already left
    It's hard to stay a webOS guy.. but when you realize that the iphone doesn't have true multi tasking.. it makes it really hard to go IOS..

I say this because I was trying to play a youtube music video the other day on the Ipad as I surfed the ipad for other things to do.. and well, needless to say it wasn't possible. Had to use pandora instead.. .. can't pick the song on pandora guys! sucked

Anyway.. I'm trying to stay WebOS.. Plan on buying a Pre3 for verizon and coughing up the money.. They are 500 bucks on ebay.. Not a good price, but something I can save for..

So in the end.. Yeah, most people have already left
    Hey, I'm still here :-) still enjoying my Pre 3 and my TouchPad.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    I have held on, and in love with my original lauch Palm Pre now, for almost 4 years. I have loved this forum, from the early days and have spent countless wonderful hours learning this wonderful OS, tweaking, adding, getting deep into the guts and just loving this phone more than any other I have ever had.

I SOO wanted WebOs to make it, and for whatever reasons of the universe it was not launched , or marketed, or whatever, strong enough to fight the tide of iOs and AndroidOS. And in my heart of hearts will remain the superior OS, in terms of ease, navigation, and just its whole idea.

But, sadly, the time has come , with a heavy heart for me to part with Pre. With all the things now soo cool, and functional on Android, such as the ability to easily stream my entire 10, 000 song music collection, on a phone via Google Play Music, and of corse Kindle, and just so many other things.

I had an opportunity to take over my sons Nexus S, when he joined the other lemmings and got an Iphone (something I will never EVER do, for SOOO many reasons). I am having fun with it, and loving the music and Kindle and other fun new things, but it sure is not as cool as my Pre

I will keep reading here, and see where the whole open source thing goes, and maybe someday buy a new device, but the problem, is what would be available on it, the big boys, google, amazon, etc, are not gonna invest in making things available on what seems to be becoming an underground cult OS. Its just sad...

My Pre falls off my account in just one more day, and after that it will start fading into my memories of past. But always be in my great memories of a fun, interesting, beautiful device. *sigh* buh byeee my adorable, beloved lil pre
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

spherelander likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    I have held on, and in love with my original lauch Palm Pre now, for almost 4 years. I have loved this forum, from the early days and have spent countless wonderful hours learning this wonderful OS, tweaking, adding, getting deep into the guts and just loving this phone more than any other I have ever had.

I SOO wanted WebOs to make it, and for whatever reasons of the universe it was not launched , or marketed, or whatever, strong enough to fight the tide of iOs and AndroidOS. And in my heart of hearts will remain the superior OS, in terms of ease, navigation, and just its whole idea.

But, sadly, the time has come , with a heavy heart for me to part with Pre. ....

My Pre falls off my account in just one more day, and after that it will start fading into my memories of past. But always be in my great memories of a fun, interesting, beautiful device. *sigh* buh byeee my adorable, beloved lil pre
    Wow! One of the posters I've enjoyed reading over the last two years. It is sad. But I feel your pain. Most of the Palm people are passionate but more practical as users. I suspect that there is not as high a percentage of sheep or 'fanbots' as on some of the other platforms (not says there are not any on the webOS platform, stay away trolls). Being practical, it gets harder to keep pouring in efforts into an ecosystem that not even HP is willing to support, despite it's potential.

Yes potential. Every time I see the news of the mis-adventures of RIM or how Android has fallen into it's second best position despite some real vulnerabilities... you just scratch your head wondering why HP couldn't come up with a better plan than they did (other than the chronic corporate affliction of 'short-term-itis' )

I'll eventually have to move too. I won't like it, and I'll have to make some compromises in using some other platform, but I've had to make compromises to enjoy what I do about webOS. Unless you are an employee of one of the principal companies - at the end of the day, it's only a phone. Just a tool that is a small part of my life.

I'm really hoping for the whole open source deal to give webOS new life. But being one of those 'practical' people, I have a "day job" and can't spend tons of time trying to make a device work for my needs just because I like the user interface. My last gasp will be probably picking up a Pre2 if my Pre plus dies before the lack of support makes the phones virtually unusable. May even convert one to wi-fi only use. But at some point it will join my Palm Pilot in the closet of past loves. I waited for years to see Palm step up and this what we get...

Best wishes to you.

C
    "Sometimes I feel like an OS-less child..."
    (with apologies to Billie Holiday )
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Note View Post
    . But at some point it will join my Palm Pilot in the closet of past loves. I waited for years to see Palm step up and this what we get...

Best wishes to you.

C

Yep, in my past loves draw sits a Treo and a Centro, at the time they too were my favorite phones. The Treo is a downright behemoth of a device, that I have activated several times when one of the phones in my family account was in a replacement mode, and each and every time it fires up and works great, and has really superior call quality. **sigh**,

But as you said, in the end its just a phone, and I can only designate so much of my time to lamenting about it...
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

I ran across my Palm Pilot the other day. The one that had the retrofitted IR capability. It was sitting among my Treo's of years past, and my wife's chewed up Centro. I still don't understand what she does to abuse her phones like that.

Anyway, I just feel this great sense of sadness at the lost opportunities. The things that could have been and will never be because HP is full of the greatest management screwups I have seen since I worked at Sperry Univac.

But, as I am 3 years+ into my 2 year contract with Sprint and the replacement Pre that I got just last September now has a 'crunchy' slider, it is time to move on. I am really dreading giving up the keyboard and WebOS. But, I look forward to moving to newer, faster hardware. I am still trying to decide between the Galaxy S II and the Motorola Photon.

With my big, fat fingers, I know my texting speed will go down -- my Kindle Fire keyboard has proven that -- but there is nothing that can be done.

Thanks to all who have contributed here and made my life easier. I will miss you.
    spherelander likes this.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    After reading your post - I went downstairs and opened up the "palm drawer" pilot, handspring, treos, centro, pre...

Loving this Photon - kind of miss the touchstones - but this lasts all day and night without needing to charge, so, not.really

Sent from a Motorola-Photon using TapTalk for Android
    So, I got the 32 TP on launch day. I was already a webOS user and adopted the homebrew quite nicely. The potential and downline implications of a whole ecosystem got me super excited.

Then it was 2 weeks later, the HP Titantic took a hard over. All the bugs that were straightened out weren't. 3.x.x came and went.

I kept downloading apps I didn't need or want to show support for those that worked to develop them to keep the hope alive. Well, thanks to the Homebrewers, especially WebInternalz for providing a better user experience than HP ever wold give effort to.

Seemingly unrelated, my wife's iSheeple gave up the ghost and I conned her into a Droid of the giant screen variety, selfishly keeping her out of the grasp of the iSheeple4s. Then I tried the droid. Ooops.

Now I found the same spirit of Homebrew (and fromour home brewer's hard work, and me following their instructions a bit of skill and not as intimidated about doing stuff to my webOS stuff) in the Cynaogen Mod folks.

I dropped CM9 on my tab the other day. Other than the camera and mic issue, there is not a complaint in the world. Yes, I miss synergy, but not as much as I will not miss having a far more (in my world) usable apps for my daily life. The tab is running fast and clean. I have access to work data I didn't under webOS. I have access to apps for the personal stuff I use every day I didn't have before.

So, as much as I wanted webOS to fulfill it's potential, I stuck with it as long as I could, mainly as a tribute to the homebrewers that actually made the product workable. It's been fun, I appreciated the learning experiences and getting skills I didn't have before, but it's time for us to go our ways.

It's not you, it's me. Maybe as you are cast off into the wild, you'll blossom into the long ago promised potential. But for now, I gotta say goodbye.....