webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Nation Community >  General News & Discussion > Official: General Palm (HP/Palm) Complaints / Venting / Farewell Thread
Official: General Palm (HP/Palm) Complaints / Venting / Farewell Thread
Like Tree159Likes

Old 01/16/2011, 09:20 PM   #41 (permalink)

Amen.... no issues here, it's all personal opinion. The constant 'I jumped' posts are really getting annoying though.

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanked by bevcraw, Cantaffordit
Old 01/16/2011, 09:40 PM   #42 (permalink)

I'm pretty much hot on your heels. All of these promises by Palm / HP and my open-sourced phone can't even do voice dialing? If the announcement on Feb 9th isn't earth shattering, I'm looking at an EVO shift.
spike72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/16/2011, 09:50 PM   #43 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike72 View Post
I'm pretty much hot on your heels. All of these promises by Palm / HP and my open-sourced phone can't even do voice dialing? If the announcement on Feb 9th isn't earth shattering, I'm looking at an EVO shift.
Voice dialing should be coming with 2.0. Even with amazing new hardware, HPalm still has a lot of work to do to catch up with the more established mobile OS's though. WebOS will be great someday, just not for a while.
Garrett92C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/16/2011, 09:53 PM   #44 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
i have a complaint. i bought an HP laptop. and its been fantastic except for one fatal flaw. the touchpad, and the left/right click buttons are one and the same. i think that is an absolutely ridiculous design choice. 95% of the time, when i go to click something, i move the cursor.
My cousin has a HP laptop like that. It's such a pain to use lol. The trackpad is a shiny chrome color too. Pretty ugly in my opinion lol
Garrett92C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/16/2011, 09:53 PM   #45 (permalink)

I've only recently between playing with the Android voice features.

Sent from my eVo
Old 01/16/2011, 10:09 PM   #46 (permalink)

Start at 3:45 to see the complaint department:

YouTube - Monty Python: The Argument Clinic: Director's Cut
Cantaffordit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/17/2011, 05:45 PM   #47 (permalink)

I bought my wife an EVO today. We just could not bring ourselves to spend another 100 deductible for another Pre since one of our lines was already at upgrade time. I have to admit the EVO is pretty cool. I can see a big learning curve in her future after coming from the Pre. I didn't think I would like it but it that big display is awesome.

I have another upgrade coming in April and I really hope there is some sort of WEB OS phone for sprint by then. Please HP, make me a happy man.
tripsbacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/17/2011, 06:39 PM   #48 (permalink)

lol tim !!
P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
shadavis08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/17/2011, 07:12 PM   #49 (permalink)

<post merged>

Thanked By: Cantaffordit
Old 01/18/2011, 12:21 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
Voice dialing should be coming with 2.0. Even with amazing new hardware, HPalm still has a lot of work to do to catch up with the more established mobile OS's though. WebOS will be great someday, just not for a while.
Actually voice dialing should have come before 2.0 or 1.4. I didn't know about Palm until 09 when I heard about the centro/pre. I heard it had voice dialing along with my old samsung phone.
GTAFan9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/18/2011, 04:06 PM   #51 (permalink)

I'm not holding my breath for anything going forward. It's been a good phone in some ways and I've loved the form factor (even with a Seidio extended battery). I've rooted it and modded it almost as much as possible. I've still got 17 months on my Verizon contract so I won't be throwing it away but I'll be using it mainly for mifi/tethering as I have an unlimited data plan. But lemme tell ya'...I just got a Captivate and after rooting it and flashing a custom rom, it leaves the Pre+ so far in the dust that it's embarrassing. I now have a bonafide information center that responds to voice commands and has a skype client I can use on wifi - 2 things the Pre+ has always lacked that were a rude awakening early on. There are some things we can do to make a device what we need it to be despite the lack of cooperation/progress we get from the manufacturers and carriers; unfortunately, HP Palm has not made it even possible for me to do the things I find essential for a smartphone though I’ve been quite willing to take the initiative and some possible risk to get it there. They’ve also displayed an incredible lack of regard for their fiercely loyal minority; who the h*ll do they think they’re going to build any future market share on??
With my Android device, I can speak an address and almost instantly see a course plotted (with 3 choices) with voice directions ready to direct me. I can ask for information on any subject and if I enunciate the words clearly, I will see the search results in seconds, not to mention the ability to voice dial, open applications and dictate sms or emails which are accurately transcribed. I can use Skype in any hotspot without using my voice minutes with great audio fidelity. All with free apps. IMHO, I think HP Palms ship may have sailed. Without the loyal and precious minority I mentioned before, that just keeps shrinking because it’s been so let down, they’re going to have to find a whole new mother lode of gullible newbies no matter how cool their new stuff may look and seem, if they’re even going to be a player going forward. Even with the Pre 2 and WebOS 2 "just around the corner", it's far too little too late.
One thing I’m not unhappy about is that thanks to my Pre+ and Verizon’s unlimited data plan, I now have the best possible internet access – that my Captivate (as well as my laptop) will be very happy to avail itself of!
jthore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/2011, 10:49 AM   #52 (permalink)

Last night, my heavily patched Sprint Pre went into Offline Mode intermittently.
The keyboard light went off intermittently.
I have 10 launcher pages of apps.
7 of the pages disappeared.
My email accounts disappeared.

I created 1 new launcher page and dragged only the apps I really need to that page.

This morning...

Everything is back the way it was before.

This is my second Pre. The first died last September. Last night I decided to order the cheapest Sprint Android smart phone, the LG Optimus S. I think I'll have fun hacking around with it.

I missed the Jan 30 smartphone $10 activation fee hike and signed up for a corporate discount.

Well, it's goodbye WebOS for now. Hello Android.
mdshadley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/28/2011, 01:37 PM   #53 (permalink)

Not me! I'm not one of "those" people but a co-worker here has jumped ship to the Evo Shift 4G. She had been running a stock Sprint Pre for the past year and a half that I just recently patched and installed preware on and over clocked. She admitted that it felt like a new phone but there were so many better phones out there. I fear that this is the trend for WebOS until 2/9/11 rolls around or atleast a few weeks afterwards and actual devices have become available.

2-9-11 or Bust!
Old 01/28/2011, 01:48 PM   #54 (permalink)

<<threads merged>>

Old 01/29/2011, 10:04 AM   #55 (permalink)

Wow did you even read my post before you merged it?? It had nothing to do with any kind of general complaint... wtg...
Old 02/09/2011, 08:50 PM   #56 (permalink)

I waited for this ! ! Nothing til summer plus we don't even know if anything is coming to Sprint ! ! What a kick in the face ! ! Upgrade here I come ! ! HELLO EVO ! !
mrwonka75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by cnote1287 and verwon like this.
Old 02/09/2011, 08:51 PM   #57 (permalink)

Have fun. I'm not due for an update until January so I will reevaluate then, but right now its looking like a Pre 3 and a touchpad to boot!
ClemsonPre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/09/2011, 08:52 PM   #58 (permalink)

Definitely nice in the world of the Evo and you will not be disappointed with the change.
DSPKweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by verwon likes this.
Old 02/09/2011, 08:54 PM   #59 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSPKweb View Post
Definitely nice in the world of the Evo and you will not be disappointed with the change.
I second that, wholeheartedly.
dbdoinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by verwon likes this.
Old 02/09/2011, 08:58 PM   #60 (permalink)

I really have no issues with the pre 3 except for the release date. I do hope that it will come to sprint though. A 3.6in screen is the perfect size, not too big not too small. That in combo with the tablet and it will be a clean setup.
Stevesrjr86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, competition, cracked, farewell, frustrated, hammer, leaving, palm, pre, pre -, pre plus, pre3, preware, qvc, return, returned, sdk, switching, webos, webos 3.0, wpa2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0