Page 18 of 62 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
Like Tree168Likes
    later!
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    best of luck out there.. it truly is a jungle in the mobile world these days. if you happen to be going to Android, please choose your device/manufacturer carefully as they will play a BIG part in your overall experience (stay away from Samsung at all costs).
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    out of curosity where is this "greener pastures" (what type of phone/OS)?
    Nexus S 4G - Gingerbread Android.

Im pretty excited, but I am going to miss the ease of updating via preware and our homebrew dev's.
    Law Student, SEO Worker, PRE OBSESSED
    Sprint Pre
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    at least you're going for the true Google experience. probably the best move if you're going Android. i made the mistake of buying the Epic a while back and it's been an awful experience. delayed 2.2 update.. terrible memory management.. HORRIBLE physical keyboard that misses more letters than it gets.. just all around an awful device (especially coming from webOS).

after 6 months of this thing and it's nonsense, i'm totally willing to pay an ETF and switch to AT&T for the Veer just to get back to webOS. I'm sorry I ever left.. I wish my 5th replacement Pre- hadn't died on me... ugh
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    What made my join this forum is after seeing WebOS and loved it i decided to get more information about WebOS and the TouchPad but i visit this website along with webosroundup.com everyday but unfortunately i hardly see any news about the touchpad .
    This is a month before the June release, the Useless Palybook got a lot of attention before its release. but that doesn't bother me

What bothers me is seeing iPad the Appppppsss , that is what makes a tablet the playbook which i said was useless, was termed a professional tablet by RIM without native email,calendar ( yet ) , and no apps except the garbage in the appWorld which the developers created after hearing the offer of a free Playbook the developer rushed and got crappy apps to the app world, so now the playbook is really useless, it is half baked and rushed to market, the Xoom to rushed to market with few apps in the hope of beating iPad maybe

So the TouchPad i wouldnt mind the delays if we would get more apps but already WebOS app catalog is lagging behind, WP7 is ahead and the partnership with Nokia which sold more smartphones more than RIM,APPLE,SAMSUNG,HTC would help WP7 better and the iOS migrating API tool microsoft just announced the WP7 would get more apps
    but i fear for the TouchPad,though i intend to create apps since i know html,css,Javascript i fear for the TouchPad as it has little apps,

the iPad when it came out, apple made "up scaling" the iPhone apps anything but easiy i would for WebOS to do the same
    I love WebOS more than any OS i use BB OS 6 and iOS 4 but it is trash to WebOS and i love it more than andrioid but if it gets no love from developers then am sorry am not getting it it would hurt me as i love WebOS and i would "betray" it, i would just wait for Win 8 tablets to come out which is the only tablet that can beat the iPad

The apps is the problem , i cant spend $600 on a tablet and get little apps,

And what are HP plans about this, at least let the apps already available be upscalled, am sure when webos comes to PC it would attract more developers.

I have never owned a WebOS device but i want the touchpad to be the first and i hope so but without apps am changing my mind - period
    I hear you. Your fears were already said many times in this forum and other places.
    The TouchPad June launch was announced by Apotheker in March, we will have to wait just a little while longer to evaluate the situation properly.
    In the meantime, enjoy the spring.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Another way to look at it is that HP isn't rushing the TouchPad to market like RIM and Motorola did. Instead they are trying to get the device as polished as they can before they release it into the wild.

Does the TouchPad have some stiff competition? Without a doubt. But so does any tablet OEM going up against the iPad2. That's today's ecosystem, there's no getting around it. I own an iPad2 and it is f'ing amazing, IMO. I'm not in the market for the TouchPad, but I'm very anxious to see how it launches and evolves over time. I think if anyone out there can carve a niche in the current market, HP can do it. They have the resources.

Personally, my biggest letdown was RIM beating HP to market. All of the webOS fans know that the Playbook UI is a blatant copycat of webOS.. but the general public will see the TouchPad and think it's a "me too" device. I don't even want to go into the whole gesture area thing... I almost shed a tear over that one

But hey, this is an ever changing landscape. This time next year, all of these products we're talking about today will be history.. replaced by "bigger" and "better". I'll be here with my Veer, my iPad2 and my crappy iPhone4 they make me carry at work LOL
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    That's sad, but to me it sounds like you knew everything you just said before you even came to these forums. So my question to you, is why post here? What do you expect to hear from us? Do you want the people here to try to convince you to stay with WebOS? It's not like anything we say will change your mind, it's already made up. You want 600,000 apps? Go to iOS. Go to Android. WebOS isn't magically going to get 500,000 apps overnight.
    well i dont know everything couple of days i asked about what is a gesture area because people said it was gone - so i got info

and am not begging saying the truth, and see i asked a question
    is hp going to release a sdk update that would just upscale current apps so that the touchpad would have apps
    i dont want to go to ios,andrioid if you read i said webos is better i said i would go to windows 8
    truth is, some webos fnas dont wanna hear the truth,
    the useless playbook got bashed in the reviews - i dont want the touchpad to be another victim
    Quote Originally Posted by see_wor View Post
    is hp going to release a sdk update that would just upscale current apps so that the touchpad would have apps
    It's been said many times that all 1.x and 2.x apps will work natively on the Touchpad, no SDK necessary, no emulator necessary, they will work natively.

The most recent app count is ~8,000 apps, that doesn't count Preware. Trust me: there are plenty more coming, and they're not gonna stop.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by j_benj View Post
    Another way to look at it is that HP isn't rushing the TouchPad to market like RIM and Motorola did. Instead they are trying to get the device as polished as they can before they release it into the wild.

Does the TouchPad have some stiff competition? Without a doubt. But so does any tablet OEM going up against the iPad2. That's today's ecosystem, there's no getting around it. I own an iPad2 and it is f'ing amazing, IMO. I'm not in the market for the TouchPad, but I'm very anxious to see how it launches and evolves over time. I think if anyone out there can carve a niche in the current market, HP can do it. They have the resources.

Personally, my biggest letdown was RIM beating HP to market. All of the webOS fans know that the Playbook UI is a blatant copycat of webOS.. but the general public will see the TouchPad and think it's a "me too" device. I don't even want to go into the whole gesture area thing... I almost shed a tear over that one

But hey, this is an ever changing landscape. This time next year, all of these products we're talking about today will be history.. replaced by "bigger" and "better". I'll be here with my Veer, my iPad2 and my crappy iPhone4 they make me carry at work LOL
    yes it is sad that after copying WebOs they rushed it to the market
    Personally, i wouldnt mind any delays
    The playbook is a failure already, they rushed it to the market in a week they had 3 software updates,
    Am hoping that this get more apps and it get my $600 going for the 16GB wifi+ 3G
    saving up money to buy the Wii 2 ASAP cant buy 32GB like i intended
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    It's been said many times that all 1.x and 2.x apps will work natively on the Touchpad, no SDK necessary, no emulator necessary, they will work natively.

The most recent app count is ~8,000 apps, that doesn't count Preware. Trust me: there are plenty more coming, and they're not gonna stop.
    Oh okay ,
    But is it safe to use the preware ? i mean wont it crash the touchpad ?
    going homebrew
    at the moment we don't know how many webOS 3.0 apps will be available at launch. I'm not expecting any ground breaking numbers, but i wouldn't be surprised if HP pulls through with some key partnerships.
    Last edited by Mhunterjr; 05/08/2011 at 05:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by see_wor View Post
    Oh okay ,
    But is it safe to use the preware ? i mean wont it crash the touchpad ?
    going homebrew
    It's totally safe. 100% safe. The guys at Internalz are the best in the world, better than the guys at XDA. I've had Preware running on my Pre+ since I found out about it in October.. works just fine every day, overclocked to 1ghz. Got a Pre 2 the other day, Preware installed, running an OC kernel, many patches, works fine...

It's pretty silly to think Preware would crash your phone, IMO.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

I was loving my Palm Pre Plus, but got mad when HP didn't live up to their promise to upgrade users to WebOS 2.0. I switched to Android and have been using it for a couple months, but have still been following PreCentral about the new HP releases. Today I got out my old Pre+ and played with it using only a WiFi connection. I was amazed at how awkward I had become with the phone in such a short period of time. Here I was romanticizing about my Pre and now I've learned that I've become accustomed to Android. This should be extremely worrisome to HP. People leaving say they will return to WebOS when the hardware is there, but I'm not so sure now. At least for me.
    I've had to deal with my an Android for about a week and a half, and it's just made me want my Pre even more. I can't wait to get my Pre2.
    <merged>
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    Well, I finally switched phones & got my Nexus S 4G on Sunday. The Pre- just wasn't getting it done anymore & with no Sprint upgrade in sight, I had little choice but to switch. So far I'm very happy with the Nexus, beautiful bright screen, blazing fast, apps out the wazoo, etc... Main thing I'm missing is the multitasking of the Pre, still getting used to Android's way of doing it. IF that slab phone really does come to Sprint & it is comparable to the high end Android phones hardware wise, I may come back, if the apps start showing up. Otherwise I think I'll be pretty happy with this phone for quite a while.

Best of luck HP/Palm! I really do hope they can pull it off.
  18.    #359  
    <<off-topic posts deleted>>
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Not sure where this post goes in the realm of this forum. Here goes nothing... My Pre (Sprint) is extremely long in the tooth. Hell, there aren't any and won't be any further updates for it! In three months I will get a new phone. I'm done with the Pre form factor. So, where does that leave me for WebOS? Weren't there some other code-names yet to be fleshed out by HP that could possibly be other form factor WebOS phones? That'd be prebittychin' (wow, wonder if that'll pass the censors)! If not, well, I suppose my business is done here. So sad.