Page 50 of 62 FirstFirst ... 40454647484950515253545560 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1235
Like Tree168Likes
    I jumped ship to the SS Pre 3 and have been sailing the seas in webOS bliss. Have a nice cruise on your new ship.
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpCecil View Post
    Guess that means your not a true fan, lame; I had an Android and an iPhone, Gave the iPhone to my GFand sold the Android so i could buy a Palm Pre 2, so what if it doesn't have apps, I dont need them to get through my day. but the OS and the phone just feels so right, I dont feel the same way about any other phone I've ever used. it just feels right.
    there is something to be said for a phone working well as a phone. Apps are nice, but the tool has to work well first.

that being said, I got tired of my Pre2 getting confused at the end of a call when I would put it down and try to hang up and it would flicker back and forth between speakerphone and regular mode or something....

Pre3 works better! (which is a shame it never got the chance to show it self here in the states)
    -
    - my webOS apps: Bishop Scores, EquiAnalgesia, EquiSteroidia, OB Tracker -
    - Missing webOS phones when I use my iPhone5 and iPad Mini. At least I have my TouchPad to web surf still! -
    I too have moved on to something different. My HTC Rezound is simply an amazing phone. To bad HTC did not make the webOS phones. It is fast and smooth. Not to mention the same wonderful Beats that is included with our TouchPad is included with the Rezound.

The Android system is quite the learning curve. Android is not as easy to use as webOS. I was on my 4th Pre 2 and was tired of the issues I was having. I was not going to pay $700 for a chance to get a Pre 3. So I moved on. Plus there are apps that I use for my work that did not work in my Pre 2. Apps are not everything, but it does make things easier.

I already miss the easy of use with the webOS and the multitasking. No other platform comes close to what webOS offers in these two areas. Too bad HP has wasted so much time with not making this the best it could be. Don't put those of us down because we are tired of empty promises. We have our TouchPad and will be involved in webOS as long as it is around. In the meantime, I will enjoy the 4g speed and the fast phone with the OK OS.

Sent from Communities.
    dabombcra,
    ICS will eventually come to your Rezound and give you more of that webOSy feel. All hail Matias Duarte!

TruDat TruDat! He will bring goodies to Android. Ice Cream Sandwich I am looking forward to.

Sent from my Rezound using Taptalk
    This is it guys, I'm out. I've had webOS since 2009, and it is time for me to let go. I'm on Sprint, and have had a few (3) Pre- s which have all served me loyally. I have a touchstone, and it is extremely convenient. I love webOS, and in my opinion, it STILL is the best OS. It has the best UI, it is very intuitive, it is open source (kinda), and the community is great (especially WebOS Internals, You make my life better everyday!). However, the apps are nowhere near at the level of Android or (it which shall not be named). The hardware is also lacking. My pre is overclocked to 1ghz, it has a low battery life, and only 256mb of ram. I am getting the Galaxy SII (Epic Touch). It has a Dual-Core 1.2ghz processor, much better battery life, 4g! (yes I know it leeches battery but it is awesome. And yes, I am in a 4g zone), and 1gb of ram. For me it seems that this is where I step off the train. If HP, or someone else, revitalizes webOS and again makes it a contender, then my next phone will be a webOS one. I love you guys, and promise to stay tuned to the announcements. I will always be a webOS geek at heart. I was wondering what tips you guys could give me. Some of you have switched to Android, and some have switched here from there. I have only used Android in passing, and am not that familiar with the interface. Any secrets? Any great apps? Advice for rooting my device? Info as to the implications of rooting Android, and how Sprint views that? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for everything, everyone!
    In my opinion the Android OS is a convoluted mess compared with webOS. Hopefully it will improve. Some good free Apps. Good Luck!

Any tips?... 'You'll be back!'

http://www.androidcentral.com/

, enjoy your new phone.
    Shadowcat0909 likes this.
    I think it's a bit of a testament to this community and to the products themselves that I'm posting a goodbye. I was a silent member here mostly but I'm very grateful for the passion and engagement these products inspired. I never really 'enjoyed' a phone before my Pre and Pre+.

But like so many others I've reached the end of the line with webOS and my Pre+. It still works well (mostly) and I still love it's form more than any other phone out there. But after 18 months of hoping that this platform would get the momentum it deserves, and that it would be properly released in Australia, well....you all know the story. I imported two phones, unlocked them, doctored them, had all sorts of fun getting them working here. But mostly I just really liked the way they worked. I think the designers and software creators made something really special here. The party was over long ago but we still want to hang around and enjoy what they made

So I'm off to iOS. I'm gonna miss Synergy. I'm gonna miss the elegant multi-tasking, the notifications. I'm gonna miss how it fits comfortably in my pocket and how it winks at me when it has something to tell me. I'm not gonna miss the total lack of apps (that I could actually buy, or would want to). I'm sure as hell not gonna miss the utter incompetence of HP.
    <edited by staff>

See ya
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 12/07/2011 at 07:20 PM. Reason: not allowed outside of marketplace
    As a sprint customer who had a WebOS device and an Android device, my best advice is...

Get an iPhone.

Photostream and the camera is amazing. I never cared about pictures, and now I'm taking so many, and making incredible home movies with free software. Siri is amazing when driving, and I get insanely great battery life. Plus, the signal is better than on my old phones, which makes the Sprint network seem competitive in the boondocks.

My friend who has Sprint also switched from his Evo 4G and still wouldn't switch back. I've never used it and thought, "man, if it were only 4g".
    i'm very happy iwth the samsung First gen epic 4g (not the SII), esp. cuz I get a keyboard. Battery life is much better for me. (Actually a "factory reset" significantly improved life). Visit android market for easypulse and what's-shaking already ported over. Techtray coming soon.

Many of the apps we enjoy look same on android. Pandora/Facebook/Foursquare and you get new ones: Shazam, Citrix, SoundHound, not to mention the latest games like "where's my water".
  12.    #992  
    <threads merged>
    I still have my pre- the sound don't work wellnor does the keyboard.. But I just can't get used to the idea of getting another OS. I'm switching.. To the Pre2 :-)
    Been drinking the Kool-Aid for about a month now.

Finally got tired of all the time and trouble dealing with the Pre devices. Did the Sprint Franken Pre 2 swap in late August, but it never stopped being buggy and got worse as time went by.

So, because I drive around all day for my job, I finally gave in to the charms of that siren, Siri, and got the Sprint iPhone 4S a month ago. Love it.

Don't miss the Pre or Pre 2, but DO miss webOS: the UI and multitasking and the mighty Touchstone.

But love all the rest of the iPhone (except for that dang Home button--hope Apple gives in now that Jobs passed and adopts a webOS-like UI and builds a Touchstone!).

But then I had a hellish 3 weeks finding the right sync solution between Outlook and the iPhone.

Finally gave up: today bought an iMac. Never thought I see the day, but I've only had it a few hours and I'm pretty excited.

I just need things simple: I'm gettin' too old to be messin' around with software tweaks and fixes all the time. Like they say, I just need it to work so I can create, be productive, not stay up so late messin' with crap etc. Sure the "geek" in me loved doin' Homebrew n' such, but time is money, and, well, you catch my drift.

Much love to the webOS Nation. I still got my firesale Touchpad, so I'll be lurkin' around a while, I'm sure.

Thanks for everything, it's been a wild ride!
    See... the descend just never stops... once you go to the dark side...
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Had a launch Pre. It was good while it lasted...

Hope to see you as an open source mod someday I can throw on a random Droid
    So long!

Enjoy your whosit-whatsit--other devices. Don't forget to check permissions for apps reading your text messages, phone numbers, contacts--whatever.
    I fail to see what there is to love about the iphone. If siri could actually launch some apps.... Sorry, I am not allowed to do that. (bluetooth). What takes me an instant on my pre2 is a major operation on the iphone.

If you forget your charger, you have to find another iphone user right? and like I wanna back out and go to the settings and scroll to find the app to find preferences.

My gf has wall paper but its covered up by icons, downright ugly if you ask me, and the stupid home button for everything, what year is this again? I could go on but thinking about this overrated device is making me sick.
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    I fail to see what there is to love about the iphone. If siri could actually launch some apps.... Sorry, I am not allowed to do that. (bluetooth). What takes me an instant on my pre2 is a major operation on the iphone.

If you forget your charger, you have to find another iphone user right? and like I wanna back out and go to the settings and scroll to find the app to find preferences.

My gf has wall paper but its covered up by icons, downright ugly if you ask me, and the stupid home button for everything, what year is this again? I could go on but thinking about this overrated device is making me sick.
    Millions seem to like it. Maybe the "major operation" is a little overstated. No need to get sick, just don't don't think about. It's not that big a deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    Millions seem to like it. Maybe the "major operation" is a little overstated. No need to get sick, just don't don't think about. It's not that big a deal.
    its a big deal to me when some people with iphones turn up their noses, while I feel sorry for them