Like Tree168Likes
    geez get z veer so you can get updates, hunt for one for 80
    put it on h20 or some prepaid plan
    e joy the iikiiiphone
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    geez get z veer so you can get updates, hunt for one for 80
    put it on h20 or some prepaid plan
    e joy the iikiiiphone
    The veer did cross my mind...but it's waaaaay too small. I like to read and play games...but I also like my eyesight..lol
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
    I feel your pain. If Sprint gets the iphone, I might have to switch from my Pre minus to an iPhone. Sad day indeed.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    sorli likes this.
    Id sell you a GSM unlocked pre2 for 150 shipped and paypal'd
    Quote Originally Posted by xBRIMSTON3x View Post
    Well I had to do it. I've been with Webos since drop-day...but between Sprint's tower issues and declining customer service, and HP's current lack of plans for new devices...I finally decided to move to a different carrier.

For cost purposes, I chose At&t...and because I got them so cheap, my wife and I got....*gulp*....iphones.

But I'm on the hunt for a good Pre Plus! And if HP decides to do something in the future I 'm sure I have a better chance with ATT than Sprint...

But I never thought I'd feel this down about a phone...lol I'm literally a little sad.

Boooooo Hp.

Booooo to you sirs.

You have an OS with dedicated users...and unlike the cult of the iphone, these users actually care about the OS and its development. Sad sad day.
    Why not get an android device? At least it has some semblance of multi tasking albeit not as good as webOS of course. You can root it and hotspot to your Touchpad!
    yeah, i love sprint and webos but with no webos phone i am anxiously awaiting my galaxy s2 next thursday. i have my 16gb firesale TP to keep my webos fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by cclarion View Post
    Why not get an android device? At least it has some semblance of multi tasking albeit not as good as webOS of course. You can root it and hotspot to your Touchpad!
    Ya know, I'm very tempted...I actually went back to try to change the order, but couldn't online and now the phones will be here today. I'm too impatient to send it back and wait....but the truth is, even on my Pre I didn't multitask alot. Maybe two cards or so at most...so it shouldn't be a biggie. Plus with the iphone I'll be more likely to find someone to trade me for a Pre...
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    I feel your pain. If Sprint gets the iphone, I might have to switch from my Pre minus to an iPhone. Sad day indeed.
    Wife is waiting for the day to drop her Pre- and get an iPhone. Actually, our units have been failing like everyone else's Pre- on Sprint and being held together with Duck-Tape and sure perseverance.

We are truly hopeful that Apple finally gets their new iPhone 5 and IOS 5 right this time and hopefully comes to Sprint, which will make our transition 50% easier. Please Apple get it right and don't just give us your HANDMEDOWN you passed to Verizon and all of your other carriers world wide.

Too be honest, I'm not putting much stock in HP coming out with anything mobile wise anytime soon...the market is pretty locked and I'm just trying to keep my feet dry. Android may even work, but my experience so far with their tablets has not been very good and they also need a good kick in the pants. As usual, wait and see!!! Sorli...
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    After having Palm products since 2001 (with the exception of a Blackberry Curve that I tried for about 6 months a few years ago) I went and bought the Bionic today. Great phone. I'm sure going to miss the perfect size of the Pre though (I've been sitting patiently on my Verizon upgrade for 8 months waiting for my Pre3 but finally acknowledged that it just wasn't going to happen). I do have a launch day Touchpad that will do to keep my webOS fix satisfied...
    I really dont get why ppl that have their phones working and like them, wasting money on something new that wont work as good as the Pre-.
    Pure consumism... what a waste of money...
    Until my phone works I will stay with it until new WebOS phones appears in a couple of months... (I hope)
    after 8 Pre minus' and this one also needs replacing I cannot continue to wait. I will use this as my one month device to give HP one last chance and see what the iphone will do on sprint.

I will still support the touchpad but I need to see the next hardware steps for webOS. In the mean time, I need a phone
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    I purchased a Evo 3d today. @Garcia I don't think you get it. I've been with palm forever. On myn8th pre and its broken like all my others. The pre cannot handle my current needs. Period. I love webOS and would go back in a heart beat if the pre3 was released even planning.
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    ok I think I think my veer is going to be it for me. I sometimes think I get too carried away with smartphones. In the end it's just a phone...the pre 3 or even the iphone or any other phone will not make my life any better or easier to do my daily task. From here on out I'm not going to be a cell phone freak.
    Quote Originally Posted by pgarcia View Post
    I really dont get why ppl that have their phones working and like them, wasting money on something new that wont work as good as the Pre-.
    I think it really depends on what you use your phone for. If you're just using it to make calls and swipe cards back and forth, your notion may have some merit. But much beyond that the newest phones from other makers have vastly more functionality than the pre+ that was replaced. It isn't even the same ballgame.

I would assume the reason most people have dropped their pre in favor of something else is because it is the *pre* that isnít working as well as the new phone. At least it was for me.

-Suntan
    Well with this I guess it's Goodbye!

I'm not going to sit around and wait for a bunch of weenies to wake up so I guess I'm now an I-Phone guy!

This little thing kept me enthused for a couple of years but is the future is as I see it I'm done.

Good Luck to HP!!!! I used your test equipment from the 60's and always had the most respect. Maybe your heading back to that! There is sure some testing to be done!!!

On August 18, 2011 HP announced that it would strategically exit the smartphone and tablet computer business, focusing on higher-margin "strategic priorities of cloud, solutions and software with an emphasis on enterprise, commercial and government markets"[35] They also contemplated spinning off their personal computer division into a separate company.[36] HP's fundamental restructuring to quit the 'PC' business, while continuing to sell servers and other equipment to business customers, was similar to what IBM did in 2005

Soap
    Alright, later bro. Good luck with whatever you jump onto now (iPhone iGuess)
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    Many of us are leaving simple because our options are limited (FrankenPre) or more complicated then necessary with HP bailing on Hardware support. I'll also be looking at iPhone and IOS 5 in the coming month and seeing what they have to offer simply because Sprint Android products do nothing for me and this is where my wife is going.

Either way, I still have my TouchPad and I'm using webOS and trying out Google Music Beta as I type. Sorli...
    There's a place in the forums for goodbyes, and this is not it.
    fxspec06 likes this.
    Yep, definitely a place. It's there for a reason, too.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

<<threads merged>>