Page 15 of 62 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
Like Tree168Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Thanking everyone, I understand, but saying it is a sad day? Not it's not, you're getting a new phone that you obviously want. You can't be sad for getting something you want.

As for webOS hardware, the Pre 2 is fine hardware-wise. Sure, it doesn't have 4G (and I don't have 4G coverage in my area), but it performs as well as the other phones out there today. To say that it is two years behind is ridiculous.
    I don't think he said he wanted the new phone, he said his phone broke and was forced to get something other than WebOS, since Sprint no longer offers any WebOS phone.

What do you want him to do, use a string and can until HP decides to put the new phones in our hands.

He is saying what a lot of us are facing.

We want to stay with WebOS but there is no choice, our hands are being tied!

And then one has to consider the hardware and software when backed into this situation.

I am barely able to use my Pre -minus because of all the broken stuff, so I pray that the rubber bands I have holding it together hold up until the main event happens, but .. I might not be so lucky!

And yes, it will be a sad day!

Rob
    Quote Originally Posted by zealster View Post
    So long and thanks for all the fish.
    Good to see someone is a fan of you know what.

My sister says that when her husband and I talk tech, we might as well be quoting the book for all she understands it... LOL

So improbable!
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    I totally understand. As much as I disliked watching the So long, far well, auf weidersehnn, adieu posts. I too, am defecting, and it is sad as I have stood with Handspring/Palm/Hp for so many years. Got my Pre on day one, replaced it day 30 and it is falling apart and Sprint can't fix it.

I had the original Visor "Handspring" Pda that had a module that plugged into the top of it, making it a phone. We texted using Palm Graffiti... I was right on board when texting came about. I used to have a direct phone number into the Pac Bell server room, so I could let them know when the text server was down. Then the big day when Handspring 270 released, then the 300, Palm.. 600, 650 (palm through release parties and we devotees got our phones first and on the cheap), Pro, 755P and finally Pre.

Through all those phones I have to thank the Home Brew community for creating cutting edge apps, for always under powered, under memoried phones. I remember being at a "Roadshow" and Palm being puzzled why the Treo Central community was so upset about not having enough memory on the phone. I have patched, and homebrewed for many years now.
    Through each phone we knew they were going to get better, finally get faster processors, finally get more memory. We persevered.

Finally after work bought me an ipad over a year ago (I thought it was a flash in the pan) I fell in love with it, for one reason only, Apps. ipad wifi>3g>now ipad2. And because of the the tight integration, I am testing driving a Verizon iphone right now. 5 years ago, I didn't like the iphone(3 month stint that ended badly because of ATT) but I am tired of working so hard to make my phones work right, and tired of waiting for what might be released, and how far behind it is when it finally is.

I am a photographer, and the apps and the camera/camcorder integration is mindblowing. Todays app find: You can direct a multi iphone(2,3,4) movie from ipad, director can switch camera angles from pad, while iphone camera operators take shots from different angles, this is one of hundreds of mind blowing apps, I am a app *****, I admit.

Do I think Pre 3 will be great? I think it will be good, but not great, and sadly behind in apps, same with the touch pad. Same as in the past, still playing catch up. As far as OS's go, I choose webos hands down. I hope HP powers on to make WebOS the respect it deserves. So I probably hang out, the TIPB forumdiscussion is pretty weak, but I'll be back, I am sure. Thanks to developers and everyone who contributed to this great forum.
    Last edited by cglaguna; 04/21/2011 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Clarification
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    I totally understand. As much as I disliked watching the So long, far well, auf weidersehnn, adieu posts. I too, am defecting, and it is sad as I have stood with Handspring/Palm/Hp for so many years.

I had the original Visor "Handspring" Pda that had a module that plugged into the top of it, making it a phone. We texted using Palm Graffiti... I was right on board when texting came about. I used to have a direct phone number into the Pac Bell server room, so I could let them know when the text server was down. Then the big day when Handspring 270 released, then the 300, Palm.. 600, 650 (palm through release parties and we devotees got our phones first and on the cheap), Pro, 755P and finally Pre.

Through all those phones I have to thank the Home Brew community for creating cutting edge apps, for always under powered, under memoried phones. I remember being at a "Roadshow" and Palm being puzzled why the Treo Central community was so upset about not having enough memory on the phone. I have patched, and homebrewed for many years now.
    Through each phone we knew they were going to get better, finally get faster processors, finally get more memory. We persevered.

Finally after work bought me an ipad 2 years ago (I thought it was a flash in the pan) I fell in love with it, for one reason only, Apps. ipad wifi>3g>now ipad2. And because of the the tight integration, I am testing driving a Verizon iphone right now. 5 years ago, I didn't like the iphone(3 month stint that ended badly because of ATT) but I am tired of working so hard to make my phones work right, and tired of waiting for what might be released, and how far behind it is when it finally is.

I am a photographer, and the apps and the camera/camcorder integration is mindblowing. Todays app find: You can direct a multi iphone(2,3,4) movie from ipad, director can switch camera angles from pad, while iphone camera operators take shots from different angles, this is one of hundreds of mind blowing apps, I am a app *****, I admit.

Do I think Pre 3 will be great? I think it will be good, but not great, and sadly behind in apps, same with the touch pad. Same as in the past, still playing catch up. As far as OS's go, I choose webos hands down. I hope HP powers on to make WebOS the respect it deserves. So I probably hang out, the TIPB forumdiscussion is pretty weak, but I'll be back, I am sure. Thanks to developers and everyone who contributed to this great forum.
    I agree that the Pre3 will not be Great (cmon we all know its just a bigger Pre 2) BUT if HP stays the course the Pre4 could do some major catch up and be a player next year. My bolt is on a 1 year contract thanks to my wife being a VZ employee so I'm sure HP will have something to tempt me with next year.
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    See ya, dude.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    I completely understand, and share your sentiment. If my Sprint launch day Pre were to die today (and it's damn close!) I'm not sure what I would do. I have my old Touch Pro I could revive, or drop a few bucks on an Evo or an Epic if I had to. Part of me wants to experience Android just to see what it is I'm missing. The one thing I know for certain is wherever the Pre3 is released first will get my business. I've been with Sprint 11 years, and quite happy with their service, but I'm more loyal to Palm than I am to Sprint.
    The Borg will trace their ancestry to the Treo180.

Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 300, 600, 650, 700wx, 800w, HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre, TouchPad 32GB.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Thanking everyone, I understand, but saying it is a sad day? Not it's not, you're getting a new phone that you obviously want. You can't be sad for getting something you want.

As for webOS hardware, the Pre 2 is fine hardware-wise. Sure, it doesn't have 4G (and I don't have 4G coverage in my area), but it performs as well as the other phones out there today. To say that it is two years behind is ridiculous.
    You must have never used an Android phone to think that the Pre 2 performs the same. Even Cnet said the phone can be suggish. Since I got an Android phone I have realized how slow Webos is in comparison. Things load instantly with no wait time. Try opening this Forums app on your Pre 2 and tell me it loads instant.
    Guys. This thread was not intended to start a let's crap on the pre thread.
    Hi guys

I finally pulled the gun and got iPhone4 and I must say I should have done it sooner, it works so smooth, tons of apps. I honestly dont know how HP will catch up. You have to use the i4 to truly understand the OS , it is so simple, true it is closed system but that does not matter to me, I never thought I would like it the way I do, and also pulled trigger on iPad2, got tired of HP BS. Well guys wish you all the best. Selling my Pre and Pixi with Pre TouchStone.
    Thanks for the update. I was on the edge of my seat waiting to see what you were going to do.
  11.    #291  
    <thread merged>
    I recently had to send my Pre 2 in for repairs since it would no longer turn on. I had to pay to ship the device to south Texas which is just a mailbox to head across the boarder to Reynoso Mexico. When the device was returned the battery cover was missing. The instructions did say to only send the device, but I mistakenly just removed the battery and also sent the cover. Fine. I call customer support, Nancy in India, to see if I can get a free replacement. No dice. Those guys cannot deviate from their script. She even stated I'm just doing my job. Correct, you are doing just enough of your job which doesn't include the ability to send me a 39 cent battery cover to keep a long time Palm customer. Yes, I made the mistake of sending the battery cover, but I didn't make the <<bad>> phone which required repair too. How hard is it to go just slightly a smidgin above and provide some customer service? There are so many choices out there for a stupid smart phone I don't see how HP (Palm) can <<push>> anybody away.

Dan McRee

<<staff edit>>
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 04/23/2011 at 06:36 PM. Reason: posting around language filters
    Terrible. You would be doing HP a service to email your story to them. See link below, if you do this, let us know how it turns out.

HP Executive Team: CEO email
    HP's support is notoriously bad. I was hoping that it did not leak over to Palm.
    Thanks for the link bluenote. I'll do that.

Dan
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    +1 on everything
    Duetschland Uber Alles
  17.    #297  
    <<thread merged>>
    Thanks for the update. I was on the edge of my seat waiting to see what you were going to do.
    If it is just a phone why is everyone going gaga for the Pre3 ?
    HP has a very long and painful road ahead of them, if they want to come close to Android and forget about Apple, they can pass MS and RIM. The lack of useful apps on Pre3 will be a killer to HP. No development company wants to develop apps for webOS. webOS only has 3% of the market share and companies dont see it as worth while to develop for it and that will be huge problem. And what is also pushing people away from HP is there silence, as of now only Veer going to AT&T and still no time frame. I used all the OS's out there except the Windows OS for mobile but played with the new MS OS dont like it. I find iOS is the simplest to use, Android is good if you like to hack. Final word is that HP wont even come close to catching up to Android or Apple in the next 3-5 years, they will pass RIM and MS.
    The main complaint about hp right now is their CEO of the Palm Division. Almost Everytime I see/hear one of Ruby's interviews, it's always the same stuff just in another method of speaking it "Coming soon" "Stay tuned" "Soon" "Planned Availability". It's tiring seeing that everytime he gets on stage he has nothing to say but "coming soon". He need to be demoted to Sanitation Manager (a.k.a Janitor).
    I swear the guy still works for Apple and best friends with Steve Jobs