Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 12345671252 ... LastLast
Like Tree168Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    (If you're still even thinking about Palm at all)..

WAY TO MISS THE MARKET

You were in there.. now no one knows your name.

$1.2bn
    with $42B in revenue last year, SOMEBODY out there knows who HP is.......
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    there was a time when the following was defacto.

smartphone = palm
    palm = smartphone

could'a would'a should'a, its all history now.
    IMO I guessing HP didnt have the specific device, or devices ready for primetime yet to introduce them. They also feel that complete silence is better then leaking a photo and specs here and there. IMO its ok to have silenece, just when it time to introduce these devices on 2/09 like someone before said it better be the best thing since slice bread or else it will be a tough year for webos products.
    Even iPad 2 and Verizon iPhone(albeit removed from YouTube) details are leaking. And HP still says nothing until the 9th of Feb.??
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Well we better have the following for 2/9/11 HP.

1. Actual devices, not prototypes, but ready for primetime devices with solid and dependable hardware
    2. Carriers they will be on first. Hopefully Sprint will be the first carrier.
    3. Release dates, perferably within 15 days of announcement.
    4. A true, hardnose advertising campaign on TV, radio, magazines, etc so people will finally know what webOS really is. HP and Sprint need to spend the bucks.

If we are going to be part of the smartphone universe, then my suggestion is to make some noise. Windows Phone has made a run for significance. We need a bigger, better run and not be just significant, but a game changing alternative to Apple, Android, and Blackberry.
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by briwest View Post
    I personally don't care about HP, Apple, Google or RIM. I will simply choose the phone that best suits my needs. Today it's a Verizon Palm Pre Plus. Who knows what the future will bring?

All this vitriol makes no sense to me.
    I really like this post; it reflects my sentiments as well. I simply refuse to be held captive by any phone. I am not captivated by what took place at CES, nor what will take place on February 9th. I simply choose phones based on their utility. My AT&T pre plus works for all of my needs. That's all that is important to me. I will be eligible for an upgrade in 4 months. However, AT&T gave me a pre plus to replace another model phone in November 2010. So, my phone is not even 2 months old. I think that this phone should last me at least another year. Right now, I do not anticipate even looking to get another phone until then. So, for now, I will just rely on the good people on this forum for advice about my phone, as well as patches.

To reiterate, I agree with briwest, all of this vitriol makes no sense!
    I have mostly lurked here for the past year and I just wanted to say goodbye. I have joined the dark side and just activated my Evo.

I also wanted to say thanks to this community, you guys made webOS great, the problem was that the hardware was so poor I had to go. After my fifth replacement Pre had problems - I lost my temper and got and Evo for $150 shipped.

Best of luck guys and hopefully you'll get some good news in February.
    I hope that the next webOS phone will tempt you back. You are always welcome!

<<thread merged>>

Quote Originally Posted by whoispaulallen View Post
    I have mostly lurked here for the past year and I just wanted to say goodbye. I have joined the dark side and just activated my Evo.

I also wanted to say thanks to this community, you guys made webOS great, the problem was that the hardware was so poor I had to go. After my fifth replacement Pre had problems - I lost my temper and got and Evo for $150 shipped.

Best of luck guys and hopefully you'll get some good news in February.
    LOL! It's not the dark side, it's doing what you have to do.

We have a ton of people here who no longer use webOS phones, even some moderators.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I have let go of PALM for good after 10 years. I'm done with "coming soon" and empty delivery of promised goods etc.

Picked up a Samsung Fascinate and rooted it. No official 2.2 ROM yet but the ones out there make this phone 1000x more awesome than my Pre Plus was.
    See ya PALM. Good luck but I'm off the band wagon.

Samsung Fascinate Rooted
    After years of loyalty to Plam ( since the days of the Palm Pilot professional - the Treo & finally the Pre..)
    I finally switched to the robust machine that is Android.

even if HP/Palm comes out with the next great WebOs device I believe they have missed the boat with developers.

with out dev. support the new hardware is nothing more than a fancy paper weight. The Palm Pre is conceptually great, WebOs is clean crisp and excellent UI, however it is too limited not enough features compared to Android Devices out of the box.

The Hardware ( build quality)of the Pre 1 & 2 are sub-standard at best.
    Overclocking was great but one shouldn't have to overclock or patch a phone for it to meet basic standards for performance.

I keep my Pal pre as a WiFi gaming device that my kids can play, I will never use a WebOs device for my primary phone. They make great entertainment devices and my wife loves hers so for non power users I think there is still a small market segment. as for me i haven't looked back since I flashed Android 2.2 (DK28) on my Samsung Epic. It flies, has abundance of Apps, and stock hardware is blazing fast packed full of features. New Google maps, New gmail, fast GPU abundance of media capability. It does everything I need it to do Stock no custom ROM, just stock 2.2.

Good luck to Palm/HP
    I've been with Palm over 10 years but find myself left out of the game with my Pre. I waited until CES before I decided to get the Epic. I'm sure HP will produce some quality phones with WEBOS in the future, but how long will it be until the apps catch up with the competition? After just a few days, I miss the simplicity of WEBOS, but just about every app I could want is available for free on my Epic. Also, the call quality (after all, it is a phone primarily) far exceeds that of the Pre.
    Visor->650->Pre
    Beging Epocrates, begging Palm. begging Sprint... I got nothing. I have an Evo Shift in my hand and it feels unnatural. I am begging someone (hopefully Epocrates) to tell me I can stay with the OS I love. HPalm! Do something. My current phone does a ton of things that I never thought a phone could do and it's totally awesome... I want good txt and email... and I have to have Epocrates (screw you Epocrates... I hate I have to do business with you. If I had the words to politely tell you how I feel about your company I would. My interactions with you have been awful.). Super fast os management doesn't replace a good core. It would be nice if I could start an Epocrates revolution but I know most medical folk arent techies like me. Thanks for reading my vent. If you want to help complain to Epocrates about their lack of WebOS support as of April.
    just use what you have until later this year and see what they bring to the table !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I know how you feel... I jumped ship to Android a couple days ago. WebOS just doesn't offer what I need.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    just use what you have until later this year and see what they bring to the table !!
    A lot of us are tired of waiting lol
    Yep! List me as one of the jumpers.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    he has an evo already lol geesh if you cant wait then dont !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  19.    #39  
    <<thread merged>>
    i can wait im in no hurry and im not worried about it . this phone has everything i need and does it well ! im happy .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 12345671252 ... LastLast