Page 51 of 62 FirstFirst ... 41464748495051525354555661 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1235
Like Tree168Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    its a big deal to me when some people with iphones turn up their noses, while I feel sorry for them
    Wow I feel sorry for you... Letting things get to you like that.
    No need to feel sorry for me. This thread is mostly bashing the pre and happy to be leaving. So I am saying the alternatives are not that perfect and some of the features of the other phones really suck
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    its a big deal to me when some people with iphones turn up their noses, while I feel sorry for them
    Understood. That could get annoying.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Regretfully leaving webOS on AT&T for Android on Sprint and the Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4g Touch. My Pre+ still works (even after dropping it multiple times) & I love the OS. BUT, I want to have full 'net capability. I want to be able to go to sites and not see a "lego". I'm tired of sites having an app for iPhone, Blackberry, Android, but not for webOS. I want a better selection of apps. I'm frustrated at the amount of apps now labeled "not for 1.4.5". I want faster response. The calendar is abysmal and SLOW. The battery is poor & getting worse. The camera is lousy, not as good as my Treo 680, which I still use as I have palmOS apps that I love. Tried to use them on Classic, but most wouldn't. Looked for the comparable apps for webOS & couldn't find anything close to the palmOS ones, even homebrew. I want to be able to scan QR's and barcodes. I want an SD card and not have to rely on the "cloud" for my info storage. Never had an automatic backup, only manual, and spotty at that. I look forward to free and accessable updates.
    Most of all, I want to get far, far away from HP. Can't trust them. They screwed us "legacy" users, even though they said they'd "Make Things Right". BP said the same about the oil spill. Both lied. They stabbed us in the back, and they'll probably do the same to you.
    I've been with Palm since the PalmPilot. I know Android won't have the same smooth ability of use that webOS has. I know the hardware will be more fragile than my Pre+. It's also larger than I'd like, but the visibility will be much better. I'll miss using the Touchstone. I'll miss being part of special webOS community but.....
    Perhaps HP will sell Palm to someone who will nurture webOS. Until then, goodbye & best wishes.
    Hey, where'd independent1's post go? And to think I got 4 or 5 different versions of it from the email notification.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    I use another phone (and OS), now but I never left - love webos too much to leave and never come back :-) plus, the android motorola photon forums are dead - no one really needs them for anything... :-) I will always love and support the webOS nation - it was the most "personal" phone/OS I've ever used - si I'll be lurking for the most part - but, will never leave.

Unless, like with my beloved Amiga computer - it just dissapears completely.... I hope that never happens...

Sent from a Motorola-Photon using TapTalk for Android
    I've been visiting this site since the Palm Pre was first announced and the community here has been amazing. I sadly had to retire my Sprint launch Palm Pre today for an iPhone so my Palm Pre was on its last legs and I can't leave Sprint with my SERO plan. This community has been amazing and thanks to everyone who's developed for homebrew has allowed my phone to continue for as long as it has. After using the iPhone for a couple of hours I'm already missing how much better webOS was able to execute multi-tasking. I keep wanting to flick away my apps but to no avail Again, thanks to everyone here for making my first smartphone such an amazing experience. I hope two years from now webOS is thriving and I might have the chance to come back.
    spherelander likes this.
    Sorry to have you leave - I Franken'ed my launchday Pre a couple of months ago, so I'm sticking with WebOS as long as I can (maybe until another phone comes out or we can effective port it to an Android?)

Stay in touch-
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I have posted bugs in the bugs thread and spoken to HP Webos Chat but to no avail. HP Webos rep just tells me send screenshots. Even for some bugs for which I cant.

First the bugs:

1. Mettalic/underwater sound issue

2. Synergy chat is <staff deleted> bad and its beyond annoying. If my contact messages me I get it as an offline message with his/her email address as the contact tag

3. If I reply or forward an email, the text font changes within the email from Times New Roman to Verdana. So each paragraph has a different font type.

4. Games need to be carded to run smooth. (Confirmed and replicated with another stock Touchpad)

5. some other minor bugs like sometimes the touchpad lock dissapears or secure pin, the 9 number does not highlight when selecting it as a pin number.

Heres why a lot of people and me will choose to move to Android, DESPITE liking webos.

1. Some of the Webos community here are just hell bent on being <staff deleted> and putting down user issues or webos bugs, which does not lead to anything conclusive or issues being rectified.

2. Day in and Day out fewer people are helping with issues or trying to replicate known bugs for confirmation.

3. HP Webos chat support is not at all helpful, they just need screenshots for every thing. PHone support absent as it now costs (post 3 months Touchpads only have hardware phone support)
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 01/24/2012 at 10:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ak1229 View Post
    I have posted bugs in the bugs thread and spoken to HP Webos Chat but to no avail. HP Webos rep just tells me send screenshots. Even for some bugs for which I cant.

First the bugs:

1. Mettalic/underwater sound issue

2. Synergy chat is <staff deleted> bad and its beyond annoying. If my contact messages me I get it as an offline message with his/her email address as the contact tag

3. If I reply or forward an email, the text font changes within the email from Times New Roman to Verdana. So each paragraph has a different font type.

4. Games need to be carded to run smooth. (Confirmed and replicated with another stock Touchpad)

5. some other minor bugs like sometimes the touchpad lock dissapears or secure pin, the 9 number does not highlight when selecting it as a pin number.

Heres why a lot of people and me will choose to move to Android, DESPITE liking webos.

1. Some of the Webos community here are just hell bent on being <staff deleted> and putting down user issues or webos bugs, which does not lead to anything conclusive or issues being rectified.

2. Day in and Day out fewer people are helping with issues or trying to replicate known bugs for confirmation.

3. HP Webos chat support is not at all helpful, they just need screenshots for every thing. PHone support absent as it now costs (post 3 months Touchpads only have hardware phone support)
    Promise that you'll at least return to post about your bug-free experience with Android, OK?
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 01/24/2012 at 10:21 PM.
    davidtm and C-Note like this.
    LOL. This is exactly what I am talking about. Thank you for proving my point! See you on android soon
    the only bug I can personally confirm to is # 1. But it hasn't happened all that often on 3.0.5 (possibly once since update, but that still shows its there)

As for the others I'm not sure what number 4 even means :-P

But I dunno about some, but there are many trolls on this here forum (not saying you are 1 of em) and many will complain with out researching first.

And what the above poster said is true, android has its own bugs/annoyances , that's just meant to let you know in advance .. Especially if you're installing an alpha ICS on your TP.

Anywhoo.. Like I said I'm not sure what some of the other stuff is. I don't pay much Att to the font I the email... I see words o screen that I'm typing (as long as its readable I'm fine. :-P

I'm sure a patch can be made for you for that one

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    the only bug I can personally confirm to is # 1. But it hasn't happened all that often on 3.0.5 (possibly once since update, but that still shows its there)

As for the others I'm not sure what number 4 even means :-P

But I dunno about some, but there are many trolls on this here forum (not saying you are 1 of em) and many will complain with out researching first.

And what the above poster said is true, android has its own bugs/annoyances , that's just meant to let you know in advance .. Especially if you're installing an alpha ICS on your TP.

Anywhoo.. Like I said I'm not sure what some of the other stuff is. I don't pay much Att to the font I the email... I see words o screen that I'm typing (as long as its readable I'm fine. :-P

I'm sure a patch can be made for you for that one

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    The 4th point is that some games need to be carded by swiping up and then tapped to enter to make them work "properly"

I did not notice emails but I had to once and it was a formal email that I had to reply to. It was sent in weird fonts. I came back home and checked on my desktop in sent emails and the the font was mixed between Times New... and Verdana. It looks real bad when u send emails with mixed up fonts. HP Developers should have taken note of such a basic feature.
    The 4th point is that some games need to be carded by swiping up and then tapped to enter to make them work "properly"

I did not notice emails but I had to once and it was a formal email that I had to reply to. It was sent in weird fonts. I came back home and checked on my desktop in sent emails and the the font was mixed between Times New... and Verdana. It looks real bad when u send emails with mixed up fonts. HP Developers should have taken note of such a basic feature.

Ahhhhh.. that's what you meant about carding... I only experienced that on bug village on 3.0.4... But I have since deleted it and I haven't seen it on others but I know Wharton mean.. Yea that is annoying, didn't realize it wasn't squashed in 3.0.5

Well that bug aside, and the metallic sound (depending how often they're happening) the others seem patchable
    Eve the screen lock bug (I don't use it but I assume the bug is there) .. Should be able to patched.

Regardless, you can still do both.. So I don't really see the issue ...

And yes I too noticed that the thread was merged into the complaint thread.. Maybe it should be in a venting thread :-P

Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
  14.    #1014  
    FYI.. .this is the 'venting thread'. That's why we put these here.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Ahhhhh.. that's what you meant about carding... I only experienced that on bug village on 3.0.4... But I have since deleted it and I haven't seen it on others but I know Wharton mean.. Yea that is annoying, didn't realize it wasn't squashed in 3.0.5

Well that bug aside, and the metallic sound (depending how often they're happening) the others seem patchable
    Eve the screen lock bug (I don't use it but I assume the bug is there) .. Should be able to patched.

Regardless, you can still do both.. So I don't really see the issue ...

And yes I too noticed that the thread was merged into the complaint thread.. Maybe it should be in a venting thread :-P

Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    I guess you are right. It can be patchable. But unless I make a thread with some catchy phrases no one bothers checking, replying or duplicating, leave alone patching.

I spoke webos support and they are all like "screenshot" "screenshot". sorry but i cant take screenshots of private messages or another persons email address.

These are basic things and I am surprised the community has not noticed it! Which is why feel forced to switch to an incomplete android port.

I have an android phone btw. and my email and chat work just fine. I think these are key things in a mobile device such as the Touchpad. How can they leave emails and messages so buggy??
    I guess you are right. It can be patchable. But unless I make a thread with some catchy phrases no one bothers checking, replying or duplicating, leave alone patching.

I spoke webos support and they are all like "screenshot" "screenshot". sorry but i cant take screenshots of private messages or another persons email address.

These are basic things and I am surprised the community has not noticed it! Which is why feel forced to switch to an incomplete android port.

I have an android phone btw. and my email and chat work just fine. I think these are key things in a mobile device such as the Touchpad. How can they leave emails and messages so buggy??

Have you tried requesting a patch?

Title it [Patch Request]

Also as far as android I was referring to the alpha build of ice cream sandwich , which is still pretty buggy. (CM9) .. I hear CM7 is pretty stable though

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Last edited by sketch42; 01/25/2012 at 07:05 PM.
    If it helps you at all, ak229, the sound bug is present in all versions of Android, as well, on the TouchPad.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    ............I put it out of it's misury
    Why!?!?
    fxspec06 and xandros9 like this.
    why would you do that?
    fxspec06 likes this.