Page 4 of 62 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast
Like Tree168Likes
    EVO ain't that great. Big, bloated, software glitches more than the Pre's, phone doesn't ring half the time. UI is fugly and inconsistent. Battery life equally bad. I live in Overland Park, KS - where Sprint has its HQ - and NEVER use 4G because of lack of reception and unimpressive speeds. Miss having gestures on my phone. Sure it is faster, has more apps, more core functionality. But it's overhyped.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSPKweb View Post
    Definitely nice in the world of the Evo and you will not be disappointed with the change.
    #3 backing this up!

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    sj4231#AC likes this.
    doing the same thing this weekend. I just cant wait until the summer my pre minus is done.
    I seriously hope you aren't considering buying the EVO now. Maybe (maybe, maybe) the Epic, but not the EVO.

A year in Android world is like 3 in normal time. An EVO is out of date by now. So is the DROID Incredible, and almost the DROID X. The DROID 2 still has a little time ticking. The Epic has a little time as well.
    blah
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I also was thinking about the Epic because of the keyboard. I'm just lost right now ! ! Still trying to let the news sink in ! ! I love all the things I can do with my lil ol Pre minus ! ! Just really need somthing new ! ! If all of you had a choice for Sprint . . which phone would you go to ? ?
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwonka75 View Post
    I also was thinking about the Epic because of the keyboard. I'm just lost right now ! ! Still trying to let the news sink in ! ! I love all the things I can do with my lil ol Pre minus ! ! Just really need somthing new ! ! If all of you had a choice for Sprint . . which phone would you go to ? ?
    If you want a keyboard, the Epic is superb.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwonka75 View Post
    Don't get the Epic. samsung is iffy with the updates and its not to many developers for it. I would recommend the EVO or EVO Shift.

Sent from my EVO Shift 4G
    they are showing an upgrade for the evo shift . . what have yall heard about it ? ? Is it just as good as the evo. What I mean is it missing any features ? ? Like a lil brother kinda of thing (pixi)
    The Evo Shift has a better processor.

However it has a smaller screen and no front facing camera. It does have a keyboard though.

I've had my Evo since August and I love it. I migh try out Windows Phone 7 this summer if it comes to sprint, but I'm hesitant to sell my Evo to do it in case I don't like WP7.
    verwon likes this.
    This really is the last straw, even if the "upgrade path" to WebOS 2.0 that's been mentioned (and only as a possibility) involves a hefty discount on a new phone. Ridiculous!
    I'm with you at this point. I'm going to wait until after MWC just in case some new hardware is announced for Sprint that completely blows everything out of the water, in which case I'll get in line and sign a new 2-year contract. Outside of that, I'm going to hit Craigslist and pick up an Evo or Evo Shift on cheap (my initial browsing shows I can get one for $270-$360) and bide my time with it while waiting for HP to get their act together.

I want to stay with webOS. I really do. But I'm a tech geek, and while overclocking and hacking my Pre minus was fun last year, today it is just worn down, cracked and a dinosaur. And it is a complete outrage that my accountant roommate whose tech credentials top out at being a great FIFA soccer player on PS3 owns a phone that is so technically superior to mine it isn't funny. Just watching him browse bright, sharp photos taken with his Evo on his TV makes me green with envy.

Enough is enough. Later webOS. Hopefully we'll meet again, but I'm not even sure about that now.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xcomputerman View Post
    I'm with you at this point. I'm going to wait until after MWC just in case some new hardware is announced for Sprint that completely blows everything out of the water, in which case I'll get in line and sign a new 2-year contract. Outside of that, I'm going to hit Craigslist and pick up an Evo or Evo Shift on cheap (my initial browsing shows I can get one for $270-$360) and bide my time with it while waiting for HP to get their act together.

I want to stay with webOS. I really do. But I'm a tech geek, and while overclocking and hacking my Pre minus was fun last year, today it is just worn down, cracked and a dinosaur. And it is a complete outrage that my accountant roommate whose tech credentials top out at being a great FIFA soccer player on PS3 owns a phone that is so technically superior to mine it isn't funny. Just watching him browse bright, sharp photos taken with his Evo on his TV makes me green with envy.

Enough is enough. Later webOS. Hopefully we'll meet again, but I'm not even sure about that now.
    +1

Bye bye Palm/HP...it's been a nice ride up until a year ago, and I just can't take it any more. Hello Android (works for me since my universe revolves all around Google's products). Number one frustration for me with webOS is how bad Google Calendar is implemented (missing entries, phantom event notifications when the event was moved, etc. etc. etc.).
    So, a question. Do I need to register for Android Central or can I use my Pre Central ID to sign in?
    Quote Originally Posted by timmo View Post
    +1

Bye bye Palm/HP...it's been a nice ride up until a year ago, and I just can't take it any more. Hello Android (works for me since my universe revolves all around Google's products). Number one frustration for me with webOS is how bad Google Calendar is implemented (missing entries, phantom event notifications when the event was moved, etc. etc. etc.).
    I use the HTC calender myself but if you are having issues try this:
    https://market.android.com/details?i...ohospace.jorte
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FreudSlipped View Post
    So, a question. Do I need to register for Android Central or can I use my Pre Central ID to sign in?
    New registration required, but I used my same user name there as I use here since it was still available on androidcentral.
    I was considering jumping ship to the Atrix until I started reading comments about it being locked down, and motorola being more close minded than apple. I'll settle for a second gen 1.4Ghz snapdragon which will probably be overclocked ot 1.7 or 1.8 a few months after release. I won't consider a regular Evo as a 16-bit display is too archaic for me. Especially when compared to a Retina display or 24-bit display.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    I use the HTC calender myself but if you are having issues try this:
    https://market.android.com/details?i...ohospace.jorte
    Cool...thanks! Looks like a nice app. I'm still reading and learning about Android before I buy a device (leaning towards Epic 4G). I will miss the following webOS apps: Noted!, Done!, Notes, Scratchpad, Shopping Manager, Sports Live!.
    Quote Originally Posted by timmo View Post
    Cool...thanks! Looks like a nice app. I'm still reading and learning about Android before I buy a device (leaning towards Epic 4G). I will miss the following webOS apps: Noted!, Done!, Notes, Scratchpad, Shopping Manager, Sports Live!.
    You can browse the entire Android Market from your computer.

http://market.android.com

I have no doubt that you'll be able to find replacements for those apps you mentioned.

Swyped from my HTC HD2 (CM7)
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    I switched to evo. Half to say I do like it. It is different but nice. I thought that if miss the pre keyboard but am starting to really like swipe. The android market for apps is huge. Half to say that I am glad that I made the switch. Evo out of the box is awesome. After you root its even better.

If HPalm would give me what I wanted I would have stayed. Just tired of all the broken promises and lack of functions and apps.
Page 4 of 62 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast