Page 28 of 62 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031323338 ... LastLast
Like Tree168Likes
    I don't understand how a phone can cause so much turmoil, damn people its just a device, not a cheating wife.
    RoverNole and AZ8 like this.
    LOL! Wow. Immaturity shining through.
    I'm sorry to hear that webOS isn't working out for you. If you have an unlocked Pre 2 I'd be interested in purchasing off of you. PM if you really want to sell your phone.
    I am, therefore I think
    But I like my webOS devices

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    Quote Originally Posted by clayclay350 View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that webOS isn't working out for you. If you have an unlocked Pre 2 I'd be interested in purchasing off of you. PM if you really want to sell your phone.
    I'm gonna go cheat on my wife, and when she gets ****ed I'll just show her my phone. That 'outta teach her.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

clayclay350 likes this.
    Can we just close this thread before gets out of hand?
    Sprint Love
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    Can we just close this thread before gets out of hand?
    Too late! It was out of hand with the OP.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    What's with these whining messages?

Somebody prefers another device - fine. But the quitraging part is kinda pathetic.

Sell your phone, buy another one - done.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    But webos can to true multitasking. It better than 100k apps.
    I currently own a Pre Plus and an iPhone 4. To be honest the difference in multitasking is not that noticeable in everyday use. Tell me how you think this is better than 100K apps (BTW I think there are 200K).

My issues with iPhone are more pragmatic and some are dubiously related to multitasking - but other solutions would work as well.

An example: iPhone's Calendar entry from outlook sync - phone number in location field - not able to be dialed. Can't just quickly go back and forth with swipes like I can on my Palm. Can't edit the field so can't copy and paste it. Need pen and paper... oy!

However there are compensations. I shoot rockets so iPowerRocket is now on my phone. I have netflix on the phone. I have Skype on the phone. These are all great additions to my mobile portfolio.

Do I still love webOS? Yes. Do I love the iPhone? No. Would I use an iPhone over a webOS device - maybe... but I'm not sure. The entire Apple/iTunes model is a bit Orwellian for my tastes. Will I try a long term trial with Android - maybe. The UI in the iPhone while different from webOS is very mature and functions in a way that makes sense even if it is different. (Can't get used to Settings containing all settings for all programs!)

Do I feel like the iPhone 4 is perfect - heck no. It's laggy and slow at times completely non-responsive just like my Pre Plus. I suspect data networks are as important as the phones in this respect. The iPhone masks the lags better. And remember this is with a 1ghz phone vs. a 500mhz phone.

To the OP - if you bought the pre without understanding the limits - you haven't been reading up on it and you haven't paid any attention to the details out there. You have no business being angry at anyone but yourself. If you have specific programs or functions you need - you should ask about those before you leap in feet first.

Can I get an Amen brothers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    I currently own a Pre Plus and an iPhone 4. To be honest the difference in multitasking is not that noticeable in everyday use. Tell me how you think this is better than 100K apps (BTW I think there are 200K).

My issues with iPhone are more pragmatic and some are dubiously related to multitasking - but other solutions would work as well.

An example: iPhone's Calendar entry from outlook sync - phone number in location field - not able to be dialed. Can't just quickly go back and forth with swipes like I can on my Palm. Can't edit the field so can't copy and paste it. Need pen and paper... oy!

However there are compensations. I shoot rockets so iPowerRocket is now on my phone. I have netflix on the phone. I have Skype on the phone. These are all great additions to my mobile portfolio.

Do I still love webOS? Yes. Do I love the iPhone? No. Would I use an iPhone over a webOS device - maybe... but I'm not sure. The entire Apple/iTunes model is a bit Orwellian for my tastes. Will I try a long term trial with Android - maybe. The UI in the iPhone while different from webOS is very mature and functions in a way that makes sense even if it is different. (Can't get used to Settings containing all settings for all programs!)

Do I feel like the iPhone 4 is perfect - heck no. It's laggy and slow at times completely non-responsive just like my Pre Plus. I suspect data networks are as important as the phones in this respect. The iPhone masks the lags better. And remember this is with a 1ghz phone vs. a 500mhz phone.

To the OP - if you bought the pre without understanding the limits - you haven't been reading up on it and you haven't paid any attention to the details out there. You have no business being angry at anyone but yourself. If you have specific programs or functions you need - you should ask about those before you leap in feet first.

Can I get an Amen brothers?
    Amen !

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    Wait. Did someone say something? Couldn't hear over the awesomely clicky physical keyboard on my Veer. Oh, well. If it's important I'll hear about it.

Next thread!
    LordSecksie likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by SBpalmpre View Post
    <<mod delete>> You webOS. I My mom won't be able to buy another iPhone til the end of the year now.
    Fixed it for you.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    wanna know one good thing about being born a few years before the OP?

Immature rants were not posted, archived, and available on the internets.

whew!

seriously, though, these are simply devices that assist us, they don't make us.

GL!
    I see pandas.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    wanna know one good thing about being born a few years before the OP?

Immature rants were not posted, archived, and available on the internets.

whew!

seriously, though, these are simply devices that assist us, they don't make us.

GL!
    No one would ever have taken me seriously if the Internet had been around when I was a hot head.
    PrinceAlbert likes this.
  15.    #555  
    <<thread merged>>

................sound of crickets
    Cantaffordit likes this.
    It pains me to write this post, but as a launch day Sprint Pre owner, I think the time has come for me to move on from my sixth (and now failing) Pre Minus. With the realization that the wait for a new WebOS phone is going to be a relatively long one, it's prudent for me to seek a more current phone that can meet the demands I have for my job (newspaper reporter).

I love WebOS, and currently own a Touchpad. I'm hopeful that some of the initial kinks get worked out by HP in the near future via OTA updates, and getting Kindle and the Movie Store are good first steps. Plus, I'm sure the homebrew community will just continue to amaze us with their work and help grow the platform, as well.

My question is this, though. I've been intrigued by the Windows 7 phone OS and wonder if there are any users on here who can give me their opinions based on their experience. I know Sprint is kind of light on Windows phones, but I have to think that will change once the Mango update goes live. Plus, the existing handset they do have is not necessarily a bad one, and a step up in terms of build quality compared to my oreo'd Pre Minus.

I'm not necessarily a fan of Android's OS and have tried out a few phones with it installed from family and friends, but Windows has interested me the most thus far.

If, in the future, HP can get a foothold on the market and get a WebOS phone to Sprint, I will most definitely return to the WebOS smartphone fold. WebOS is the best smartphone OS on the market, in my opinion, but the hardware is just not there for me right now, and it's not benefitting me at all to keep waiting for things to improve. Plus, Sprint is still the most affordable for me in terms of carriers, and that's a big positive for me. I welcome any advice from my fellow Precentral readers.
  17.    #557  
    HI maynardblue - you will be able to find answers to your windows7 mobile questions on our sister-site: wpcentral if no one here is able to give you any info.
    I made the switch from a Pre Plus to the Samsung Focus. Honestly the only thing I miss most from webOS is the flicking away to close apps. Multitasking is not that big of a thing for me anymore and that will be coming in Mango anyway. Windows Phone is more fun to use than webOS and many apps are actually pretty good and artistically pleasing. The OS has also been very stable with the NoDo update.

Here is an early video review of the HTC Arrive:

Hope this helps out a little...
    the world is ending... goodbye
    I like my EVO haven't had any problems with the phone yet. HTC phones are built solid. Rooting it was a bit more challenging than the pre. Still miss webOS a bit.

-Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk