Page 17 of 62 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
Like Tree168Likes
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I guess I hit a nerve here. Sounds like the responses are from people who take my post as a personal slap in their face.

It was not intended to be a shot at anybody. Just voicing my own disappointment in something I have felt had a huge potential.

Oh, yeah - thanks "Homebrew". That got me through the last year or so. And, sorry that I don't spend all of my time posting on the Precentral forum. I have been around quite a bit.
    Don't take it personally, CV1. It's just that for most people, these goodbye's are often the same "preaching to the choir" boo-hoo rant, like a tiresome broken record, and typically come from folks who have only ever had the desire to post when they want to declare their complaints, or say goodbye, or both.
    Last edited by sq5; 05/04/2011 at 10:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sq5 View Post
    Don't take it personally, CV1. It's just that for some people, these goodbye's are often the same "preaching to the choir" boo-hoo rant, like a tiresome broken record, and typically come from folks who have only ever had the desire to post when they want to declare their complaints, or say goodbye, or both.
    sorry to say but he is correct, thats most post we see, I for one have moved on to a HTC Arrive for now, but will be returning once sprint gets on board and gets another webos device, and hopefully soon.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I suppose waiting for one device as opposed to waiting for another device is a completely different thing.
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    I still don't understand the people who keep saying "Goodbye. I'm tired of waiting for the Pre 3. I'm probably switching to the Evo 3D." You know it doesn't have a release date besides "summer" either right? It's possible the Pre 3 could come out first.
    I hear you on that! HP has been dragging its feet for a long time. They need to get off of their *** and release the device. I mean to all cell companies. Sad thing is my Pre- is still a GREAT shape! Does what I need it to do. I just want a new phone....So I am waiting. If it happens to break then I dunno what I will do. Good luck with Android! I can't jump on the google ship. So I may just end up with an iPhone soon! :P
    SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
    Hope you find a device that suits all your needs and desires.

Goodbye We will miss you

--HardBeatZ
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    why not wait a bit longer to see what HP would do to "make things right" for current owners of hp/palm phones?
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    1. Start with how much you love webOS;
    2. Give your long-term Palm user credentials such as naming devices you have owned;
    3. Mention the new device you are jumping-ship for BUT not praising it too much;
    4. Give a shout-out to the homebrew community;
    5. Maintain an overall tone of regret;
    6. Mention that you might come back to webOS later;
    1) WebOS is so great that I dream in cards. If it is a nightmare, I just swipe up and then toss it off my dreams. And the shake to reload is AWESOME for those dreams where I can fly (and am about to crash). I am SO INTO WebOS that I actually hit the Updates Icon on May 2nd.

2) Well I used to mock Palm when I swore by every new Linux based PDA (Zarus, Agenda, Nokia 770). But, I broke down with the Centro. Then Palm joined the Linux dark side ... MUH HA HAH!!

3) I'm jumping ship to ... ahh ... (well, I'd rather like to be able to use a $50 Pixi Plus on the Sprint network then jump ship). That or HP Direct should start to sell Sprint Pre's and Pixi's for $50. I do have three Android Tablets though (Entourage Pocket Edge, Archos 101, and Archos 7 Home Tablet) so does that count for this one?

4) Preware rocks! Someline is Da-Coder! Nothing like .apks for upgrading your kernel! And Nodoze has saved my battery!

5) I regret not jumping into real development. But, I just don't have the time. (I should be grading homework right now ... ah who cares ... they are only college students)

6) I'll come back to WebOS when I next pick up my Pre-. Or my wife's Pre-. Or my daughter's Pre-. Or my father-in-laws Pre-. Or my son's Pixi Plus. Or my mother-in-law's Pixi. (And I may get a Pixi Plus from Amazon as a media player ... does this make me an addict? Oh man! I'm an addict!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thead View Post
    I still don't understand the people who keep saying "Goodbye. I'm tired of waiting for the Pre 3. I'm probably switching to the Evo 3D." You know it doesn't have a release date besides "summer" either right? It's possible the Pre 3 could come out first.
    Ummmm Is the Pre 3 Coming to which Carriers in "Summer"? Who the hell knows? It could go to AT&T for 6 months, then Verizon and T-Mobile aand never hit Sprint...

I'm NOT leaving Sprint... I do "Know" that the EVO 3D will indeed be on Sprint... And I can get a Nexus S next week.

If I KNEW what my WebOS options were on Sprint... I might take a pause and wait... but I don't. The First adopters of WebOS have their 2 year contracts ending now... But still no firm info for new WebOS on Sprint...

Sorry, But I am a total WebOS lover. But I am ****ed at HP for not giving me more of a morsel on carriers and dates... they suck in my book right now... I'm jumping off of WebOS and won't look back until they Wow me with some serious follower numbers.
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by renegadepre View Post
    Ummmm Is the Pre 3 Coming to which Carriers in "Summer"? Who the hell knows? It could go to AT&T for 6 months, then Verizon and T-Mobile aand never hit Sprint...

I'm NOT leaving Sprint... I do "Know" that the EVO 3D will indeed be on Sprint... And I can get a Nexus S next week.

If I KNEW what my WebOS options were on Sprint... I might take a pause and wait... but I don't. The First adopters of WebOS have their 2 year contracts ending now... But still no firm info for new WebOS on Sprint...

Sorry, But I am a total WebOS lover. But I am ****ed at HP for not giving me more of a morsel on carriers and dates... they suck in my book right now... I'm jumping off of WebOS and won't look back until they Wow me with some serious follower numbers.
    Sorry that you're so upset about all of this, but my point remains. How can someone say that they're tired of waiting for the Pre3 and are leaving webos for the Evo 3D when that just means they are going to be waiting for the Evo 3D? I'm not saying you shouldn't be tired of waiting for the Pre 3. I'm tired of waiting for the Pre 3. And if the Evo 3D was out right now I might say screw webos I'm jumping ship. But I'm not going to quit waiting for one phone just to wait for another one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thead View Post
    Sorry that you're so upset about all of this, but my point remains. How can someone say that they're tired of waiting for the Pre3 and are leaving webos for the Evo 3D when that just means they are going to be waiting for the Evo 3D? I'm not saying you shouldn't be tired of waiting for the Pre 3. I'm tired of waiting for the Pre 3. And if the Evo 3D was out right now I might say screw webos I'm jumping ship. But I'm not going to quit waiting for one phone just to wait for another one.
    Well I'm going to go Nexus S next week.... Not waiting for the EVO 3D. But At least I know the carrier of my choice WILL have it and if that was what I wanted then I know that patience will win and I can plan to choose it if be. But my sticking point is that I do not know that my carrier of choice will have a WebOS option for me at all regardless... I do not know that Sprint will be a carrier when the Pre3 launches or ever.

I might wait a couple of months even if I knew that I could get a Sprint Pre3 in July. But my contract is up now and Im ready to ditch my Pre Minus' crappy hardware... I've replaced it 4 times... it sux. (WebOS is cool though.)
    Well I'm going to go Nexus S next week.... Not waiting for the EVO 3D. But At least I know the carrier of my choice WILL have it and if that was what I wanted then I know that patience will win and I can plan to choose it if be. But my sticking point is that I do not know that my carrier of choice will have a WebOS option for me at all regardless... I do not know that Sprint will be a carrier when the Pre3 launches or ever.

I might wait a couple of months even if I knew that I could get a Sprint Pre3 in July. But my contract is up now and Im ready to ditch my Pre Minus' crappy hardware... I've replaced it 4 times... it sux. (WebOS is cool though.)
    I think most people are in that boat of waitin and jumpin next week to a nexus s 4g. I'm one of them. Will miss using webOS and its simplistic nature. Maybe the next upgrade there will be another palm down the line I can go to.

After all, its just a phone Its too stressful being a webOS user

I will still have my pre minus to develop on if needed.
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts

I completely understand your point. If you're getting a Nexus S next week and will be happy with it then I don't blame you at all for switching. I never singled you out for one of your comments, but you seemed to think I did. I was specifically referring to multiple posts I've seen from people saying (paraphrased) "Screw HP for not releasing the Pre 3 sooner. I'm getting an Evo 3D!!" To me, that makes no sense, as I've already explained why.
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Hope you find a device that suits all your needs and desires.

Goodbye We will miss you

--HardBeatZ

LMAO
    I had a Pre from the day it launched on Sprint up to about a couple months ago. I still do love webOS to pieces and miss a lot of aspects of it (especially the multitasking), but I was practically forced to jump ship a few months ago to Android for a variety of reasons...

1. Sprint really dropped the ball with the devices. No Pre+, no Pre2; Verizon and AT&T got them instead. I still prefer staying with Sprint as a carrier because nobody beats their rate plans for what I do. I'm not gutsy enough to crack open a device and swap the com board out just make a Pre2 work on Sprint, either. So, that option was out for me.

2. HP/Palm has really dropped the ball with their hardware in general. The screens are too small (I understand they're finally addressing this with the Pre3), the keyboards are cramped and the overall shapes of the devices lend to being easily dropped. I can't count the number times my Pre fell out of my hand and hit the ground. I'm shocked to this day my Pre lasted as long as it did (over two years).

3. I'm not the app-crazy type, although there are enough "holes" in webOS app development (due to the low market share) to frustrate even me. No Shazam, no Google Voice, no Sirius player, just name a few absences. Even the Blackberry platform gets a lot of software webOS does not. It makes webOS users feel like orphans.

4. Although overclocking and homebrew apps breathed a little more life into my Pre near the end, it still felt somewhat sluggish in operation and frankly, I was getting tired of waiting for Palm's promised WebOS 2 update for the legacy Pre.

Finally, my Pre suffered its final blow when it slipped out my hand and hit the asphalt one afternoon. The capacitive layer of the touchscreen cracked, rendering the phone almost useless. I had two options: a) pay Sprint a $100 deductible to get the same, dated Pre I started with (is a legacy Pre even worth $100 brand new anymore?); or b) pay $150 to upgrade to a brand new Samsung Epic 4G. I pondered the thought for a couple of days and decided on Option B.

Truthfully, it took me about a month to adjust to the way Android devices behave. Multitasking is downright cumbersome in comparison to webOS. On Android, there really should be a quick, easy way to switch between running apps, but there isn't.

But as much as I hate to admit it, just about everything else about my new Android phone has been nothing short of awesome. This phone is FAST. It cuts through multimedia content like butter. Apps (Google Maps, for example) launch in a fraction of the time). And it got even faster after I rooted the phone, converted to the ext2 file system and installed a custom ROM and kernel.

The fact of the matter remains that I tried really hard to continue embracing the webOS platform, but in the end, HP/Palm really wasn't delivering for me. It's too bad, too. I've been a Palm smartphone supporter since the Treo 600 (I also had a 650, a 700p and a 755p).
    Quote Originally Posted by chunkcohen View Post
    The fact of the matter remains that I tried really hard to continue embracing the webOS platform, but in the end, HP/Palm really wasn't delivering for me. It's too bad, too. I've been a Palm smartphone supporter since the Treo 600 (I also had a 650, a 700p and a 755p).
    Ditto... They had me... it's the dickin' around and not delivering in a timely fashion that is losing me.

It really sucks for me because I really like the way the UI in WebOS works. It's very intuitive, and works the way i'm used to... I'm a tech savvy person though... adjusting to Android will take no time flat.

I just hope important folks at HP read these sorts of posts and take our comments seriously and run the sentiments of the people that ARE ALREADY USING WebOS...the very OS they are trying hard to push, and why we are leaving.... They should be doing their darnedest to keep us early adopters that stuck in there for 2 years on a flaky first gen device.

Throw me a frickin' bone.... (
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Moderators, Users, and fellow pre addicts,

It is time for me to part ways with my pre, webOS, hp, and a company I have loved dearly since 1999 - Palm. I have been palm user since a Palm IIIx, and have kept going through treo’s up to the pre. The hardware shortcomings are simply too much to overcome, and if I wait for the coming months to be up, we’ll be on the Pre6 before I have a new phone in my hands.

This is not intended to be a rant, this community is truly marvelous, and I would like to thank each user for their own unique contributions. It is through your interactions that gives H-Palm its only hope at survival. While i could go on and on about certain individuals, I believe some parties are more deserving to be singled out

WebOSInternals - You people rock. You and your connection with the developers I feel is the true reason that HP bought palm. You (along with the dev’s) took a fairly limited OS and turned it into pretty much whatever an individual can dream of on their phone.

Eric Gaudet - Thank you very much for your development on Virtual Keyboard, that is the single most important patch to my webOS use, and without it my experience on this phone would have been horrid.

Precentral - Thank you for creating such a wonderful mecca for all of us webOS users, from the extremely cynical, to the unabashedly brainwashed, you created the first place that I ever obsessed over a phone, and I learned a lot in the process.

Tim Stiffler Dean - Thank you for your optimisim regarding webOS, while I must say I do not agree, its good to see future users will enjoy your presence here for a long time.

Again, many thanks.

Now I am off to GREENER pastures.

Hope all is well,

Bryant Dunivan
    Law Student, SEO Worker, PRE OBSESSED
    Sprint Pre
    We'll welcome you back on your return. See ya

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    good luck! I know I can only take so much more. I am trying to be mr loyal but this company is really starting to upset me