Page 26 of 62 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829303136 ... LastLast
Like Tree168Likes
    You take care. I can't say that I blame you. I'm feeling kind of bummed out about HP's pushing back the Pre 3 myself. I almost bought the Palm Pre 2 (almost!) I came to my senses I will try and hold on.
    Hi all,

I recently sent the following message to the Palmcast area. I wanted to make a comment on the show but thought I'd post it here as well because I have not seen a thread about this issue yet. (If there is, please let me know the link and I will remove/move this posting).

Hi all,

I had trouble getting into the Palmcast early enough to get my question or comment in about the Touchpad, so maybe you can read it on the next Palmcast.

Here is my comment (posted in comments on the Palmcast for Touchpad Special:

What the heck happened to HP's promise of a big marketing push when the Touchpad was released?

I did not see one TV ad about it all weekend (and I was home sick watching TV most of the time).

But I did see plenty of ads for the Galaxy Pad, and those ads looked good.

What happened to the big 'in-store' marketing?

I went to a Best Buy, and they just had a counter with some Touchpads on it?

They should have had an HP rep their all weekend demonstrating it just like they do for the 'Veggie Matic'.

So this is their marketing push! Nothing!

Well, I'm very disappointed in how HP has handled this launch.

BTW, I picked up a Touchpad and first, it really felt heavy at first. Then I went to launch the email app and I had to wait an awful long time for it to appear?

Not great for people walking into a store to try and see what it can do by themselves without an HP rep there to guide you through a demonstration.
    If this is what HP has in mind for marketing to the masses, well I now don’t have much hope for it!

I'm a disappointed WebOS fan now!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by i_maq View Post
    Cool story bro, also, there's a thread for that http://forums.precentral.net/hp-palm...ll-thread.html
    Wow, I had no idea there was an 'Official Thread' for it! haha
    That's freakin funny...and crappy all at the same time
    Dude, really? 23 phones in 24 month period. I've had my original Pre+ for 16 months now and its still rockin'! Wow, you're tough on phones. I feel sorry for your Droid X2.
    Well, I left a little bit ago. I had a Palm Pixi Plus on Verizon, and I loved it to death. Then I upgraded it to 2.1. That killed my battery life, and just to keep it working, I had to carry around my USB cable to keep it charged. I could have doctored back, but I am lazy, and since I had a BlackBerry Tour lying around, I activated that, and I love it. When my contract is up, I'll probably have the new BlackBerry or Palm Pre. Kind of annoying since I have had Palms since I was about 5, when I got a VIIx for my birthday. I still have that, as a matter of fact.
    I dont know what it is but Im thinking about jumping ship. With the news of the IpadHd I started looking into the Iphone5 as well. I have a sprint Pre and it doenst look like they are getting the pre3. I dont know what to do man.. The iphone5 looks so thin and badass. I also cant imagine how nice the IpadHD will look. I just feel like HP will always be chasing their tail and never get ahead of apple on phones or tablets and we will always be hoping for the next model or the next update to fix the issues. thoughts? I love WebOS but damn man....
    I've seen about 50 posts similar to this one "I'm going to jump ship" etc.... If you want the simplicity of iOS and its limitations..leave, plain and simple...how you control your tablet is all up to you and that's why there are choices.
    someone help me and talk me off the ledge...
    Isn't webos suppose to be simpler to use and more intuitive?
    If you're waiting for HP to take the lead then you might as well move on to a different platform. HP isn't trying to take the lead from Apple.

Also, since the Pre3 will most likely not go to Sprint, that's not HP's fault. That's on the carrier. Sprint has the final word on what they sell/carry, not HP.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    I think you might want to read this post ogloco, it hits on some similar points:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-back-now.html
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    Isn't webos suppose to be simpler to use and more intuitive?
    WebOS is simple to use and more intuitive for more complex usages, like moving back and forth between Apps, managing a large number of online accounts (I have 7 email accounts synced, 7 or 8 calendars including app generated events, etc.), answering many notifications, etc.

For doing one app at a time and a smaller number of accounts, iOS is probably the best. You open one, do your thing. Close it and open another one. All the same and no brain activity required.
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
    Why be nervous? Just buy the phone and/or tablet you like the best.
    sm07 likes this.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ogloco21 View Post
    I dont know what it is but Im thinking about jumping ship. With the news of the IpadHd I started looking into the Iphone5 as well. I have a sprint Pre and it doenst look like they are getting the pre3. I dont know what to do man.. The iphone5 looks so thin and badass. I also cant imagine how nice the IpadHD will look. I just feel like HP will always be chasing their tail and never get ahead of apple on phones or tablets and we will always be hoping for the next model or the next update to fix the issues. thoughts? I love WebOS but damn man....
    If you want to look cool, go get the iPad/iPhone. But at least you should wait after they are announced by Apple, not based on rumors.

If you want to use your device and work on it, I think WebOS has an edge. The only down side is the lack of Apps, which I suggest HP to just hire a bunch of software engineers and write their own. HP should create an App for each major banks, an App for each online store, an App for each ebook vendor (not just Amazon), etc. and keep them all open source (maybe not the banks) and let the developers improve on them if needed.
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    i think sprint will get the pre3..this is why its being delayed. initially, i believe the summer release was just for att and verizon, but hp smartened up and decided to go with all 3 carriers, and i suppose convincing or working out a deal with sprint is whats delaying it to the fall.
    I have been faithfully using my Pre on sprint for 2 years now. I have been waiting on the touchpad and sprint Pre 3 for a long time. Bought the touchpad and couldnt live with the jumping web browser, I had to return it. The original Pre's hardware is just to old for me and had to upgrade, I couldn't wait anymore for a yes or no answer on sprints availability
    Of the pre3. I guess webs and hp lost me. My money is ripe for the picking if hp would just deliver. Picked up a motorola xprt running android, and it's a great phone. I will just have to live without flicking cards....I am typing this on my iPad 2 with a great web browser.

Maybe the tp2 will be on my Xmas list.
    thread merged
    HP Pre 3 not Coming to Sprint

Quote Originally Posted by scorpeo88 View Post
    i think sprint will get the pre3..this is why its being delayed. initially, i believe the summer release was just for att and verizon, but hp smartened up and decided to go with all 3 carriers, and i suppose convincing or working out a deal with sprint is whats delaying it to the fall.
    Hello Friends!

Iīm very sad...Because I like WebOS very very much, but I simply will not buy another HP-Device again.
    Hereīs my story:

Wanted to buy a Veer, a Pre3 and Touchpad for myself, and also possibly for several more workers in our company.

So I went to HP PreSales Business support online, gave them all my personal information and asked if they plan to release WebOS3 on the Veer and Pre3 in the future.
    Simple question.
    After the WebOS2-Broken Promise from HP (I have spent several hundreds of dollars in several Palm Pres and accessories) I just wanted to be sure exactly what to expect before I buy.

So, after two days, I got an auto-reply from HP customer support: You can call us, rates do apply and can be more expensive than stated.

So, these HP-Guys
    1. donīt want to get their info out in written, provable form
    2. do not want to get nailed down to their promises
    3. Loyal customers, even Business Customers, mean nothing to them
    4. provide a worthless Email-PreSales-Support

What kind of support can you then expect after you bought?

My experiences with HP so far:

- Palm Pre stuck in England Repair for 10 Weeks, I phoned them two times a week (as they proposed!!! "Please call us!" Familiar? See above...) and they promised me from beginning to end that I "will have my repaired Pre back in the next 3 days"
    - No official WebOS2 on PalmPre as promised, even no bugfixes to WebOS 1.4.5
    - No 50$ coupon for me with the "make things right"-sales promotion (no reply from HP to my email concerning this question, either)
    - poor hardware-quality (phone defect two times in a year) combined with poor support. You have to call if you want your phone back, they simply donīt call you.

So: Wouldnīt I be called completely GaGa if I blew several hundred dollars in a company like HP that treats their customers the way they do?

(I also have similar experiences with HP from back in the days when I purchased their first CD-Burner (fail), their printers and the way they treat some of their business customers (license policies, servers) (fail).)

One word more and more comes to my mind: HP=Arrogance
    Quote Originally Posted by ksom View Post
    If you want to look cool, go get the iPad/iPhone. But at least you should wait after they are announced by Apple, not based on rumors.

If you want to use your device and work on it, I think WebOS has an edge. The only down side is the lack of Apps, which I suggest HP to just hire a bunch of software engineers and write their own. HP should create an App for each major banks, an App for each online store, an App for each ebook vendor (not just Amazon), etc. and keep them all open source (maybe not the banks) and let the developers improve on them if needed.
    What can you do on Touchpad you can't do on another tablet device? You can edit doc, spreadsheets, presentation, send to projector, printer, remote control another PC/Server, use virtual desktop etc. What exactly gives the Touchpad such an advantage?