Page 48 of 62 FirstFirst ... 38434445464748495051525358 ... LastLast
Like Tree168Likes
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    After reading some of these comments I'm convinced some people will never be happy. I mean, HP could probably give you the entire app catalog for free, and people will still complain:

- Why didn't HP do this sooner, I already wasted $5 on apps these past few months when I could have gotten them free!!!

- Why did they sell me a 16gb TouchPad, I can't fit the entire app catalog on my 16gb TP! They should have only sold 32gb & 64gb TouchPad's if they were gonna give away the entire app catalog for us to download! This is Bull

- You mean we have to download all these free apps!!! Why couldn't they just pre-load them on the TouchPad's. They should have known we would want to try all these free apps, why put us through the trouble of downloading all these apps.

Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah Blah! Is what it sounds like to me.

Please stop complaining guys, they're just apps & it's just a tablet.

If these apps were really that important you would have paid the money & downloaded them before they were given away as promo codes.
    <edited by staff> Who in this thread said anything similar to what you suggested.

Hey wait. Do you work for HP? Their CS people also only read every fifth word and come to their own random conclusion as to what you are saying.

Yes, its only a tablet and apps. But, at what point will the BS that you are spoon fed every day be enough for you? NM. Dont answer that.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 11/08/2011 at 07:24 PM. Reason: Do not post around language filters
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    Well I grew up in Texas and would be there still but had to follow the work so I could feed my family. It's actually a reference to a Stevie Ray Vaughn album, I used to watch him in Austin, saw more than one show near where there is a statue of him now on the bank of the Colorado river. The flash floods I am remembering swept away cars, and people, not fun at all.
    Well, I feel bad for you that you had to move up North somewhere as I personally cant stand cold weather/snow.

And yes, SRV used to play at Auditorium Shores (where the statue is) quite a bit from what I remember.

We've had some doosies of floods over the years, but what we really need is another Hermine <sp?>. That tropical storm last year brought us like 15 inches of rain in a few days!
    bverdon likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahhk View Post
    <edited by staff>

Hey wait. Do you work for HP? Their CS people also only read every fifth word and come to their own random conclusion as to what you are saying.

Yes, its only a tablet and apps. But, at what point will the BS that you are spoon fed every day be enough for you? NM. Dont answer that.

My little rant wasn't meant to be taken seriously, I was just being silly.

I do believe some people will never be content no matter what, and will find a reason to complain over anything. If it's not missing out on promo codes, it'll be something else.

Oh well, until next weeks promo code giveaway; when the ranting from those who missed out will start all over again.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 11/08/2011 at 07:25 PM.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    If these apps were really that important you would have paid the money & downloaded them before they were given away as promo codes.
    Not really. There are some apps I'm interested in and I don't want to shell out the money for them and be disappointed. With Android, I'm used to getting a buyer's remorse period to try out the app and then if I don't like it then I can uninstall and be refunded. I wish all the devs would put up trial apps and then have the purchase be the unlocked version, like a few of the apps are.

I did ask earlier and didn't get a reply but did you happen to remember at any time where a promo code was released by a company and used up in 5min or less? This happens every time too. I still would rather see a 4 hour sale where it's 50% off than giving out an unspecified amount of apps that disappear in a few minutes, and for some before their email arrives.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    If we were talking about $20-$25 a pop I might understand wanting to try it on. But jeese, were talking about a buck or so. You probably bought a $4.95 coffee this morning only to flush it an hour later.

Let's put it another way, the app you buy today for .99 might not be a killer app that butters your bread and walks the dog, but your purchase might just inspire the app writer to make something even bigger and better next time and is just want you always wanted.

Or, let's face reality. Developers of webOS apps need inspiration. HP is not making it easy to make a living at it.

So instead of buying that $3.00 2 ounce 5-hour energy drink tomorrow, buy an app or two and help someone provide you a source of functionality or entertainment that maybe once in a while doesn't quite walk your dog.

Please take no offense to any of the above, just try a little perspective.
    TWack
    On my 4G TouchPad, Pre3 or Panda-Veer.
    If you like our patches, please consider donating to the cause.

|wackware|google+|facebook|twitter|shortcut|mylo|multiapp|flashfile|donate|
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twack View Post
    Let's put it another way, the app you buy today for .99 might not be a killer app that butters your bread and walks the dog, but your purchase might just inspire the app writer to make something even bigger and better next time and is just want you always wanted.

Please take no offense to any of the above, just try a little perspective.
    I don't take offense to it but I'll try to put in perspective of my thinking. On my Phone alone I have spent over $50 in apps. I have tried many trial apps on Android and ended up not buying the full version. I have bought the Splashtop app for WebOS and can't even use it. My 1.6Ghz dual core laptop with 3GB of RAM isn't enough power for the desktop app, so it was a waste of money.

I paid for the Preware app, I've bought apps for WebOS but I'm not buying apps that I'm unsure about, because I already took one hit on Splashtop. I know from being with Android that even paid apps aren't always great.

Let's put the energy drink into perspective. I could increase my data speeds on my home network for that extra little bit a day or buy a whole new computer that would cost me the same per day to pay off to get my Touchpad to remotely work with my computer, I could send monthly charity to the Humane Society for pennies a day, etc. It adds up and I've worked sales and used that same speech. It falls as flat when I said it as I just read. It's only pennies or a single drink when it's someone else's money. I bought a $110 messenger bag but it's quality and one of the best. I didn't buy the more expensive bag that was not as good just to hope that bag maker comes up with a better bag later on and the one I bought from him might be junk and there's no return policy.

If the devs don't have enough confidence in their app to put out a trial version that can be tested for a day or a week or even an hour then that makes me wonder why. I can do it with my phone apps or at least try them out before buyer's remorse runs out but I could think of more charitable ways to spend my money then on apps that might not work.

I really like WebOS for a tablet and I wouldn't have bought a single app if I didn't think the OS was better than Honeycomb but if I can't get the quality of apps or have to try out the app with nobody to back it up then I can just add ICS when it comes and download all the apps I have purchased on my phone over to the Touchpad for free by using the same Gmail account. I've spent money on lesser quality apps on WebOS than I could have or have bought on the Android but I really want to make it work with WebOS.

There are many quality apps on WebOS but there are some there are many apps that are overpriced or are lacking in features. I really wish someone would make a keyboard that was like SwiftkeyX on Android and some of the basic apps that cost a decent amount(for an app) on WebOS are free on Android and have much more capabilities, the browser is the most notable when you compare it to Opera, Dolphin, or Firefox. I'll pay and I do for my products I own such as the best music app on Android, the best email client(which cost me $20), and pretty much most of the top paid apps on the Market. Make a great app and I'll buy it.....if I can at least try it or have a buyer's remorse.
    Last edited by kalel33; 11/05/2011 at 04:10 AM.
    Well I think it may be over. I don't want to admit it but here we are. A year ago Android and Apple friends of mine mocked me and as I said "wait until a years time and then see where we are"... and now a year on hopes grew with the buy out from HP and hopes fell with everything after. So now here I stand looking for somewhere to share my anguish with and this seems like the right place... sorry PreCentral.

We've fallen! And don't try to resist with quotes of "no decision has been made yet". We are HERE and here is where we didn't want to be today 1 year ago. So this is my final word towards "HP WebOS".... "We are though!!"

No company in the right mind will buy us! No company in the right mind will make a profit from us! no company in the right mind will expand through us! But as the underdog that we always were from the start no company will realise the potential we have! Not today nor tomorrow or even within the next month or year shall WebOS make a difference to the vast population of life...

But Palm YOU did make an OS that made a difference to me. YOU did make an OS that can made a difference to others and good lord this will be the underdog OS that will move the future for me and others. Not today, not tomorrow or even not in the next year but one day in years to come people will talk about a glorious OS that was different! The one that sparked multi tasking or expanded on cloud based technologies. We are the cornerstone of the web based future!

We are the unused technology that was worth something but only realised once we were gone.

We are WebOS.

And I will miss you...

xox Tobias
    Dude, you've been here for like... 10 minutes.
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    Yea 10 min on the forum much longer living with WebOS
    Prepare for thread merge in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.....
  11.    #951  
    0....<thread merged>
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I really think that the WebOS is superior to Android and IOS.....But....I just loaded the Android dual boot code and most everything works great. Now I don't have to wait for hp developers to roll out the app I need....I have a choice of 10 versions with a higher chance of frequently getting updates and patches.

Done. Sorry HP community. Moving on.
    mibaksh likes this.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Interesting. I'm leaning the other way. I do have CM7 installed on one of my TPs - but I reach for my WebOS TP most days now. The only thing I can't do (that I need to) is mindmap.

Alan
    un_designer likes this.
    I had to click this thread 5 times with this browser just to say, I hear ya.

*waits for blue loading line to move after my post*
    I am not sure how does this thread stands with the rules here but same here! yesterday too! It was so easy. The hardest was executing one cmd line.

PDFs work, Browser works ok. Not really any lag in text input.

Only thing left to really fix are the power management and hardware acceleration and the minor bugs. up to now i have yet to determine if this is really an alpha because it doesnt behave like one!
    stepping over to the dark CM side of things. They offered me cookies and candy.
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    You should have a look at Communities. Using forums with the standard browser is really a pain - this is one of the few things I'm still doing on my notebook.
    Preł (iPhone 4), TouchPad 32 GB (PlayBook 16 GB)
    so, are you "flicking the card" away?
    un_designer likes this.
    too each their own of course. I installed android a few days ago, but really don't like it at all. The ui feels years behind webOS. Individually there are nice touches here and there that I could wish webOS had, but overall it's an ugly mess. Aside from a missing app that you must have, I just don't see the argument for android at this point. That may change with ICS - I do understand that 2.3.7 is a phone os adapted to a tablet.
    <thread merged>
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2˘ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    there is a goodbye thread. it's huge. like over 9,000 pages long
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06