Page 24 of 62 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 480 of 1235
Like Tree168Likes
  1. #461  
    ITS A PHONE PEOPLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! get a grip !!!!!
    my god you people act like your God abandoned you and you have no hope in life. wow. I still have a launch day pre and it works great. it still does most things i want a phone to do. my wife has the evo 4g and i use it all the time to help her use it. IT IS NO webOS. I HATE IT. the UI is clunky and switching tasks and going back and forth sucks.....yes i said it sucks. if you think the evo is great....wow. the camera is great and the video chat is great. the screen is big. honestly thats about it. i am running overclocked 800mhz and its just as fast in most areas. I love the cards system, the touchstone, the backswipes...etc.etc. if you dont love webOS please leave and dont ever come back...its a phone not a child or wife who left you or let you down. the touchpad is friggin brilliant and makes the ipad look clunky and android look stupid. If you cant understand the beauty of webOS then go...but for god sakes quit trolling. you are a quitter...simple and plain. my father in law left for the iphone and he was droooling over the touchpad today....its that good....webOS ui HAS NO Competition truthfully.....sorry for the anger but so sick of hearing what palm or hp owes us.....they owe us nothing. we love the OS thats why we are here.
  2. #462  
    <thread merged>
  3. #463  
    I sort of hoped HP would hit one out of the park with the TouchPad and not release a beta tablet, like so many Android tabs have been. But it seems HP did the same thing, sluggish performance to be fixed with update, can't edit MS Office docs to be fixed with update...you get the picture, the list goes on and is quite long. I know it took Apple 2 years to release the iPad, but HP did not have to start from scratch, WebOS is quite mature, and has been around for a while. I'll be waiting for TouchPad2, or whatever the next generation is to lay out my hard earned cash.
  4. #464  
    enyo (3.0) was a complete rewrite....all basic apps rewritten...was like starting over.

    best yet to come....in the coming months....
  5. ieko's Avatar
    Posts
    354 Posts
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    #465  
    They did have to start from scratch, mojo just wasn't good enough -- I think all of us know that from using it from 1.x to 2.x

    They did a lot in a year -- I'm not saying I wish we got an iPad 2 (hardware) with webOS, but I expect the next version to be up to par -- they have the time now to figure it out.
  6. #466  
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    enyo (3.0) was a complete rewrite....all basic apps rewritten...was like starting over.

    best yet to come....in the coming months....
    I'll be watching and waiting!
    But they had to know of all the shortcomings, why not put off the launch 15 days if that is what it takes to fix most of these things, especially the performance. IMHO it was a huge mistake to release a tablet that pauses for up to 10 seconds, and then catches up to your taps and swipes. Especially if it us just a software fix. When it hit the shelves that is one thing it should not have done, it should have flown full speed at all times.
  7. #467  
    Idk why people keep complaining about no doc editing. I'm using Google Docs online and it works like a charm. Unless Quick Office has some amazing features I'm all good with Google Docs.
  8. #468  
    Quote Originally Posted by sandlizard View Post
    I sort of hoped HP would hit one out of the park with the TouchPad and not release a beta tablet, like so many Android tabs have been. But it seems HP did the same thing, sluggish performance to be fixed with update, can't edit MS Office docs to be fixed with update...you get the picture, the list goes on and is quite long. I know it took Apple 2 years to release the iPad, but HP did not have to start from scratch, WebOS is quite mature, and has been around for a while. I'll be waiting for TouchPad2, or whatever the next generation is to lay out my hard earned cash.
    What sluggish performance??
  9. #469  
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    What sluggish performance??
    Have you used a Touch Pad? My friends new TP pauses, not often maybe a couple times in 2 hours of serious putting it through the paces. The pauses are sometimes short, sometimes 10 seconds. The TP catches up with your commands, they are not lost, but the pauses are annoying. This is the sluggish performance I am referring to.
    As far as editing MS docs, if you don't use Google docs, and I don't it is an issue, and a fairly big one. I use Word to compose emails as part of Outlook, and use Office 2010, so why would I use Google docs?
  10. #470  
    Quote Originally Posted by boyo3221 View Post
    ITS A PHONE PEOPLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! get a grip !!!!!
    my god you people act like your God abandoned you and you have no hope in life. wow. I still have a launch day pre and it works great. it still does most things i want a phone to do. my wife has the evo 4g and i use it all the time to help her use it. IT IS NO webOS. I HATE IT. the UI is clunky and switching tasks and going back and forth sucks.....yes i said it sucks. if you think the evo is great....wow. the camera is great and the video chat is great. the screen is big. honestly thats about it. i am running overclocked 800mhz and its just as fast in most areas. I love the cards system, the touchstone, the backswipes...etc.etc. if you dont love webOS please leave and dont ever come back...its a phone not a child or wife who left you or let you down. the touchpad is friggin brilliant and makes the ipad look clunky and android look stupid. If you cant understand the beauty of webOS then go...but for god sakes quit trolling. you are a quitter...simple and plain. my father in law left for the iphone and he was droooling over the touchpad today....its that good....webOS ui HAS NO Competition truthfully.....sorry for the anger but so sick of hearing what palm or hp owes us.....they owe us nothing. we love the OS thats why we are here.
    I understand your frustation but you must understand, everyone is different. To you it's "just a phone," To some of us it's a phone, a media player, Facebook, checkbook, password manager, document editor, food tracker, gym tracker, shopping list, you name it. We're dorks so I apologize. My daughter loves her Pre Plus and wants the Pre 3 and I'm going to get it for her. The only thing holding me on is the fact that I've "homebrewed" the heck out of my phone. But, I feel like I marched to the drum long enough and can't go without the simple things like document editing anymore. Even you yourself said it does "most" things you want a phone to do. Sorry, but I'm not a blind flag waving patriot anymore. No one said HP owes us anything. HP said that. I could care less. I just don't like people not following through. Don't say you're going to do something and not do it. Why would I want $50 off a beta Touchpad? Yes Beta. Read Precentral's article about Jon R's email to employees. He's talking about various reviews stating it's slow and sluggish and he goes on to say they already knew that and are working on an update to fix it. Jon's words not mine. Your Father-in-Law was drooling over the Touchpad? Show me a male that doesn't drool over a new tech gadget. I'd probably drool over a stupid Playbook if I had it in my hands. One last thing, the only person trolling here is you. This is a thread for people that are sad cuz they're moving on. I agree though Android sucks. I don't want to go Apple so what am I to do? Write back, this is fun.
  11. #471  
    This is essentially what I sent HP via email today:

    My 64GB WiFi iPad has served me nicely for over a year with my Palm Pre Plus as a hotspot.

    Upon the announcement of the HP Touchpad, I salivated for a second because I respect WebOS but then decided against it (no 3G yet, few apps, and a bit bulky).

    Then I thought about what incentive it would take to make me leave the iOS platform. It would be the same thing that motivated me to get a Palm Pre Plus -- free hotspot. If HP decides to subsidize a carrier and provide its tablet with no/low cost 3G, I might give it a try. It would get it in more hands and result in more apps -- the biggest problem HP has.

    FYI - I have a HP Pavillion laptop and a HP Photosmart Premier Printer.

    Please pass this on to your Marketing and or Sales organization.
    I really hope HP considers this when they release their 3G tablet. Free or low cost 3G would be the only thing that would keep me from continuing with iPads.
  12. #472  
    Well, aside from my four other refurbished phones, it was fun. I really couldn't wait any longer for the Pre 3 and had to get a new durable and reliable phone. I almost got a Nexus S 4G but honestly, I can't stand Android. I couldn't bring myself to go from WebOS to Android, Android simply doesn't look or feel as good as WebOS (That is, when my Pre was overclocked, WebOS with a few other patches ran nice and smoothly) and not nearly as nicely styled as Windows Phone 7. Not to mention, it would feel like a real traitorous thing to do as I had talked smack about Android to all of my friends before.

    Then I decided to get the HTC Arrive simply because it was the most reliable smartphone that Sprint has to offer. I have no regrets going the Windows Phone 7 route and it reminds me of the WebOS community as its another underdog operating system. Not to mention, Mango is very impressive from what I've seen. After experiencing this, I've got to say, the Pre- felt like a real piece of plastic junk next to this heavy aluminum clad tank. WP7 has hands down the best looking OS and its incredibly fluid. My battery life lasts a day longer than my Pre-. Now that I look back on it, the Pre- reminds me of an old British sports car. It wasn't the fastest or the most agile, it broke down often, it was quirky, but for some reason, I liked it.

    The only thing I truly miss is my ringer switch... When will the manufacturers learn.
  13.    #473  
    <<threads merged>>
  14. rwhidden's Avatar
    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    #474  
    See

    prethadd81
    07/02/2011, 04:50 AM
    PreCentral Forums > webOS tablets > HP TouchPad > I love my touchpad.

    and others for TP purchased by Pre- users and as expected no touch to share or other features pairing with Veer and Pre3 but no Palm Profile problems and calls to Pre- can be answered on TP. Also multiple accounts of no delays once the sync is finished since this is a device that doesn't connect to a PC (you listening iCrap fans) to sync. As well, having a working Flash implementation eliminates the need for thousands of apps as you can use the web based version. Touche, iLame devices.

    Glad I don't have to buy a BlackBerry or Android tablet after all.

    Cheers, Ray
  15. #475  
    <thread merged>
  16. kamaru's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    #476  
    I have been waiting for this tablet like a kid waits for Christmas. I was at Best Buy Friday morning when it opened rushing in to get mine, worried that they would sell out before I got one.

    I have talked this thing up to everyone I know, telling them about how this is THE tablet that will give the iPad a run for it's money.

    So now that I have one and I've used it and shown it around, I've made excuses to my friends and to myself about why it isn't what I told them it would be. "It will get better", "Just wait for the software updates". But, I'm kidding myself and them.

    It is slow, the fonts are terrible and often hard to read. The scrolling is shaky and it does this freezing thing every few seconds. Kindle, one of things I was looking forward to most, isn't working. I often have to bump it to get the screen orientation to work when I rotate it. The screen leaks light around the edges. The web browse is SLOW.

    All the while I've been saying, I just need to wait until the software updates. It will get better. It WILL get better. It has to get better, right?

    I was just sitting here trying to play a card game and after it froze again and again and again, I just can't do it. I wanted to like this thing, I really did. But it just isn't worth the wait, or the money I paid for it.

    So, I'm boxing it up and I'm taking it back. I really hope they get it right eventually, but this isn't it.

    I still love webOS, and I wish them the best.

    I really do.
  17. #477  
    <<threads merged>>
  18. #478  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamaru View Post
    I have been waiting for this tablet like a kid waits for Christmas. I was at Best Buy Friday morning when it opened rushing in to get mine, worried that they would sell out before I got one.

    I have talked this thing up to everyone I know, telling them about how this is THE tablet that will give the iPad a run for it's money.

    So now that I have one and I've used it and shown it around, I've made excuses to my friends and to myself about why it isn't what I told them it would be. "It will get better", "Just wait for the software updates". But, I'm kidding myself and them.

    It is slow, the fonts are terrible and often hard to read. The scrolling is shaky and it does this freezing thing every few seconds. Kindle, one of things I was looking forward to most, isn't working. I often have to bump it to get the screen orientation to work when I rotate it. The screen leaks light around the edges. The web browse is SLOW.

    All the while I've been saying, I just need to wait until the software updates. It will get better. It WILL get better. It has to get better, right?

    I was just sitting here trying to play a card game and after it froze again and again and again, I just can't do it. I wanted to like this thing, I really did. But it just isn't worth the wait, or the money I paid for it.

    So, I'm boxing it up and I'm taking it back. I really hope they get it right eventually, but this isn't it.

    I still love webOS, and I wish them the best.

    I really do.
    Thanks, don't worry too much. You don't own anybody any apologies. It's an expensive item, it's hp's duty to satisfy you, not the other way around. Wait and see if opal will be better.

    ---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
  19. mauro1's Avatar
    Posts
    205 Posts
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    #479  
    ARRRRRGHHHHH!!!!!!

    I so miss the gosh darned gestures!!!!

    now I gotta effin' find the back button everytime I wanna get back to the previous scene.

    now props for a much nicer implementation of cut/paste.


    still if I dont have gestures *** is the point of sticking with webOS?
    Palm Pilot -> IBM WorkPad -> Handspring Visor -> Palm VIIx -> Palm T|X -> Palm Pre -> US GSM Palm Pre 2 [shelved] and 16GB HP TouchPad [died] -> (Samsung GNex and 32GB HP Touchpad with CM9)
  20. #480  
    Let me recommend a support group: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-miss-you.html

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions