Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    over at webosworld, they have a tip stating a hp employee was testing a device that was seem to be a new device heres the article:

Hi Everyone,
    This tip just came in, so I figured I would share with all of you. This new device was seen in the hands of an HP employee.
    - Device was about 1/2 the size of a sheet of paper.
    - Device was streaming a movie while showing off a very responsive accellerometer.
    - Definitely has wifi access. The location they were at has limited wifi, so it was probably running either 3g or 4g. The movie streaming was smooth.
    - Besides a movie movie, the HP employee showed off a contacts app.
    - Some kind of USB port.
    - Had audio input/output for telephony/conferencing.
    If you have questions, ask in the comments and I will see what can be done, but no guarantees.
    That’s all I have for now (I don’t know if this is a production or testing unit), but file this under rumor for the time being.

New HP Device Sighting (Rumored Spec Details) « WebOS World
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 01/04/2011 at 01:28 PM. Reason: fixed typo
    Pics or it didn't happen!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Ué... If there is pics and confirm, is not a rumor!!

But now... hummm... 5 inchs? Hummm...

(Bye, Nokia N810... Yes, yes... I know... we as so happy, I know... but do you know, Tom Jobim Told: "- That the love gonna be eternal while it lasts..." and "The ugly that forgive me, but beauty is fundamental!")...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Wifi and multimedia audio input/output? You don't say. What will they think of next.

Over at the Engadget CES blog, there is a new tablet being announced with pictures about every 20 minutes.
    I don't see why anyone would care about the physical attributes and specs of a WebOS tablet. The only thing that matters and the only real differentiator is WebOS 2.5.x or whatever the tablet version of WebOS will be called. Until we see that in detail, there's very little new information to be gleaned from said "sightings".
    I hope 5" means a phone. Too small for a tablet, waste of time.

But yeah, I'm not holding my breath on this one.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Unless, let's say, the HP Palm webOS tablets come with corners that look Battlestar Galactia style. That would be a unique form factor. Then you would be very interested in the physical attributes, now, wouldn't you?

http://thumbs3.ebaystatic.com/m/mgqY...JMPiwA/140.jpg
    def true because maybe to us it matters,but for the massess people are still interested in what the device looks like, and the bloated spec sheet then anything else. We all know that from the majority of Android sales now dont we
    Hummm... if one side was with e-ink screen... other side with superamoled screen... dreams... dreams...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Hummm... if one side was with e-ink screen... other side with superamoled screen... dreams... dreams...

Best Regards...
    Howabout a single screen that is layered to work either as e-ink or superamoled...or both at the same time?

E-Ink overtop of a nice softly backlight paper parchment background wallpaper. yum.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    Howabout a single screen that is layered to work either as e-ink or superamoled...or both at the same time?

E-Ink overtop of a nice softly backlight paper parchment background wallpaper. yum.
    yeah now that sounds nice, lets hope HP is listening huh.
    lets all remember that this "device" that we're all foaming at the mouth for, he described(if true) to be about half the size of a piece of paper, and a 4.3in diagonally measured screen is about 5in vertically... just figured i would add to the speculation, and it could absolutely be a new phone also... this is all of course that this rumor was true haha
    Quote Originally Posted by FliedLice View Post
    I hope 5" means a phone. Too small for a tablet, waste of time.

But yeah, I'm not holding my breath on this one.
    If you cut a sheet of paper in half (heightwise) you'd have a 5.5inchx8.5inch device.

Try putting that in your pocket, and calling it a phone

But if it's half in all dimensions it would be 5.5inch x 4.25inch which would be like putting two Palm Pre's side by side and calling that a phone.
    Because we all know how well the 5" formfactor worked out for Dell.
    5in screen is too damn big.How can you fit that in your pocket?
    ..... I do love the craziness.... post a story for page hits that relies heavily on hear-say and unknown sources. You ever wonder if ex-spies run blogs?
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Wow. Not even a single word of webOS on this "device" and it makes the house burst into flames. lmao.

I feel like this is some sort of bad relationship with a girlfriend that I refuse to break up with.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    Wow. Not even a single word of webOS on this "device" and it makes the house burst into flames. lmao.

I feel like this is some sort of bad relationship with a girlfriend that I refuse to break up with.
    i did atleast conferm that over at webosworld it was running webos. Check the comments.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    ..... I do love the craziness.... post a story for page hits that relies heavily on hear-say and unknown sources. You ever wonder if ex-spies run blogs?
    I agree 100% it is really hard to not call Bull. No links or pics and even webos world isn't sure if true or not. Def a hit and miss.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 01/04/2011 at 01:35 PM. Reason: posting around language filters
    This sighting was of the WebOS table. What I did was cut a pice of paper in half -5.5"; put a 1/2" boarder. The screen size is 8.9". The overall length is 8.5" and the overall width is 5.5".
    I am ready for my heart to be broken on Thursday.
    on the topic of rumors and sightings. Anyone remember when everyone went crazy over this?
    http://www.crunchgear.com/wp-content...9/04/pres1.jpg
    *drool* Pre in the wild - bananachunks' posterous
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast