Page 22 of 62 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
Like Tree168Likes
    Thank you! I am already registered under the same handle at Android Central if anyone over there wants to show me the ropes. I shall return!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Hey what phone did you get Mike? I just registered over there myself not too long ago... I'm still plugging away with my Pre, but girlfriend is getting an Incredible S from Bell shortly (when they get re-stocked from the store we visited today). She's not as tech-savvy as i , & would rather I do all the scouring for her, I guess lol.

It will be interesting for me as I've never really had an opportunity to actually compare phones and OS's the way I will (if she'll let me )

It's a sheltered life when you're confined to only knowing one way (or OS for that matter) to do something.

Actually just bought Forums for this reason, as well. Anyway I'll see you around here or there.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    As a devoted palm user it is sad to see how apple os and android have killed the palm phone. The most important medical program epocrates has pulled out of webos and that does not portend well with things to come. 6000 applications to 200000 or more iphone applications? There is no longer any practical reason to continue with these phones, thoughts?
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I use next to no apps, so care naught. Didn't on Android either, but I was a 2008-9 user when it had less apps as well ;p
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    From original Palm Pilot to original Pre looks like this will be my last Palm/HP hand held as cannot buy/use TouchPad because of Palm Profile issues between 1.4.5 and 2.2/3.0 on my two year contract remaining with Bell Mobility Canada; looks like I'll get a PlayBook since it's the only other true multitasking tablet OS and have always heard good things about QNX.

That's how badly HP has dropped the ball for us original Palm Pre owners. Meanwhile the frustration of not being able to add any new apps (like who's writing apps for webOS 1.4.5 anymore) while my contract expires in two years.

I've been seriously thinking of dropping about $4,000.00 on HP gear like a high end six processor computer and high capacity color printer but seriously looking for alternatives now.

Very disappointed Palm/HP user.

Ray in Edmonton Alberta Canada
    You can't just boycott HP just because Palm had to make tough decisions about the future of it's operating system.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    You can't just boycott HP just because Palm had to make tough decisions about the future of it's operating system.
    Oh I think he can. And he's gonna!

Shazam!!
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Hate to say it but its hard for us Bell Pre- users, probably just as hard as the Sprint users. I've solved some of the problem by metadoctoring my pre- to 2.1. BUT I've got an extra year on my contract and it seems like Rogers is getting all the cool Palm\HP stuff now

Just wondering how not officially getting 2.1 or any official information on whats going to happen to us bell users has ANYTHING to do with 6 grand worth of other computer hardware.
    try to get a pre 2 or any other device unlocked

we're not sure what carrier in the entire world will be carrying the new stuff.. just gotta wait and see

also, with telus and rogers now offering new upgrade/cancellation policies... i don't see bell too far off since they just match each other now.. maybe you'll be able to move.
  10.    #430  
    <<merged>>
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcbo89 View Post
    Hate to say it but its hard for us Bell Pre- users, probably just as hard as the Sprint users. I've solved some of the problem by metadoctoring my pre- to 2.1. BUT I've got an extra year on my contract and it seems like Rogers is getting all the cool Palm\HP stuff now

Just wondering how not officially getting 2.1 or any official information on whats going to happen to us bell users has ANYTHING to do with 6 grand worth of other computer hardware.
    From what I got in the voice message from Rick in reply to my email to Leo A. Palm Profile v2.1 doesn't cut it; has to be v2.2 and the only device with that now is the Veer and Pre3 whenever it is released. I have seen no way to move a 1.4.5 device to 2.2.

RE: $ 4 - 6 grand worth of other purchases of HP equipment

when you get burned once, you don't stick around to get burned again and yet again. Just wanted to make the point HP does have competitors that may benefit from their decisions.

Cheers, Ray
    I'm moving to Android soon. I have no interest in waiting for a Pre 3 when there won't be any new apps for it. The Pre was the first great phone Sprint had to offer and it's been wonderful, but it's time for something new.
    Sold my Veer the other day. I tried to make it my fulltime phone. It's a cool novelty device, just wasn't for me.

I still have my Pre Plus... but not my primary device due to lack of apps.

My hopes are still high. I'm still saving my upgrade for the Pre3 on AT&T, and I'm also hoping for a great boom in app development as Touchpad and PRE3 hit the market.

I hope I'm not hoping for a lot (huh?).
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhidden View Post
    From what I got in the voice message from Rick in reply to my email to Leo A. Palm Profile v2.1 doesn't cut it; has to be v2.2 and the only device with that now is the Veer and Pre3 whenever it is released. I have seen no way to move a 1.4.5 device to 2.2.

RE: $ 4 - 6 grand worth of other purchases of HP equipment

when you get burned once, you don't stick around to get burned again and yet again. Just wanted to make the point HP does have competitors that may benefit from their decisions.

Cheers, Ray
    How about posting what he actually said, instead of your interpretation of what he said? I seriously doubt he said "Palm Profile v2.1 doesn't cut it". I suspect you're wrong in your intepretation, but we'd like see the actual information given.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    If you read my original message above, I quoted what he said: TouchPad uses ver 3.0 and only compatible devices like the Veer w/2.2 and Pre3 will work with it. My interpretation from that is v 2.1 doesn't cut it and know of no way to move a 1.4.5 device to 2.2. Is that clear enough?

Cheers, Ray
    I've been a silent member of PC for almost 2 years. Haven't posted much of anything, but as a Pre- owner, loved being a part of. I have mad respect for the WebOS community, especially the homebrewers. WebOS Internals is an incredibly talented organization, and without their assistance my (second, replacement) Pre would have been toast long ago.

I was due for an upgrade on 6/1, and decided it was time to look elsewhere. My Sprint plan cannot be touched by any other provider, so switching companies was not going to happen. The EVO 3D had captured my attention several months ago. I received it Wednesday, and couldn't be happier.

I really loved WebOS. Palm hit a home run, but if you honestly look at the current state of WebOS 2.x (not getting into Touchpad & Android tablet arguments) vs. what Android 2.3.3 offer, in terms of features, it was a really simple decision.

HP has allowed WebOS to die, in my admittingly not-so-humble opinion. I know, I know, WebOS has the best multitasking. No argument there - I believe that. Everything else? I have to concede to Android (painful as it is to realize that for myself). Yeah, the tap-to-share feature between phones and tablets is interesting. Google has NFC. It just didn't make sense for me to stick around - I am a power user, and need a power phone, on Sprint. Sadly, it would appear a Pre 3 isn't coming to Sprint any time soon.

So I chose Android, got the EVO 3D, and love it. I'm open to hearing what HP has to offer in the future. I wish them the best, as well as the WebOS community. Perhaps our paths will cross again.

[Tangent: I registered @ Android Central under the same nick, if you are looking for me there. Oh, and the EVO 3D? Didn't buy it for the 3D, but it's nice, and the features of the phone are beyond my wildest imagination. Yeah, it's a hell of a lot bigger than my old Pre, but man, this phone can do anything, #phonestoobig doesn't apply to me.]

[Edit: Post #404 FTW! ~ Web devs phone what that means]
    stlsports likes this.
    I didn't want to leave you but you made me leave. Sure, you know how to cook(operating system) but I need more. Once you learned more then you left me for sugar daddies(AT&T, Verizon). I gave you time, patience and all you gave me was silence(Sprint). You told me to wait and wait and wait and I did at first but you weren't built to last. You kept making promises but you never delivered. So finally I had to move on to that other girl(Android). Sure, she can't cook like you but boy does she have a body on her(hardware)and she has many tricks up her sleeves(Apps). I thought we would last(palm profile) but I could no longer bear the burden of being mistreated. Maybe in the future we will hook up again but for now I wish you the best. *jumps in the car with his new broad Evo 3D.
    stlsports likes this.
    Probably should be in the complaints/I'm leaving thread
    Sob, boo-hoo-hoo, sob, sob
    <<another thread merged>>