Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 37 of 37
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    ..... I do love the craziness.... post a story for page hits that relies heavily on hear-say and unknown sources. You ever wonder if ex-spies run blogs?
    But Pogey, some random person claimed to see another random person with a new, secret device. How can this info be false? We don't need pics or any kind of proof!
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    If you cut a sheet of paper in half (heightwise) you'd have a 5.5inchx8.5inch device.

    Try putting that in your pocket, and calling it a phone

    But if it's half in all dimensions it would be 5.5inch x 4.25inch which would be like putting two Palm Pre's side by side and calling that a phone.
    Touché, but I'd rather the device be a phone than a tablet. One size is too big for a phone, one is too small for a tablet. Guess I wasn't really thinking about the dimensions for anything but a tab.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    ..... I do love the craziness.... post a story for page hits that relies heavily on hear-say and unknown sources. You ever wonder if ex-spies run blogs?
    The buzz is happening but only within the choir. HP had better show some flash and some flair. They are not famous for it. They are a distributor to corporations. Apple is the pro at making a splash. My take is that it will be focused at the corporate level. That's where HP has it's base.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    on the topic of rumors and sightings. Anyone remember when everyone went crazy over this?
    http://www.crunchgear.com/wp-content...9/04/pres1.jpg
    *drool* Pre in the wild - bananachunks' posterous
    Damn, is that a Pre in the wild? It's so damn small you'd have to close one eye just to equal the screen real estate of a normal smart phone. At first I though I as looking at a pregnant Razor.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    Damn, is that a Pre in the wild? It's so damn small you'd have to close one eye just to equal the screen real estate of a normal smart phone. At first I though I as looking at a pregnant Razor.
    everyone was like, "is it real? Is it fake? Why would kids have it?" honestly i don't even remember if it turned out to be fake or real.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by FliedLice View Post
    Touché, but I'd rather the device be a phone than a tablet. One size is too big for a phone, one is too small for a tablet. Guess I wasn't really thinking about the dimensions for anything but a tab.
    3.7 is the sweet spot for a phone

    10-11 is the sweet spot for a tablet


    Just my opinion but millions of people agree with me
  7. #27  
    Just received in my email this morning from HP:

    "WEBOS 2.0

    WEBOS 2.0
    Reach new heights of personal productivity. Some say this smartphone platform can almost read your mind!

    AIM HIGH
    CATCH A BREAK
    RELATED LINKS:
    Accomplish more — faster"

    This in turn takes you to a full page on their site expounding on the benefits of a Webos 2.0 Palm Pre 2, on Verizon.

    12-2010 : A day in the life with webOS 2.0

    "The OS for the rest of us

    If you’ve been waiting for a smartphone platform to get so intelligent that it can practically read your mind, your wait is over. If you’re a Verizon [5] Wireless customer, Palm Pre 2 replaces the Palm® Pre™ Plus. If you’re happy with your older Palm Pre or Pixi but would like to experience the new features of HP webOS 2.0, you’ll soon be able to download and upgrade your operating system on all carriers.

    Stay tuned next month for the next in our series on HP webOS. Contact a sales specialist to learn more about Palm offers at (866) 625-773."
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by houshokm View Post
    Just received in my email this morning from HP:

    "WEBOS 2.0

    WEBOS 2.0
    Reach new heights of personal productivity. Some say this smartphone platform can almost read your mind!

    AIM HIGH
    CATCH A BREAK
    RELATED LINKS:
    Accomplish more — faster"

    This in turn takes you to a full page on their site expounding on the benefits of a Webos 2.0 Palm Pre 2, on Verizon.

    12-2010 : A day in the life with webOS 2.0

    "The OS for the rest of us

    If you’ve been waiting for a smartphone platform to get so intelligent that it can practically read your mind, your wait is over..."

    Didn't Palm already try the "It knows what you're doing before you do" marketing angle when Roger McNamee suggested it would let meeting attendees know when you're late for a meeting all on its own?

    HP does it one worse by saying that typing is the best way way to initiate ALL functionality, and then gives you a bunch of use cases where tapping an icon or reading/using a widget would be faster than "Just Type".
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by houshokm View Post
    Just received in my email this morning from HP:

    "WEBOS 2.0

    WEBOS 2.0
    Reach new heights of personal productivity. Some say this smartphone platform can almost read your mind!

    AIM HIGH
    CATCH A BREAK
    RELATED LINKS:
    Accomplish more — faster"

    This in turn takes you to a full page on their site expounding on the benefits of a Webos 2.0 Palm Pre 2, on Verizon.

    12-2010 : A day in the life with webOS 2.0

    "The OS for the rest of us

    If you’ve been waiting for a smartphone platform to get so intelligent that it can practically read your mind, your wait is over. If you’re a Verizon [5] Wireless customer, Palm Pre 2 replaces the Palm® Pre™ Plus. If you’re happy with your older Palm Pre or Pixi but would like to experience the new features of HP webOS 2.0, you’ll soon be able to download and upgrade your operating system on all carriers.

    Stay tuned next month for the next in our series on HP webOS. Contact a sales specialist to learn more about Palm offers at (866) 625-773."
    guess i was bit late on this...just posted it too...
  10. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    #30  
    The OS for the rest of us
    This one always puzzles me - 'rest of us' - who is that actually meant to refer to? People not on Android? IOS? WP7?
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    3.7 is the sweet spot for a phone

    10-11 is the sweet spot for a tablet


    Just my opinion but millions of people agree with me
    Couldn't agree more!
  12. #32  
    A friend of a friend of mine that works at AT&T recently mentioned to me that they are internally testing a webOS tablet about half the size a sheet of paper as well.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    This one always puzzles me - 'rest of us' - who is that actually meant to refer to? People not on Android? IOS? WP7?
    that's a take off on the old apple slogan, "Macintosh, for the rest of us" or something like that.

    from wikipedia:

    "Of the 235 million people in America, only a fraction can use a computer... Introducing Macintosh. For the rest of us." - headline from a 20 page brochure published in Newsweek[24]
  14. #34  
    btw, apple has had some really bad advertising over the years. Here is one that sounds too close to 'smarter, faster, and tons of fun'

    please HP, learn from history!!

    Apple:
    "The home computer that's ready to work, play and grow with you."
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    on the topic of rumors and sightings. Anyone remember when everyone went crazy over this?
    http://www.crunchgear.com/wp-content...9/04/pres1.jpg
    *drool* Pre in the wild - bananachunks' posterous
    Wow! The memories... [[dreamy eyed]]
  16. #36  
    "Smarter, faster, and tons of fun" should have been screened. It sounds like it's being marketed to a 4 year old with the head of a businessperson grafted on top.

    Smartphones are not "tons of fun."
  17. #37  
    Several million iPhone and Android users would disagree with you.

    And as a Pre user, I disagree with you.
    If I show up at your door, chances are you did something to bring me there.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions