Page 16 of 62 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
Like Tree168Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    If it is just a phone why is everyone going gaga for the Pre3 ?
    HP has a very long and painful road ahead of them, if they want to come close to Android and forget about Apple, they can pass MS and RIM. The lack of useful apps on Pre3 will be a killer to HP. No development company wants to develop apps for webOS. webOS only has 3% of the market share and companies dont see it as worth while to develop for it and that will be huge problem. And what is also pushing people away from HP is there silence, as of now only Veer going to AT&T and still no time frame. I used all the OS's out there except the Windows OS for mobile but played with the new MS OS dont like it. I find iOS is the simplest to use, Android is good if you like to hack. Final word is that HP wont even come close to catching up to Android or Apple in the next 3-5 years, they will pass RIM and MS.
    Ok.
    Got a call from HP customer service and they are sending a replacement batter cover.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by fdm006 View Post
    I recently had to send my Pre 2 in for repairs since it would no longer turn on. I had to pay to ship the device to south Texas which is just a mailbox to head across the boarder to Reynoso Mexico. When the device was returned the battery cover was missing. The instructions did say to only send the device, but I mistakenly just removed the battery and also sent the cover. Fine. I call customer support, Nancy in India, to see if I can get a free replacement. No dice. Those guys cannot deviate from their script. She even stated I'm just doing my job. Correct, you are doing just enough of your job which doesn't include the ability to send me a 39 cent battery cover to keep a long time Palm customer. Yes, I made the mistake of sending the battery cover, but I didn't make the <<bad>> phone which required repair too. How hard is it to go just slightly a smidgin above and provide some customer service? There are so many choices out there for a stupid smart phone I don't see how HP (Palm) can <<push>> anybody away.

Dan McRee

<<staff edit>>
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LateNight View Post
    Guys. This thread was not intended to start a let's crap on the pre thread.
    I totally agree with you...I just pre-ordered a Nexus S from Best Buy. I've had the Pre since the second week it launched and I've only had one replacement since. Unfortunately, it's now cracking faster than an old man with brittle bone disease, so I can't keep waiting for HP to release a new phone on Sprint (if they ever will). If it weren't for the great homebrew community here, I would have abandoned WebOS a long time ago. The great work they've done makes the WebOS experience second to none. If HP would get their act together and actually start releasing new WebOS products, I think they can can really take a bite out of the Apple marketshare. It's just very frustrating to constantly see apps supported by iOS & Android, but not WebOS.

I'm hoping that when I'm up for another phone upgrade on Sprint, they will have a new WebOS device and I'll be able to come back, but until then, I have to go to Android.
    I have to say bye to my beloved Pre and Pixi..just couldn't handle the bad performance and the crap hardware. I was swayed to the Droid Pro because of the Op Sys and the keyboard (like the pixi) I hated my pre slider because it would basically always fall apart..so farewell good friend! You can thank HP
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Ok, i know you guys have seen many many threads about people moving on, but I'm not going to bash the Pre. I've been a lurker on here for many many months and visited the site daily. After receiving my 4th Pre in 18 months and the speaker was blown on it, I had basically had enough. Although I had obvious issues with hardware, i had an equal amount of issue with Sprint's coverage in my area. I have been with Sprint since 2000 and have lived in the same house for the last 7 years with "fair" coverage. About 6 months ago, i couldn't send texts, couldn't receive texts, dropped calls, the works. Sprint refreshed my data, i doctored my phone, send me a new phone, and sent me a new Airave and nothing helped it.

I ended my contract early with Sprint to migrate to the iPhone and Verizon. Only having the iPhone for a few days, i will admit the battery life and the speed is 2nd to none. However, if WebOS was running on the same hardware, there wouldn't even be a comparison. The HP/Palm Pre is a great OS running on very sub par equipment.

I wish HP success in the future. I don't understand why HP has such a hard time getting hardware rolled out. If there was some kind of new WebOS device available for VZW, i would have seriously considered it.

In closing, HP needs to license that OS out to other hardware manufacturers if they are serious about making WebOS a contender to Android and iOS. While i'm a fan, I just couldn't wait any longer.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Pre is falling apart, and the lack of productivity apps is clear. Traveling a bit lately. Most major airlines let you check in online and have the data sent to your phone so you don't need to print (hey, I don't carry a printer when traveling kidzzz). 3 platforms are supported, guess which one is not...............
    To paraphrase that Rooooooby guy; I am a goner "in the coming hours"......
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I'm a HUUUUUUGE webOS fan. I think this OS is the wave of the future and has the ability to be rooted in just about any device. It is so easy to use and just makes so much sense. Honestly I think if it were integrated into microwaves, ovens, refrigerators, washing machines etc... even my grandma would be able to use it.

So my gripe is with HP/Palms passive humdrum marketing and product development.

I don't understand why they aren't going the shock and awe route. Why isn't HP shoving webOS in our faces and down our throats. They need to saturate the market with webOS devices.

The was I see it webOS is res ipsa loquitor.
    But how can it sell itself if no one knows about it.
    Honestly... its not enough that HP or myself think that webOS is the bees knees.
    What good is that?

I think HP needs to dump a ton more money into marketing the webOS line.

With that said... Marketing isn't enough.
    I'm tired of waiting. You promise me innovation?
    Well I want it now. Sure the pre3 looks decent on paper... but once its finally launched its going to be old hat.
    We want innovation,
    we want features,
    we want choices.
    and we want them now.

Why should we have to settle for Android? We don't want Apple.
    We want webOS.....
    So give it to us already.
    Kudos........ And what happened to all of those apps we were told would be out? All I'm waiting for now is the asus transformer, for a tablet. Its a good thing none of my phones have been broke or id be long gone.
    I have been a release day Pre owner and after much patients and MANY Pre's later (6 or 7, I think) I have decided it's time to move on. I love WebOS and was hoping to hang around for that new WebOS device, but then all that came along was a bigger clone of the phone I already have with an unknown release date. I was hoping for something new, big and exciting. I was hoping for a 4 inch screen, 4g compatible monster, but instead I was let down, like a girl on prom night. Hopefully in 2 yrs when my new contract is up HP would have come up with something better then the phone that SHOULD have been a release day device or WebOS will go the way of beta and mini-disc , but until then I'll be enjoying my new phone. I want to give a HUGE, BIG thank you to all the developers that really made my device bearable and useful to me, without them I would have switched long ago. Thank gawd for the Govnah!!! Hello Android Central...LOL
    Last edited by libraryguy72; 04/26/2011 at 10:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by libraryguy72 View Post
    I have been a release day Pre owner and after much patients and MANY Pre's later (6 or 7, I think) I have decided it's time to move on. I love WebOS and was hoping to hang around for that new WebOS device, but then all that came along was a bigger clone of the phone I already have with an unknown release date. I was hoping for something new, big and exciting, but instead I was let down. I was hoping for a 4 inch screen, 4g compatible monster. Hopefully in 2 yrs when my new contract is up HP would have come up with something better then the phone that SHOULD have been a release day device or WebOS will go the way of beta and mini-disc , but until then I'll be enjoying my new phone. Hello Android Central...LOL
    I promise that if I need to get a non-webOS phone, I will not return here to gloat or kvetch.

Mods, why not set up a new forum, "SO LONG SUCKERS!"? We can just aggregate all these posts in one place.
    Quote Originally Posted by blinktreo View Post
    I promise that if I need to get a non-webOS phone, I will not return here to gloat or kvetch.

Mods, why not set up a new forum, "SO LONG SUCKERS!"? We can just aggregate all these posts in one place.
    There already is. It will be moved there shortly.
    As someone who went through two Samsung's in a year - multiple issues with the touchscreens, absolutely terrible battery, lots of freezing, nonfunctioning GPS - I think "So long, sucker!" is appropriate.

My Samsung experiences are what led me to WebOS.
    yeah, that hasnt happend with webos devices...my pre would break and I would get a refurb and another and another, basically I would switch my Pre with one problem for another Pre with a new problem...you guys keep your hopes up, but I'm pretty sure you're all going down on the SS WebOS Titanic!! You guys keep playing that violin while the ship goes down! LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by libraryguy72 View Post
    yeah, that hasnt happend with webos devices...my pre would break and I would get a refurb and another and another, basically I would switch my Pre with one problem for another Pre with a new problem...you guys keep your hopes up, but I'm pretty sure you're all going down on the SS WebOS Titanic!! You guys keep playing that violin while the ship goes down! LOL
    Best of luck with that. If it suits you, it suits you. Not all phones (especially Android) are made alike. Nothing personal.
    Don't get me wrong...I LOVE WEBOS, but I am tired of the same ole phone and need a switch. I really do hope that WebOS catches on and hopefully they'll give me reason to come back, but until then I'm going for bigger and faster...we'll see how it goes...LOL
    @libraryguy

The good news is that we'll be here when you grab your next webOS phone. And there is androidcentral.com to help you squeeze the most out of android until then.

if sprint doesn't have new webOS hotness before you are sick of android, you will have many opportunities to buy a FrankenPre2 now that it has become such a proven option. The Pre2 hardware is excellent!

<thread merged>
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 04/26/2011 at 11:25 PM.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I've been an early adopter of Palm, from a Palm Pilot and then the initial Handspring device, Treos and eventually I picked up the Pre- when it was first released by Sprint.

It has been a hard decision but I just can't wait any longer. I'll be heading to the Sprint Nexus S or possibly the EVO 3d when it is released. HPalm really shot itself in the foot in the way it has handled the Palm purchase. It is rather like there was a release of the original Pre-, some minor updates in the Pre+, a non-release of the Pre2, and an eternal wait for the Pre3. So for me, it was 2-1/2 years between my purchase of the Pre and the upcoming Pre3. That is just too long - my original Pre- is crawling along: cracked, scratched, and wobbly and in need of replacement.

There is much I am sure I will miss from WebOS (Synergy, Touchstone) and some I won't miss (hardware design of Pre- left much to be desired - no cases worked). The limited app catalog has also hurt the Pre.

Good luck. I hope the new HP webOS succeeds. I just can't wait around long enough to remain a part of it.
    At least his post per year count is up to one now.
    lol, +1 to all you guys.