Page 14 of 62 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
Like Tree168Likes
    Enjoy your new phone. It looks pretty awesome

Noone can fault you for your decision. At the end of the day webos went through a terrible lull while they were waiting to be bought out, and suffered from a lack of support/good ideas/marketing/etc.

If HP saves it you'll have a great place to come back to in two years. If not, then you wouldn't have wasted any more time waiting. Either way you win.
    Enjoy your new phone and the WebOs community is the best, sad to say I am going to be doing the same thing when the Nexus S hits Sprint.
    We hope to see you on HP webOS hardware in the future.
    I feel the same way. I bought an evo last Thursday after my pre finally bit the dust. Truth be known, I wanted a pre 3, but I have taken any new webos phone if Sprint would have released one by now. Android is not so bad once you get used to it. A lot can change in two years. We will just have to sit back and see what happens.
    So long and thanks for all the fish.
    Hey man, feel free to stop by. I've had this epic for a few weeks and still haven't signed up for any other forums!
    Quote Originally Posted by untidyguy View Post
    goodbye thread survival criteria (all must be present):

• praise for webos [check]
    • outlines specific palm loyalty credentials [check]
    • appreciation for homebrew community [check]
    • expresses desire to return to webos in the future [check]
    • mentions new phone but not enthusiastically [check]
    • overall tone of sadness [check]

i think your thread will be ok.
    Hilarious!!! I am stoked about the Thunderbolts hardware (still don't know what i'm going to do without a keyboard on my phone)
    You know, if it's a "sad day" as you say it is, why switch? Why switch if it makes you sad? Or do you just want to make a dramatic exit?

All these people who leave saying they're sad are either misleading or really don't know what they want from a phone.
    happy 4/20 to all, I share the feelings expressed here. My Pre- has been through a lot in this one year, my second Pre for these 2 years on Sprint. It hasn't been the best impression on the carrier's part, but I fell in love with WebOS and it's community. I told myself that I would leave and return when WebOS matured. If HP stifles it's growth the longer it will be before WebOS can actually compete, the more followers it may lose. Jumping ship now feels to me like it'd do more harm than good. I have been sticking with this Pre whose phone app hasn't been working for a few days. It's hard to say goodbye, but I am not going to get another Pre, a reason why I ended my protection on the device. I'm still holding out for a new WebOS device on Sprint, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.
    This forum really is the best experience in an online community I've ever had, talk about great first impressions.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    You know, if it's a "sad day" as you say it is, why switch? Why switch if it makes you sad? Or do you just want to make a dramatic exit?

All these people who leave saying they're sad are either misleading or really don't know what they want from a phone.
    Dramatic exit? Not quite.

When you read a forum just about every day for 8 years you kind of want to thank people who have helped you out and have contributed to the community.

Don't know what I want from a phone? Get HP to WebOS on a phone that isn't about 2 years behind hardware wise and doesn't break when I breathe on it and I'll gladly keep my Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by LateNight View Post
    Dramatic exit? Not quite.

When you read a forum just about every day for 8 years you kind of want to thank people who have helped you out and have contributed to the community.

Don't know what I want from a phone? Get HP to WebOS on a phone that isn't about 2 years behind hardware wise and doesn't break when I breathe on it and I'll gladly keep my Pre
    Thanking everyone, I understand, but saying it is a sad day? Not it's not, you're getting a new phone that you obviously want. You can't be sad for getting something you want.

As for webOS hardware, the Pre 2 is fine hardware-wise. Sure, it doesn't have 4G (and I don't have 4G coverage in my area), but it performs as well as the other phones out there today. To say that it is two years behind is ridiculous.
    It sounds like HP is putting out some fine hardware and software within the next 2+ months, we hope to see you back as soon as your situation allows for it.

To the others:
    We're all under some uncertainty now as we wait to what HP/Palm is unveiling.
    Its fine for the op to say goodbye, he's been on the forum since 2003 and its natural to want to write an exit post.
    His phone died so he needs one on his carrier pronto and his carrier is not offering the Pre3 phone right now which is the latest entrant and has not made any new announcements about Palm yet so he took another phone.
    It makes sense also that he has some sadness. I'm sure we would all like for him to have more choices on his carrier.

Once the Touchpad/Pre3 comes out will be interesting to hear the op's thoughts.
    @latenight

the good news is that you will be able to sell your Thunderbolt for top dollar if VZW picks up the the Pre3 and it turns out to be a phone you'd like to carry. You will probably be able to sell it for enough to buy the Pre3 off contract if you decide to. I am definitely curious why you didn't grab a Pre2, because I REALLY like mine and it is what the Pre+ should have been.

So until HP gets new hardware shipping, grab a few extra batteries and enjoy the speed and big LCD. Precentral will still be an awesome community looking forward to seeing you holding a webOS phone again!
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Goodbye thread survival criteria (all must be present):

• Praise for webOS [check]
    • Outlines specific Palm loyalty credentials [check]
    • Appreciation for homebrew community [check]
    • Expresses desire to return to webOS in the future [check]
    • Mentions new phone but not enthusiastically [check]
    • Overall tone of sadness [check]

I think your thread will be OK.
    Well of course.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    @latenight

the good news is that you will be able to sell your Thunderbolt for top dollar if VZW picks up the the Pre3 and it turns out to be a phone you'd like to carry. You will probably be able to sell it for enough to buy the Pre3 off contract if you decide to. I am definitely curious why you didn't grab a Pre2, because I REALLY like mine and it is what the Pre+ should have been.

So until HP gets new hardware shipping, grab a few extra batteries and enjoy the speed and big LCD. Precentral will still be an awesome community looking forward to seeing you holding a webOS phone again!
    I'm curious about this as well. HE'S ON VZW!! He *HAS* a direct webOS option. That and *every* user of the Pre2 states how solid, fast, and smooth it is even blowing away their OC Pre's. In this case the OP just didn't want webOS but don't make it sound like you were FORCED to switch...

As for the TB, it is really fast...fast at loading, fast at browsing, and really fast at draining power. My buddy may return his since he works in the field...
    i'll be eligible for the pre2 on vzw in 2 weeks. not sure i will get it though. it doesn't have the latest OS (may never have). not crazy about the form factor. the keyboard is better than the pre+, but overall it still kinda stinks.
    You will be back, LateNight. I got the HTC Evo awhile back after my old Sprint Pre died. I enjoy Android quite a bit but it just isn't what WebOS is. The ThunderBolt looks to be just about the same device to. You will like it alot, but not love it like you did the Pre. Once you ThunderBolt dies of old age you will find yourself looking for a Pre4 or another WebOS phone.

See ya in 1 or 2 years!
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by protofa View Post
    i'll be eligible for the pre2 on vzw in 2 weeks. not sure i will get it though. it doesn't have the latest OS (may never have). not crazy about the form factor. the keyboard is better than the pre+, but overall it still kinda stinks.
    Misconception. Check any\all of the Pre2 threads. Nothing but praise and complements for the device from people who have even owned all 3 (Pre,+, Pixi)
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    Misconception. Check any\all of the Pre2 threads. Nothing but praise and complements for the device from people who have even owned all 3 (Pre,+, Pixi)
    it's cause the pre 2 truly is amazing. i never even had an issue with my original pre and the pre 2 absolutely destroys it.

if i didn't want the 3.6 inch screen i would be perfectly content on keeping the pre 2 for a year or 2.

but i'm getting the pre 3 and touchpad so. yeah.
    *waits for thread to be merged