Page 35 of 62 FirstFirst ... 25303132333435363738394045 ... LastLast
Like Tree168Likes
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Sadly, I must now decide what Android device is right for me, and we have to figure out what kind of device my wife wants. For me, I will not do iphone, and I still hate MS a lot more than HP.

Who wants to do business with a company that kills a product "2" days after release (European Pre 3)?
    I read this in the WSJ this morning:

"H-P earlier this year introduced its TouchPad tablet, but it hasn't sold well. In the interview, Mr. Apotheker said he wasn't happy with the performance of H-P's tablet and smartphones. "We want to make sure that none of our actions are an impediment," he said. "

Read more: H-P Plans to Spin Off PC Business - WSJ.com

Not happy with the performance... well if you guys had released the freakin' Pre3 first, the device that 99% of the faithful webOS community was waiting for, we may not even be having this discussion now.

I mean really, the Veer first? When the obvious trend in the phone market is 4"+ screen size and slab?
    jcohengd likes this.
    Anyone know a lawyer who could review the viability of a class action suit?

Us vs. HP

I have to believe that, in light of yesterday's announcements, that they falsified plenty of statements in their marketing of the Touchpad and Pre 3.

I'm not real happy that this is the second time I'm ending up with a shiny WebOS-powered doorstop. As much as I hate lawyering up, I think we deserve a little bit more than $50 in free apps (that'll never come).
    What's your claim?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagz50 View Post
    $50 in free apps (that'll never come).
    Well to say false information right out the gate I'm sure doesn't give you much defense...
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  6. mus
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagz50 View Post
    Anyone know a lawyer who could review the viability of a class action suit?

Us vs. HP

I have to believe that, in light of yesterday's announcements, that they falsified plenty of statements in their marketing of the Touchpad and Pre 3.

I'm not real happy that this is the second time I'm ending up with a shiny WebOS-powered doorstop. As much as I hate lawyering up, I think we deserve a little bit more than $50 in free apps (that'll never come).
    Bump...
    Plus this (class action considerations) really deserves to exist in it's own separate discussion.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Hey Friends,

I've been a fan of palm for a long time! I was even one of the nerds camped out infront of a sprint store the night before the 1st gen pre was released.This week I switched to the dark side... an iphone 4. Honestly, the iphone is leaps and bounds better than the palm pre series phones I have owned. I should done this years ago.

RIP Palm/HP

I'll miss you guys... sorta.

R
    I use my pre to show people my photography. (thats my job)
    Check out my photography here!
    Goodbye posts are so 2009...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    ... mods moved it to the farewell thread. They're probably having ann emotional day too.

Basis for class action: HP advertised a device that allows me to "work with Microsoft Office documents" "connects to a Citrix server" "pushes SMS back and forth with the Pre 3", etc.

I purchased that device and it meets none of these claims. If a lawyer filed discovery requests and found that HP knew they were pulling out while they were taking our money and continuing to advertise these features, you're getting into fraud. They also devalued our investment (either in hardware or in HP stocl) through sheer stupidity which isn't technically illegal, just stupid. If anyone were to file a class action over the TP, I'd bet HP would settle fairly quickly - I'd really like my $600 back.

As far as my comment on the $50 credit, it was a nice show of faith on HPs part but there aren't anywhere near $50 worth of apps for the TP right now.

HP Touchpad... worst tech purchase ever! So long HP, I wont miss you.
    I love Palm and webOS. I'm on my 4th Palm phone (a Sprint Pre-) and I bought a Touchpad, not because I needed a tablet, but because I wanted to support an OS that I love and respect. However, I'm done with this. Yes, webOS is the best operating system out there, but at this point I've been let down too many times to count and mobile ecosystems don't operate on faith alone.

This is an unfortunately realistic view of the situation: HP will stop supporting devices and the OS will fail to be competitive with the rest of the marketplace. Unless someone buys the OS tomorrow and immediately puts it on quality hardware, the market perception will kill the OS forever: it will be a pariah among consumers.

With the crapfest that HP pulled yesterday, HP could try to sell all webOS related items - Tablets (9.7" and 7"), Phones (Veer, Pre3, etc.), imaginary items with webOS (appliances, unicorns) - tomorrow, and it would still die. They could quintuple the quantity and quality available apps and it would still die. Why? Because the webOS image among consumers is dead. Nobody buys a warranty from a store at a going out of business sale.

If this plucky little OS that could is resurrected by a company who makes outstanding hardware and is willing to commit to the long haul, perhaps I will come back. But in the mean time, I'll return my Touchpad, probably get a giant slab phone, maybe get the next gen iPad (if I honestly need it), and fondly think of what might have been.

RIP Palm/webOS.

F*** you HP.

F*** you Leo Apotheker.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I am returning my TP due simply to the lack of promises kept by HP and the bombshell that they won't be supporting devices anymore.

I don't have the time under my return policy at Best Buy to wait the next couple of weeks that Richard Kerris wants us to. Unfortunately not knowing what the support will be is going to be a problem for me. I need the document editing that we were promised.

Anyone can tell me if we'll get document editing I will reconsider my decision. other than that it works great for me, I was hoping for HP to get the update out to fix that one thing to make it ideal for me. Now I have to get an iPad again makes me sad.

I feel that we need to boycott HP for this debacle and I am not happy with them having any of my money, anyone else feel the same way?
    After refusing delivery of my Pre 3 this morning and spending the day reading these forums and crying

I think I've found some sweet hardware, in the Sony Ericsson XPERIA Pro

I think this will be my new marriage on release

xxx
    i did not know what is there to thank them for. 4 price cuts in 2 weeks against a cheapo $50 rebate is hardly any justice for early adopters.
    the whole debacle, with uncertainties surround the app catalogue, the future of a operating system is too much to stomach.
    i feel sorry for the HB community and app developers who spend so much time getting this turned around.
    i am not sure about you. i am dumping HP for life.
    Agreed.......they have lost me as a customer and my future buying decisions @ work....We were looking at upgrading all our enterprise pc/tech and now I have to wonder if it's smart to go with them. we were looking at the the touchpad for clinical input devices but not anymore. No way for treating your current customer base. Bye HP!
    Yes doc editing will come. HP just sold over a million devices in 1 day. So I'm sure its coming soon so hopefully 200k buy the probably $10 app. That will make about 2million right there.

and then the split between hp and dev
    <threads merged>
    I have been a webOS user and a member of this site since May of last year. I have only had one webOS phone and that was the Palm Pre Plus on Verizon. I still think it is an awesome phone and webOS is still the best in my opinion. But over the weekend, I did something I didnt think I would ever do. I got an Android phone.

Now before I get into this, Im going to say first off, that it wasnt completely my choice to make the switch. If it was up to me, I would have upgraded to the Pre 3. but we all know the story about that. Last week, HP dropped a bomb on us all. And it got me thinking a bit about my options.

I have been eligible for an upgrade which I was going to try and use when/if the Pre 3 came to Verizon. When I heard the news HP gave us last week, I got to thinking that it might not even happen. But the real reason I made the switch now is because Verizon offered me the buy one get one free deal for the Droid X2 when I added another line to my account. So instead of waiting for a phone that might not come and I may not even be able to afford due to personal financial hardships, I took the offer.

Now Im sure you want to hear about my thoughts on Android. After a weekend of playing with this thing, I find its something I'm going to have to get used to. This is my first Android phone but I have looked into the OS and know enough to know what Im doing. I like the openness of the OS and the ability to replace certain parts of the phone with apps. Good apps seem to be hard to find however. I dont know if its because there are so many in the market or what. But there arent very many apps I find that I feel I need.

WebOS is a lot more simpler and makes more sense. If webOS had this much openness and the ability to allow developers to change more stuff like Android does, webOS would be even better. One last idea I had when making this choice was that if the Pre 3 does come to Verizon, I can always sell this phone and use the money to get the Pre 3.

Im not ditching webOS at all. Just kind of switching it up for a bit until HP gets there stuff straight. Precentral will always be my home and Im going to keep coming here every day to see the development of webOS.

What do you guys think of my decision?
    Back to webOS with my new Touchpad!!!
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html
    I don't think there is anything wrong with trying something new. and if you hate it, you will be VERY happy with a Pre2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    <threads merged>
    Hey, I'm not complaining or saying farewell to webOS. lol
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I don't think there is anything wrong with trying something new. and if you hate it, you will be VERY happy with a Pre2.
    Yeah, I considered the Pre 2 at one point. But again, it was the money thing. This phone was free so I couldn't really pass it up. The Pre 2 for some reason was still about 200 bucks with my upgrade.