Page 39 of 62 FirstFirst ... 29343536373839404142434449 ... LastLast
Results 761 to 780 of 1235
Like Tree168Likes
  1. #761  
    <merged>
  2. #762  
    ok, so I am a webOS lover, but am very disgusted with HP. I fell in love with webOS on my Verizon pre plus. Checked every day for pre 3 release then the bomb dropped in august. I got my 32g touchpad on ebay for $288 after losing out on all the firesales. Now Verizon pre3 won't be released but they are on ebay for 700 to 800. I'm sorry HP and palm but I feel yr poor management and handling of webOS has forced me to abandon you. As a loyal consumer I deserve better ANd more respect, SHAME ON YOU! I'm disgusted and have given up on yr pathetic handling of webOS, RIP if I handled my clients like this in the real world I would be jobless and humiliated, take your devices and burn them, at this point it would be the only honorable answer for yr followers that have been taken advantage of
  3. #763  
    <merged>
  4. rashad1's Avatar
    Posts
    520 Posts
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    #764  
    I bought this phone for just over $500 a month ago, now I can barely get $200 for it. HP really **** over early adopters by selling the phones for $75 to employees. They should have gave everyone that price, or some kind of refund.
  5. #765  
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    I bought this phone for just over $500 a month ago, now I can barely get $200 for it. HP really **** over early adopters by selling the phones for $75 to employees. They should have gave everyone that price, or some kind of refund.
    Early adoption is always a gamble.
  6. #766  
    So is buying an unreleased phone on eBay...
    "...human sacrifices, dogs and cats living together! MASS HYSTERIA!"

    -Ghostbusters
  7. #767  
    wow, it's HP's fault that you overpaid through a grey market?

    caveat emptor, I guess.
  8. #768  
    I feel your pain. By the time I picked up mine, the *same seller* was selling them for more than $100 less, and now you can get them for 40% of what I got mine for. I haven't even activated mine yet, which really is the kicker.

    But, I've probably lost a lot more in the stock market, dollar wise, due to the recent downturn. And I've certainly lost more due to the 2008 drubbing.

    In the end, the lost $250 from the Pre 3 is really just two nice dinners out. *sigh* oh well.
  9. #769  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    wow, it's HP's fault that you overpaid through a grey market?

    caveat emptor, I guess.
    Maybe he thought of "carpe diem" first
  10. #770  
    Quote Originally Posted by tasogare View Post
    I feel your pain. By the time I picked up mine, the *same seller* was selling them for more than $100 less, and now you can get them for 40% of what I got mine for. I haven't even activated mine yet, which really is the kicker.

    But, I've probably lost a lot more in the stock market, dollar wise, due to the recent downturn. And I've certainly lost more due to the 2008 drubbing.

    In the end, the lost $250 from the Pre 3 is really just two nice dinners out. *sigh* oh well.
    Rational, logical, and accepting of the consequences of your actions... YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO ACT THIS WAY ON THE INTERNET!!! Every1 knowz teh intertubes will overflow if people stop blaming evry1 but thereselfs.

    Mods please remove that post before the rest of the world is infected with his reasonable way of thinking.
  11. #771  
    HP didn't do anything. This is all your doing.
  12. #772  
    why should hp reimburse you for making a horrible decision. Here's some advice never spend more that what you believe the item is worth. that way, even if the cost changes, you would be content with the products value.
  13. #773  
    <thread merged>
  14. rashad1's Avatar
    Posts
    520 Posts
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    #774  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    wow, it's HP's fault that you overpaid through a grey market?

    caveat emptor, I guess.
    The Pre 3 I bought was released in Europe, so it wasn't bought in the "grey" market.
  15. #775  
    I brought a Pre3 on inpulse to edge my bets...and I'm a curious bugger Probably shouldn't have brought it, but I don't regret it. HP screwed up big time - a Pre3 with onscreen keyboard is pretty much what the slab phone junkies were asking for. If they didn't want a physical keyboard they could just ignore the 0re3s.

    I intended to wait to see if the apps came for my Pre3 but I have fell in love with my SE Mini Pro now. I'll try and keep doing my slooow development on webOS and use the Pre3 as a mini tablet.
  16. TJB
    TJB is offline
    TJB's Avatar
    Posts
    140 Posts
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    #776  
    I remember standing in line to get my launch day Pre from Sprint. WOW, we have come along way in the last 27 months. Roller coaster ride is putting it nicely.

    Being a Sprint Premium member I was able to upgrade my Pre since 6/10 but never found anything that could match my customized, patched and over-clocked Pre.

    Since February I have been holding out faith for the Pre 3 on Sprint. Today with a a little sadness I purchased Iphone -5. (lol - minus) There are so many things I know I will miss. But also there will be things I will gain. As a Pre owner I am tired of going to website like my banks and them not having a WebOs app and same thing with my cable company and airlines I travel often. I look forward to be able to getting these apps now.

    I feel the things I will miss most is Preware, Homebrew and the elegance of the cards/multi-tasking. I will miss Precentral but since I have a few Touchpads I will still follow. I went to the iphone forum and it has a very different type of feel. Not to slam but the biggest issue seems to be what color iphone 4s you should buy.

    To wrap up, I wish things turned out better for WebOs. I would not change a thing if I could do it all over again. It was a great ride.

    Thanks to WebOs, and WebOs-Internals especially!!!
    Sapient2k7 likes this.
  17. #777  
    Same boat...shame shame and it will be sad when I have to plugin my new phone every time I want to charge it (wow that's going to SUCK...No Touchstone). Yes the iPhone 4s (5-) has some nice features, but I like everyone else in the world was hoping for more miracles from Apple and the iPhone 5. Either way, IOS is finally heading too Sprint and for me makes it a valid option to replace my Pre- and we'll see soon enough, especially compared to Google's offering. ICS Android may fix this, but from what I've seen I'm not impressed with what they are doing cell phone or tablet software wise.

    I haven't pre-ordered mine yet and plan to wait till after I see one running on Sprint and they get out their for review compared to other iPhone 4s units and even iPhone 4 configs. Should be interesting and I'm sure I'll also miss my webOS phone, but at least I have a TouchPad to keep me smiling. Sorli...

    BTW - what version did you order and what plan are you on as a Sprint Premier member (former member...didn't they close that down)?
    Curious how much more my wife and I are going to have to shell out to have the privilege of using iPhone 4s'...
    onmymarc likes this.
  18. #778  
    For the first time since 2005, my everyday device will soon no longer be a "Palm" product. I remember "pre'-ordering my first treo 600, and being so far ahead of the curve with all things mobile.

    I swore I'd never go back to apple after selling my 17 in mac laptop.. I hated the interface..hated everything about apple.

    Until of course I was given my ipad2 as a gift from my GF. I could no longer wait for the touchpad at that point. I wanted to wait of course, but knowing deep down that it just wasn't going to cut it. I think the deciding factor was the Leo announcing the TouchPad and then it just disappeared.

    As much as my I have loved my palm products, it frustrated me to no end that to get the pre to really be sufficient, I had to rely on WEBOS internals guys to bring it up to spec.

    I was really blind to this concept until I received my ipad. Even though the apple store brought added functionality to the device, it was fast and furious right out of the box. I finally started to admit it.... I deserved better from my beloved "Palm", who really hasn't been the same "Palm" that I fell for back in 2005.

    I have a family member who works for apple. Pretty soon, after my iphone 4s arrives, and shortly thereafter when I buy my first iMac, he will think he finally converted me. And I will say, the overall experience is just better....

    I could also look at another way. As I cross over the 40 year mark, perhaps I just want things to work the way they should right out of the box.
    Maybe my time for tinkering has just tapered off....Or like my dad says." When I turn the key, I just want the engine to start, I dont care how or why...Just start and drive away.
    sorli and Sapient2k7 like this.
  19. #779  
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    The Pre 3 I bought was released in Europe, so it wasn't bought in the "grey" market.
    I second it. I was frantically trying to get a Pre 3 and was trying at different places and ended up with two.

    I had the option of canceling the second, after the first was delivered, but I didn't. Pre 3s were still scarce at that time (had to fight with Expansys.fr for about 2 weeks after placing the order, before I could get this unit). The only reason I did not cancel was because, I thought I could give it to a fellow P|C member at 'cost price'.

    No takers for the second unit now though, as the situation changed completely thereafter, with the AT&T ones flooding the market. That it is an AZERTY is adding to it I guess.

    I don't think I overpaid, I still would say that it is worth every penny that I paid. Just that I have a spare which I am not able to give to a person who would appreciate webOS.

    However, I am seriously thinking of using the second unit as my dev device. Already screwed up my UK Pre3 once, when writing & testing a patch.
  20. TJB
    TJB is offline
    TJB's Avatar
    Posts
    140 Posts
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    #780  
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    Same boat...shame shame and it will be sad when I have to plugin my new phone every time I want to charge it (wow that's going to SUCK...No Touchstone). Yes the iPhone 4s (5-) has some nice features, but I like everyone else in the world was hoping for more miracles from Apple and the iPhone 5. Either way, IOS is finally heading too Sprint and for me makes it a valid option to replace my Pre- and we'll see soon enough, especially compared to Google's offering. ICS Android may fix this, but from what I've seen I'm not impressed with what they are doing cell phone or tablet software wise.

    I haven't pre-ordered mine yet and plan to wait till after I see one running on Sprint and they get out their for review compared to other iPhone 4s units and even iPhone 4 configs. Should be interesting and I'm sure I'll also miss my webOS phone, but at least I have a TouchPad to keep me smiling. Sorli...

    BTW - what version did you order and what plan are you on as a Sprint Premier member (former member...didn't they close that down)?
    Curious how much more my wife and I are going to have to shell out to have the privilege of using iPhone 4s'...
    I ordered the 32gb. I picked white for a change of pace. I have the sprint family plan so it will cost me $10 more per month.

    I agree about the touchstone. I have 3 extras now.

    not happy for having to put itunes on my laptop either.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions